This author's response time can be up to 2 business days.
Hi mate, I’m not sure why the theme doesn’t look right on android browsers? it Looks good on iphone and chrome for android but it doesn’t look like the mobile version on android default browser. can anyone help? Thanks! Cheers!
Please post some screenshots to our support forum, we’ll have a look at it.
Please kindly post your support questions on our Support Forum. This will enable our dedicated support team to assist you most efficiently. The Support Forum can be accessed at: http://support.ait-themes.com
You support forum account will be generated automatically.
done I’ve posted the question. Looking forward for your response. Cheers!
I am trying to create a mall directory, not a general community business directory. This is a very small mall, with not a lot of “categories”. I don’t really want to use categories. I just want to display the individual businesses on the home page and have directory listings for each. Can I modify this template to accomplish this?
Yes you can do modifications to php/html templates, no problem.
Theme looks great, I have some pre sales questions
1. Default URL/Permalink Structure for Listings, Categories & Location
Looking at your demo site on the category cafe & tea, I see this
Please can you advise & which slugs can be customized.
I want to do this for categories with a static URL that is able to be referenced by search engines
2. What is default Listings URL
3. What is default location URL for multi city directory
2. Category Listings Display
How are the Category Listings “Pages” called, is this via using category in the menu item or can they actually be added to a WP page
Can a category description e.g text about a category be added to the category “page”
I ask as having major issues with a very well known new directory theme at the moment and I have no way to reference mysite/location/category via a static URL
3. How many sub categories (fields) can a category support
E.g. Restaurants/type of food x 10
How are these categories displayed in the menu
4. Can I create sub categorys for each high level category
e.g. Restaurants/type of food x 10
e.g. Bars/type of bars x 10
5. How does the search function work
e.g. by category, highest rated, tags
6. How do Featured Listings work – assume this feature is present
What determines that a listing is featured
How are featured listings displayed
7. How does claim listing work
8. User Sign Up
What email notifications exist
If no email notifications exist – what options are there to implement these
9. Pricing Packages
If I have multiple categories for each high level category, how are these presented to the user
Can I demo the user sign up process
10. Pricing packages
Can I create packages that include less category fields and options e.g. charge user to add 10 pictures or 5 pictures
I appreciate your time, its a long list
Thanks for your message, please see my comments below:
1. Slugs are not customizable by default.
2. It’s url of your website.
3. It’s url of your website basically. Try to remove top bar for more details regarding url.
2. Categories are standard wordpress categories.
3. Unlimited subcategories.
5. Text searches title and description, category and location is clear I think.
6. Yes feature listing is present. It’ll show always on top.
7. Users can claim their listing that you entered to the system.
8. Notification emails are not implemented.
9. You can configure what will each individual package include. User can insert their items to any category.
10. You can extend item fields pretty easily, please check the following link for more details: http://www.ait-themes.com/doc/how-to-edit-custom-type/?theme=directory-wordpress-theme
Lot of nice and handy features are already included. You can take our theme as a good base and build on top of that to create your own unique portal.
Thanks for the reply. A few more questions
Please advise which are the default category URL fields
There is no reference to the parent category
Is this the default structure?
3. How would this URL be displayed
e.g. mysite/london/cafetea/castlefresh ??
4. How would this URL be displayed
mysite/cityname/category/subcategory (or fields)/businessname
5. How would this URL be displayed
5. How are the category listings “pages” created e.g. adding category to WP menu, or creating a WP page and adding listing categories
6. Are all child categories for each parent unique or are they applied to all parent categories
Hi any idea when you will reply? looking at your support forum, can you confirm if this was implemented
Hi, I received today message from developer that locations pages will be added in the same way as now category pages works. Developers will work on this when will be done with current work so really can’t say any time estimate for this.
Regarding to search feature, for this they have no in plans any changes in near future and do not think about changes in script to use categories and location names in url instead IDs.
Hi, the support for locations pages which are working in the same way like categories pages was implemented in some of early update. Current theme version include this option.
1. you can change part /cat/ to anything else in theme file
2. single Item pages do not include category in url – we are using proper urls for wordpress custom post type, url must be yourdomain.com/item/item-name
At least you can change the /item/ part in the same way like /cat/ url part for categories
3,4.5. not possible by default, used are proper links which wordpress provide for custom post types.
5. category and location pages are generate automatically for each of both taxonomies. You do not need create manually anything what you see there.
6. the structure of categories you’ll create as you need – in the absolutely same way like you can do for default blog posts you can assign posts to categories and build structure of parent-child categories like you need.
Many Thanks for the update.
To be clear, I want to create a multi city directory that where category’s and listings can be reached in each location via a static URL
Is this possible or possible with your CPT slugs and what would the URL be?
I have read all the theme docs but don’t think I understand how locations/category’s and listings are linked
The Theme seems to have category’s (listing category’s), listings (items) and locations all as separate CPTS
You cannot create urls like that by default, you might need some 3rd partly plugin for that.
