An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by etheme
Frequently Asked Questions
How to update if I DON’T change theme’s files?
Just download new version and copy it over old files. That’s it.
Important: If you use Compilation feature (System -> Tools -> Compilation) you should disable it before theme update. And enable it when update is completed.
Note: update will overwrite your slides to default values. You have to upload slides after updates.
Note: after update you have to manually create CMS block with name “buyshop_social_like_buttons” and HTML content from file patch/buyshop_social_like_buttons.txt
How to update if I CHANGE theme’s files?
We provide .diff files in “patch” folder. Just compare your files with changed ones after new version will be realeased. You can also apply patches using you favorite SVN tool.
Can you give me step by step instructions how to update theme?
- Upload patch files (svn-diff-file-from-v1.0-to-v1.1.diff, svn-diff-file-from-v1.1-to-v1.2.diff, etc) to your web server’s root folder.
- Login to your server via SSH
- Change directory to your webserver root folder.
cd /u01/www/support.ethemeuk.com/svntest– in my case
- Run patch command to apply first patch.
patch -p7 < svn-diff-file-from-v1.0-to-v1.1.diff
- Run patch command to apply second patch.
patch -p7 < svn-diff-file-from-v1.1-to-v1.2.diff
- Check patch log.
- Clear Magento cache, clear browser cache.
Please note that patches should be applied version by version. I.e. if you have v1.0 and download v1.5 – you should first apply patches from v1.0-to-v1.1, after that from v1.1-to-v1.2 and so on
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.