Brainstorm now fully works with WordPress 3.5!
Brainstorm WordPress Theme is a theme that we tried to push to the limits of WordPress. This theme has lots of features that you can work with. It’s all optional, but it’s powerful.
Check out the screencasts to see it all in action.
What they say
Glad I decided to keep browsing (was about to buy another theme). This is far superior!
Incredible theme, really is the most user friendly I’ve downloaded from here.
I don’t even need a WP theme right now but I’m buying it just because its the best one Ive seen on TF in a while!
Content composer looks really amazing! Very flexible and limitless tool
One of the most amazing features is the Content Composer which lets you manage (drag&drop) your content and layout easily. But there are tons more features that are giving you maximum flexibility and customizability and all easy to use.
Content Composer (modules)
- Blank module (ability to add text and shortcodes)
- Services module (ability to add text with an icon)
- Latest tweets module (show your latest tweets)
- >Portfolio module (show your latest portfolio items)
- Testimonials module (show your latest testimonials)
- Contact Form module (ability to add a Contact Form to the page)
- Separator module (ability to add a space between modules)
- Awesome portfolio styles and options
- Page and posts options
- Manage your content with the drag&drop system: Content Composer
- Top slider per page or post
- Alternative page title&description
- Disable the page title per page
- Set layout (left – right – no sidebar)
- Custom sidebar per page or post
- Portfolio & Testimonial Custom post types
- >29 Fonts for headings (with Google Font API)
- 4 Custom widgets (to use in the sidebar)
- Powerful Theme Options Panel Take a look
- 10+ Shortcodes
- Fancy Image Gallery slider totally flexible for every column
- Contact Form with jQuery (email) validation
- Show/hide Author box on the blog
- Nested comments
- 10 Skins
- Extensive Documentation Included
- Custom logo replacement
- Wordpress 3 Menu support
- jQuery Drop-down menu
- And much much more.. Just check the screencasts out we’ve made!
Theme updatesVersion 1.6.3 / Dec 12th 2012
- Fix – Getting it WP 3.5 ready
- Other – Other minor improvements
Version 1.6.2 / May 15th 2012
- Fixed – Slider bug which appeared on some servers
Version 1.6.1 / July 12th 2011
- Fixed – Custom sidebar option not clickable in WP3.2
Version 1.6 / July 5th 2011
- Fixed – Some issues with WP 3.2
Version 1.5 / July 3rd 2011
- Fixed – Upload script for logo and favicon
- Fixed – Sidebar bug when activate this theme with existing posts
Version 1.4 / June 1st 2011
- Fixed: Top slider – Image transition delay bug
- Fixed: Top slider, no arrows navigation when one image is added
- Fixed: Blog category view sidebar bug
- Added: Possibility to choose a category in the Content Composer for the Portfolio Module
- Possibility to choose to randomize posts in the JW Post Slider Widget
- Added: 404 page
Version 1.3 / March 12th 2011
- Added – You can now add animated filters to portfolio listings
- Added – Galleria shortcode autoplay
- Added – Breadcrumbs now show parent pages too (all ancestors)
- Added – The “read more” link on the blog posts listing can be removed now, in JWPanel under Blog.
- Fixed – Search page
- Fixed – Lightbox for portfolio was showing the thumbnail too, fixed now.
- Fixed – Menu CSS improved
- Fixed – CSS style for the standard WordPress widgets and other CSS improvements
- Fixed – JS Optimization
Version 1.2 / 27 February 2011
- Fixed – Page and post titles on their special pages are now H1 tags.
- Fixed – Issue when deleting a sidebar and then the next one you create gets the widgets form the one you deleted
- Added – 3D slider option for the top slider
- Added – Simple slider option
- Added – 2 more social icons added for the footer
- Added – Comments are now available on pages and portfolio posts (activate them for pages in JWPanel under general and for portfolio posts under portfolio)
- Added – For widget “Slider Posts” you can now define the portfolio category you want to appear in the slider
- Added – You can now define the permalinks slug that will be used for portfolio posts. It’s portfolio-view by default as it was before. You can change it in JWPanel under Portfolio
Version 1.1 / 24 February 2011
- Fixed – Some minor CSS changes in the admin
- Fixed – The file for localization is included now so you can translate the theme
- Fixed – The contact form has flexible width now, so it can be used in any column width
- Fixed – The jQuery plugin used for the top slider has been changed with a new and better one
- Changed – Some of the options in JWPanel have been moved to a new category – Appearance
- Added – Title&Description option in admin for Blog posts and Portfolio posts
- Added – Option to show the breadcrumbs bar on homepage – JWPanel under Appearance
- Added – Option when creating/editing a page with the portfolio template to include specific portfolio categories
SupportSince July 1st 2012 support for all of our themes are made through the WPScientist Support Forums. If you’d like to start a new thread there, our support staff will respond to you as soon as possible. All support questions which are made through this comments section, e-mail, Twitter or any other service will be redirected to the support forums.
Photography used in demo
Some amazing photography that is used for the demo of Brainstorm is made by the artist IMustBeDead. We got permission to use some of his photographs. You should really check out his portfolio on deviantART or his own website.