Is possible to add last blog entries on the homepage of this theme, for example above the top rated items? (Im not talking about a last entries widget on footer sidebar.)
I can’t see any options and it would be fine for visitors and SEO.
just have a few questions.
1. is it possible to have the larger photo in each listing on top, instead of closer to the bottom where the map is located?
2. can the photos enlarge when clicked on, with other options such as an auto slide shows?
3. is it possible to enlarge the miniature photo for each listing that opens on top of the map, when the icon/pin is clicked? Its just to little.
4. are you going to do anything else with the theme or is it finished?
5. are you now accepting request for customizing your theme?
1. header of single Item pages is fixed and displayed is only map
2. feature like this is not included
3. feature like this is not included
4. for now we’ve no in plans extending of current functionality
5. unfortunately it’s not in our best work on custom modifications based on customers requests
Considering this is Wordpress, how it would behave if I add over 10.000 listings?
Hi, some users used theme with more listings then 10.000 and site works pretty fast, but some users who run theme with this count of listings have problem with speed what I think is issue of server where site running.
Hello, I’d like to use this for a Mosque finder I was wondering if this was possible and if a Mosque icon could be added?
Secondly, will this pick up users locations to find the local one?
Hi, icons may be changed to anything you want, so no problem to change also to Mosque images. Theme include geolocation to search around position of visitor in some radius set up in admin by you in kilometers.
Is it possible to use a different slider on the homepage other than Revolution? I can add a different slider with a shortcode but since I’m using a sidebar on the homepage, it shrinks to sit on the page next to the sidebar, when I obviously want it to sit across the top of the page – full width. I’d appreciate your help on here with this. Thanks.
Please use the following link to register to our support forum: http://support.ait-themes.com/sign/register
You support forum account will be generated automatically.
I am working in a website for restaurants and they will have a premium account and the restaurants will pay to add information in the website. So I will earn some money for this. I have the doubt if i have to pay extended licence because it says that “Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for”, can you explain this more ?
Thanks a lot!
Hi, licenses have nothing to do with features of theme, also with Regular licence you can fully use theme. Difference between Regular and Extended licence is just that theme with regular license may be installed only on one domain, so each new site where you want use theme require new purchase with new regular license. Theme with Extended license may be installed on unlimited count of domains.
Is it possible top add a custom map and put the pin markers on it?
Hi, sorry this is not possible by default, map in the header is dyanmically generated and show automatically items post types.
I’m really interested in your theme and I want to ask you this :
If someone enter the website the map in the header will focus on his location and show the businesses around him?
I mean if someone enters my website and has an Ip of New York the map shows his location centered and all the businesses around his location?
Also it is possible to add more advertising spaces?
Hi, theme provide option to turn on geolocation – then position of visitor is recognized and displayed on the map, visible are also items around position of visitor. Radius in which items around visitor position are displayed you’ll set in admin in kilometers.
Advertising spaces are fixed and available are only places presented on our preview site http://preview.ait-themes.com/businessfinder/wp1/theme-features/advertising-spaces/
I wonder if it would be possible to translate this Theme in another Language. No Multi-Lingual Site, just one other Language without buying a Plugin which costs more than the Theme itself.
Do you have any Ideas?
Hi, with theme is provided translation POT file with which you can translate the frontend of site without using any plugin. Unfortunately backend of theme, so all theme options in admin are not translatable.
Awesome Great Work
This is a great theme and the guys continue to improve things and make them better and although sometimes support can seem a little slow. The response is always positive. Very pleased with the theme and the service.
This theme really needs a mega menu. There are obviously going to be huge category requirements with a directory theme. I can’t believe that this theme is not even compatible with third party mega menus. Is it possible to remove your menu completely?
Hello, I was wondering how you change the colors of the arrows in the specials section
Hi, This theme is very good.
One question, This possível automatic location via iphone?
Geolocation feature is already included, you can turn it on in the admin. Thanks.
how can I update the theme to 1.20 version
You can download the latest version from here, please navigate to downloads tab.
1. In the theme description it is mentioned “You can also view, approve or delete people’s ratings on your businesses”. Why would a business be allowed to fully control the ratings received? This way they will keep only the 5 star ratings and remove everything else.
2. Can the packages be paid by the customer offline (e.g. bank transfer)?
3. Every listing has a very small image as showcase. Can the listing have multiple images and larger?
Hi, Thanks for your message. Please see my comments below:
1. You can disable this feature if you want. We can point you the right direction on our support forum.
2. Sorry only paypal is possible
3. Yes, imager gallery feature is implemented.
Is it posible to declare areas on the map instead of addresses? I want to use this theme for a business directory that lists professionals and the areas that they cover. Is this prossible? You know, to show the google maps circle that covers a specific radius.
Sorry only address is possible by default. Thanks.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $25.60
Power Elite Author