Born is a Church WordPress Theme aimed at making your new church website the best one on the block! Feel free to send me feature requests if you feel I’ve missed something!
- Big stylistic refresh!
- Lots of bug fixes
- Change the colors, font and background image in seconds!
- Fully working AJAX Contact Form with spam protection
- Custom Widgets and a huge admin panel for customizations
- Four custom post types: Events, Videos, Audio and Galleries. All of which you can use to build out the homepage slider.
- Clean, commented code and fancy jQuery makes this template a blast to browse through.
- Layered PSD for more detailed customization
- Extensive documentation
Check out all of my church-based themes:
- WordPres 3.5 ready!
- More bug fixes
v1.7 & v1.8
- Bug fixes
- NEW – Brand new homepage slider functionality. MUCH easier to create now.
- NEW – Added audio playback support for iOS and Android devices
- NEW – Added option to hide the times for specific events
- NEW – Add option to countdown widget to display dark text (for light backgrounds)
- NEW – Using Flash audio player for desktop browsers
- NEW – Moved stylesheet so it’s editable from the WordPress edit screen
- NEW – Created a “Homepage” template for SEO support
- NEW – Added thumbnails to page/post management screens
- FIX – Fixed all of the timezone issues! (fixes countdown and event pages)
- FIX – Events will now still show up in Upcoming if their end date is in the future
- FIX – Language file additions
- FIX – 404 page content now allows HTML
- FIX – Automatically choose all categories in widgets (when no categories are selected)
- NEW – Hide footer map zone on a per page basis
- NEW – Added field for Google Analytics code
- BUG FIX – Fix the “Show Big Image” checkbox
- BUG FIX – WordPress 3.4 Fixes
- NEW – 3 new font choices
- NEW – You can now add pages to the slider
- NEW – Now allows Youtube short urls (i.e. https://youtu.be/blablabla)
- BUG FIX – Fixed some video/audio playback issues in the slider
- NEW – 12/24 hour clock option
- NEW – Set the Google Map zoom level
- NEW – Choose an event category for the Event Countdown widget
- NEW – Option to upload image to replace the Event Countdown Widget image
- NEW – Month names are now localized to your language
- NEW – Localization files now included with the theme! Feel free to translate to your heart’s content!
- NEW – Language setting for the Event Countdown display. You can choose between, English, French, Spanish, German and Italian.
- NEW – You can now change the secondary color (yellow) to anything you’d like!
- BUG FIX: Events will now go away in the countdown timer when the time is 00 00 00… (on refresh), this requires the timezone setting within WordPress to be set
- BUG FIX: Shortcodes and line breaks are now working in the Born Text Widget and Intro Text Blocks
- BUG FIX: Parent navigation elements are now “active” when a subpage is selected
- BUG FIX: When selecting the option (Hide “Posted by…” throughout the site?), the Recent Blog posts widget also follows this setting
- BUG FIX: Fixed the photo gallery corners
- NEW: Made it possible to link to external audio files.
- NEW: Made the “action” button only show up on hover in the slider.
- NEW: Now allowing a featured image to be set on the Upcoming/Past Events templates.
- BUG FIX: Left sidebar template fix.
- NEW: Added the option to hide the “Posted by…” text.
- NEW: New audio player for IE8 and other browsers without HTML5 audio capabilities.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an AM/PM issue with the event countdown widget.
- BUG FIX: Fixed the “Show Big Image” bug
- BUG FIX: Fixed “image frame” issue.
- NEW: Added option to show featured image or map on the Contact template.
- NEW: Added option to hide post meta information (Posted by…) throughout the site.
- NEW: Added “current page” styling to the main navigation.
- NEW: Added the option to hide breadcrumbs throughout the site.
- BUG FIX: Fixed the complete lack of image styling on pages/posts. (Whoops!)
- BUG FIX: If a featured image isn’t set on a homepage slider post, Born will now show a default one that informs the user to actually set one.
- Still working perfectly in the brand new WordPress 3.3!
v1.0.8 and v1.0.7 Updates
- NEW: Combined date/time functionality into the datepicker for events. A HUGELY requested feature and it works really well for those countdown timer fans!
- BUG FIX: The small v1.0.8 update fixed a bug where if you were hiding the button in the slider, it would hide it in other areas as well. This has been fixed.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a bug where it would not show the current event in the countdown widget
- BUG FIX: Fixed a bug where events with start time/end times weren’t wrapping right in the widget.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a post thumbnail issue in the “Recent Posts” widget.
- NEW: Added option to “Hide Contact Block/Map” in the footer
- NEW: Added option per Event to show the “Map” or the “Featured Image”
- BUG FIX: Slider prev/next button issue
- BUG FIX: Fixed the contact form
- Also Updated the documentation for more clarity.
- Tested and working in WP 3.3 beta4!
- BUG FIX: Fixed the dropdown issues in IE7
- BUG FIX: Fixed some jQuery conflicts with certain plugins
- BUG FIX: Fixed a slider bug when a link was not provided.
- NEW: Added a new upgrade script for easier upgrading!
- NEW: Added ”# Comments” to meta information under Post titles.
- NEW: Added thumbnails to posts
- NEW: Added options to hide Like, Tweet and Plus buttons.
- BUG FIX: Made the “Recent Posts” widget not show a php error when you forget to select categories.
- BUG FIX: Fixed the “Media” widget to allow pulling of individual media types.
- BUG FIX: Changed “Event Archive” page template to “Past Events” and added an “Upcoming Events” template to avoid confusion.
- NEW: Replace widget area with a page on the homepage.
- NEW: Added a favicon upload option.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a Twitter button issue.
- BUG FIX: Fixed Google map bubble issue.