An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to install Cherry theme, WooCommerce plugin and import demo content ?
We created a screencast showing how to do it and you can view it here – http://www.screenr.com/nB68
Does Cherry theme support child themes ?
Yes, the latest version of Cherry theme supports child themes, as the matter of the fact, in download package we included starter child theme with all the necessary files.
Do you provide Cherry theme customizations ?
No. We are providing support for issues, and to help you start with theme and do the basic setup. We are making smaller customizations in case of issues and if some promised featured is buggy.
Do you provide support for Cherry theme ?
We provide support if:
- There are issues with theme functioning.
- Our help is needed with theme options and features.
- We don’t provide support if:
- You edited the theme code and want us to solve the issues that came out as result of editing.
- Your support questions are beyond the matters and issues related to the theme
- Issues caused by plugins and/or poorly set up servers.
- We estimate your support question are revealing absolute lack of Wordpress knowledge and/or themes, or basic concepts in web sites development.
It’s assumed that you have some, at least, basic knowledge of Wordpress, it’s administration, installation of themes and that you, by purchasing theme on Theme forest understand that you purchased software with open code and we cannot support lack of theme functioning due to your, eventual, lack of knowledge or if you edited original theme code.
NOTE: Please, if you have multiple Envato accounts, contact us for support using same account from which you purchased the Cherry, with verification code, so we can verify your purchase.
Is Cherry theme multilingual ready ?
Cherry is translation ready, which means that strings (hardcoded words and phrases) can be translated. For multilingual support you should install multilingual plugin, such as WPML. However, Cherry is not tested with WMPL plugin and we cannot guarantee full compatibility.
How to translate Cherry Theme ?
- Install and configure WordPress and Cherry Theme following the provided guidelines.
- After making sure, that everything works, as it is supposed to, make a full backup of all files.
- Download the default language files for the Cherry Theme from the url ([YOUR DOMAIN ]/wp-content/themes/[YOU CHERRY VERSION ]/languages/). The files are named “cherry.pot” and “cherry.mo”.
- Change the file type of “cherry.pot” to “cherry.po”, as the suggested translation software (“Poedit”) only recognises this file type.
- Use a program like “Poedit” (http://www.poedit.net) to translate the english version of the Cherry Theme into your preferred language. It is very simple. The english text is shown in a form field named something like “Original Text”, and then you enter the new text into a form field named “Translation”.
- You will have to rename the language file according to your chosen language. For the Danish language the file should be named “da_DK.po” (changed from “cherry.po”). A list of correct file names for different languages can be found here: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language
- After you have translated all the words and sentences, you want to, save the file. Before doing so, it is very important, that you under “Settings” in “Poedit” have chosen to “Make a .mo-file when saving”. This will automatically save a .po-file and a .mo-file (e.g. “da_DK.po” and “da_DK.mo”). Upload these files to the language folder of the Cherry Theme ([YOUR DOMAIN ]/wp-content/themes/[YOU CHERRY VERSION ]/languages/).
- The last thing you need to do is to tell WordPress to use your language version . This is done by editing the file “wp-config.php”, which is in the root of your WordPress installation. Around line 70 (or close by) change the line “define (‘WPLANG’, ‘en_US’);” to your language version (same as new file names), e.g. “define (‘WPLANG’, ‘da_DK’);” (do not use citation marks :)) Also make sure to use the correct hyphens like: ’ and not ´ for it to work (use same as in the file “wp-config.php”). And that is it. Very quick, clean and works perfectly.
COMMON ERROR NOTE “The package could not be installed. > The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. > Theme install failed” SOLUTION
The downloaded zip is not installable wordpress theme itself – it’s a package that contains among other files (woocommerce, wp e-commerce and other plugins, documentation) installable Cherry file, too . In downloaded package there is one installable Cherry theme file:
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.