Current Version: 1.14 updated on the 16th September 2011.
Buffalo is a Premium WordPress Theme with a clean and minimalist design style. This theme is Perfect for a Variety of Purposes including Portfolios, Photography & Businesses. It has been created with experienced & in-experienced users in mind, it comes with an easy to customise option panel with a large range of options giving you nearly full control of the style without having to dig deep into the css.
Buffalo takes a simplistic approach when it comes to the default design but is loaded with colour options, custom fonts, various page templates and built-in styles that allow you to easily change the theme to fit your needs or the needs of your client. Buffalo comes with 3 custom post types: homepage highlights, portfolio and slider. This will allow you to easily set up the various aspects of your theme without having to mess with any shortcodes to get the layout showcased in the demo. You can have an unlimited amount of posts for each of these post types as well as have an unlimited amount of portfolio categories so you can showcase your various work, products and/or services.
The portfolio page in Buffalo is set up using a custom page template which automatically pulls your posts from the portfolio post type. Via the admin panel you can choose between 2, 3 or 4 columns for the main portfolio template and the category pages as well as there are options to disable the title/description for these items if you want to have a gallery style portfolio. We have also added some nice custom meta options to these posts so you can have custom descriptions, link items to an external URL as opposed to the lightbox effect and 4 additional image options so you can set up a slider on the individual portfolio page.
These days having a blog for your business is very important so you can gain exposure for your company to gather more customers as well as to keep your current customers informed with the latest news. Buffalo also comes with a blog setup so you can use your regular posts to create blog posts. The blog is designed with the same minimal approach as the rest of the theme and it includes some extra premium features like author bio sections, related posts with thumbnails, advanced threaded comments, unique sidebar (different then the sidebar for pages) and a few custom widgets (latest work, recent posts with thumbnails, Flickr feed and latest comments with gravatar).
Great Minimalistic theme. It seems easy building it, but it isn’t! Great options, looking forward working with it! Please continue to develop it even further! Very happy customer – RBORSATO
I am absolutely blown away by the Authentic team’s support. Not only is it fast (I got a response in less than 20 minutes!), but they even integrated a feature I suggested. On top of it, they are friendly and I can tell they take great pride in their work. These are the types of designers and developers that deserve our continued support. This is how it should be done. I hope they have much success with this theme and future work. I will definitely be a repeat customer. They go above and beyond my expectations. – DANIEL HAMILTON
Below you will find some of the features included with this theme:
- 10 Pre-Made Colour Schemes.
- Unlimited Custom Colour Schemes.
- 2 Sliders to Choose from: Nivo or Slides.
- Fliterable Portfolio.
- Single Portfolio Page – Display in-depth project information (with up to 4 slides via Nivo).
- Localisation Support.
- Sample Data Included.
- Based Upon the 960 Grid System
- Huge Assortment of web fonts from Google Fonts 100+
- 30+ Backgrounds to Choose from.
- 1,2,3,4 Column Widgetized Footer to choose from.
- 2,3,4 Column Portfolio to Choose from.
- Choose between an Animated Portfolio (filterable) or Have a static portfolio with a set number of items on each page.
- 2,3,4 Column Homepage Highlights to Choose from.
- Multi Level Drop Down Menu
- Normal or Magazine Style Homepage.
- Display Recent Work on the Homepage.
- 4 Custom Widgets: Flickr, Recent Portfolio Items, Recent Posts, Comments
- Basic Install/Usage Screencasts
Option Panel Features
- Upload a Logo/Favicon
- Select a Colour Scheme
- Select a Pre-set Background Image or Upload One
- Select Colours for: Body Background, Heading Background, Footer Background, Text, Link/Hovers/Visited
- Select Fonts for: Body, Navigation, Headings
- Select Heading Sizes H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6
- Select a Normal Homepage or a Magazine Homepage
- Add a Tagline to the Homepage
- Select How Many Highlights are to be displayed on the Homepage 2/3/4
- Enable/Disable Recent Work on the Homepage
- Custom Title for the Recent Work Carousel
- Custom Amount of Recent Work Items to be Displayed
- Choose Between 2 Sliders: Nivo, Slides
- Slider Options: Transition Effects, Animation Speeds, Pause Time, Navigation Buttons Enable/Disable, Bullet Navigation Enable/Disable, Pause on Hover Enable/Disable
- Portfolio Options: Choose How Many Portfolio Columns to Display 2/3/4, Portfolio Title Enable/Disable, Portfolio Description Enable/Disable, Custom Portfolio Extended Link Title, Custom Portfolio Heading
- Blog Options: Hide Shortcodes from the Visual Editor, Custom Blog Heading, Show Full Posts Enable/Disable, Extended Title Link, Excerpt Length, Featured Image Enable/Disable, Related Posts Enable/Disable, Author Bio Enable/Disable
- Social Options: Twitter, Vimeo, Google Plus, Facebook, Skype, Forrst, Dribbble, RSS
- Footer Options: Widgetized Footer Enable/Disable, Footer Widgetized Columns 1/2/3/4, Custom HTML Instead of Default Copyright Insert
- Header/Footer Analytics Tracking Code
- Slider can be Disabled/Enabled
Buffalo v1.14 – 16th September 2011
- Fixed – Blog page will now display properly when a static page is defined.
- Fixed – The theme will now check to see if there is a featured image, if there is not one defined the image tags will not be generated.
- Fixed – Jetpack over-lapping admin panel.
- Fixed – Footer Right Custom HTML text not being used to replace the default copyright information.
- Removed – Extra div in the admin panel.
Updated files: /admin/theme-admin.php, /admin/css/functions.css
Buffalo v1.13 – 2nd August 2011
- Added comments support to regular pages. Removed “Comments Are Closed” from pages when comments are closed.
- Added new portfolio page template without filtering.
- Added 2 New Admin Options – Portfolio Items per Page & Portfolio Page URL
- Added category links to portfolio category pages and pagination.
Buffalo v1.1 – 30th July 2011
- Fixed bug with widgets not being movable on some browsers.
- Added option to disable homepage slider.
Note: This is the WordPress version the HTML version can be found here.