BLOQ is an stylish, blocky portfolio theme for designers and creatives. It features two different layout modes, a filterable portfolio grid, a touch optimized image slider, dark and light preset skins to get you started, and much more!
- Responsive layout—your portfolio looks great on phones, tablets and desktops.
- Retina ready—BLOQ uses a combination of HTML5 canvas drawings and webfont icons, looking great on any device and specially on high density displays.
- Custom image logo—optionally with hover state and high resolution variations.
- Touch optimized homepage slider—BLOQ uses swipe.js, the most accurate touch slider. You can upload up to five images with their own caption and URL.
- Unique portfolio grid with two different layout modes: Masonry and Segmented Rows. The last one is similar to the way Tumblr displays photosets natively
- Dynamically load the next set of portfolio projects on the homepage with Ajax.
- Ajaxified portfolio filter.
- Ajaxified permalinks—load your project’s description without leaving the homepage.
- Homepage Hero and Call-to-Action, to display a welcome message for your visitors and grab your users attention.
- Collapsible widget area: the widget area on top can be toggled and re-positions to the right side on smaller screens.
- Twitter, Flickr, Dribbble and Instagram feeds.
- Support for the following Tumblr post types: text, photo, photoset, quote, link, chat, audio, and video.
- Google Web Fonts for site-wide headings.
- Social icons: Behance, deviantArt, Dribbble, Facebook, Flickr, Google+, Instagram, LastFM, LinkedIn, MySpace, Picasa, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube.
- Support for Disqus commenting system.
- Easy Google Analytics implementation.
- Support for user created pages.
- Ask and Submit enabled.
- Chock-full of options—all colors can be changed from the customization sidebar
- Comprehensive documentation.
v1.2.0 September 12, 2013
- New: Option to set layout for permalink pages (project details) globally (left, right, or fullwidth media).
- New: Built-in Google Fonts options for main body text.
- New: Ability to visually hide individual posts from the portfolio grid.
v1.1.1 September 10, 2013
- Fix: Fixed loading more post with Ajax on ‘tagged’ pages.
- Fix: Better behaviour of portfolio filter on ‘tagged’ pages.
- New: Google Web Font option for ‘Call-to-Action’ and ‘Homepage Hero’ blocks.
- New: Options to specify Google Web Font script subset (like Cyrillic and Greek, for example).
- New: Options to hide the Slider, ‘Call-to-Action’ and ‘Homepage Hero’ blocks on ‘tagged’ pages.
- Fix: fixes Twitter Widget timestamp on Internet Explorer.
v1.1.0 July 09, 2013
- New: “Previous” and “Next” arrows to navigate between projects.
- New: “Previous post” and “Next post” buttons on project permalinks.
- New: “Like” button on project details Share box.
- New: Option to show text based toggle for searchform instead of icon.
- New: Typography helper classes (“align-left”, “align-right”, etc.)
- Minor CSS improvements.
v1.0.4 June 22, 2013
- Added “Use Wide Thumbnails On Mobile” option.
- Fixes for a rendering bug in webkit browsers.
- Fix for off-canvas sidebar not showing when changing orientation on the iPad.
v1.0.3 May 11, 2013
- Fixes some glitches when scrolling the site on Mobile Safari (iPhone/iPad).
- Improved smooth scrolling when opening/closing project details.
- Better handling of “retina” logo images. CSS rewrite to fix some logo display glitches on Mobile Safari.
- Fixes an issue when embedding videos from certain sources, such as CNN.
v1.0.2 May 06, 2013
- Fixes and improvements for the Ajax portfolio filter.
- Correct color coding of thumbnails overlays when using categories containing more than a single word.
- Add optional jQuery fallback for the filter for blogs displayed in non-western languages.
v1.0.1 April 18, 2013
- Fix an issue when the Ajax portfolio filter wouldn’t work when using a custom domain name for the tumblog.
- Add option to hide the top widget area entirely.
- Add missing sections to the documentation.
v1.0 April 16, 2013
- Initial release
Click here for a list of the resources used in the making of this theme.