An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, themeenergy, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through this item’s comments.
Additional information from themeenergy:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
- Providing support to users who do not have the PURCHASED badge next to their username
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to upgrade the theme?
To upgrade please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to your profile > Downloads and download the theme again. Unzip it.
2. Unzip the contained BookYourTravel.zip
3. Turn on maintenance on your website.
4. Delete the entire parent theme.
5. Upload contents of above BookYourTravel.zip to your parent theme.
If using a child theme:
6. Backup your child theme.
7. Upgrade each php and js file in your child theme to latest version.
8. Readd your code changes to the php and js files by using a text editor.
9. Turn off maintenance mode.
10. Go to Theme options -> Upgrade tab and click the Upgrade database button.
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_called_class()
Please ask your host to install PHP 5.3
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in includes/plugins/metaboxes/meta_box.php
This issue was resolved with v6.01 of our theme. Please upgrade to the latest version of our theme to resolve this issue.
How to change ownership of a custom post type (like accommodation or tour) from one user or another.
I am having trouble trying to configure my theme and sample data to look like your demo. Please help.
To configure the basics you should really read our documentation, as it’s all explained there. If you still need assistence, here is a basic guide:
1. Create a new WordPress installation… just follow prompts.
2. Install and activate our theme.3. To import the sample data, please install the WordPress Importer plugin, so do that first: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-importer/
4. After that, go to Admin > Tools > Import > WordPress and select and run the import of the sample file we provide with the download.
5. After import has successfully run, there are a couple of other things you need to configure that don’t get configured by the importer:
- Go to Admin > Appearance > Theme options and make sure correct options are configured in the various tabs. For example, in Page Settings tab, select the various pages from the dropdowns. Just browse through and click and select options, things are self-explanatory.
- Go to Admin > Settings > Reading and under “Front page displays” select static page and from the dropdown selected the Book Your Travel home page imported by plugin.
- Go to Admin > Appearance > Menus and make sure Primary and Footer menus are properly configured (more on this including screenshots in our documentation).
- Go to Admin > Settings > Permalinks and select a non-default permalink configuration – e.g. post name, and click Save to flush permalinks.
Try your website now.
Also the home page by default shows all widgets, however, you can go to Admin > Appearance > Widgets and add any widget you want to the Home Content Widget Area for only those widgets to appear on the home page.
Revolution slider needs to be upgraded to latest version
We distribute the latest version of revslider with our theme download. You can find the revslider.zip file in includes/plugins/revslider folder.
To upgrade manually, simply follow instructions outlined in this tutorial:http://support.getbowtied.com/hc/en-us/articles/200971131-How-to-update-Slider-Revolution-
Home page contains all the widgets. How do I hide some or configure texts or change order like I was able to do in previous versions of the theme?
The homepage is now widgetized. As such, you can go to Admin -> Appearance -> Widgets and add any widgets to the Home Content Widget Area. This includes the new search widget as well as the accommodations, tour, cruise, car rental list widget each of which contains filters and configuration settings to adjust things to your needs.
Is there a deposit plugin we can use with WooCommerce with your theme?
We have done some basic testing with and believe you can use myCred from mycred.me (which is free).
Here is what we did when we tested it:
1. In Admin -> Plugins -> Add New Plugin -> myCred. 2. Installed/Activated 3. Went through myCred installation steps. 4. Went to Admin -> Users and for testing purposes found myself in user list, and next to myCred points clicked button to give myself some points. 5. Went to Admin -> myCred -> Addons -> Gateway and activated this addon. 6. Went to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Checkout -> myCred and checked "Enable myCRED Payment" and Saved. 7. Attempted to book an accommodation, had the myCred payment option at checkout, and checked out ok. 8. Our balance in Admin -> Users was reduced by the correct amount.
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.