An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by Dream-Theme
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dropdown menu issue
margin: 0 !important;
#nav li div ul on line 360 in “css/style.css”
I do not see the “Add Photo” button when adding a new album.
This theme is using timtumb and other plugins that are very “path sensetive”.
You need to install theme straight to “themes/dt-chocolate” folder.
(Wrong variants: “themes/dt-chocolate-1-1”, “themes/dt-chocolate/dt-chocolate/”)
Other option: some files of theme are missing. It may happen if theme was installed via FTP.
When there is ’ or ” in the photo description, my photos disappear.
Replace on line 408 of functions/04_custom_post_gallery_plus_add.php
$im[“desc”] = $attrs[“desc”];
$im[“desc”] = htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($attrs[“desc”]));
Short HOWTO on Homepage slider setup by ianfrancisco
CREATING THE SLIDER
- In WP admin, click Sliders, click Add New.
- Fill in the Title area. Example: Slider (set of slides).
- Click Upload/Insert media and the media window opens.
- In the From Computer tab, upload the images you want displayed in the home page slider.
- Click Save All Changes and the Gallery tab indicating the number of images in parenthesis appears on top.
- Click the Gallery tab.
- Click Insert or Update Gallery and the media window closes. You should now see the Gallery placeholder in the text pane.
You may or may not set up featured image. But setting up one makes it more visual and easily identifies your slider when setting up the Page for the slider. If not set, a “No Image” placeholder will be seen instead. This is alright, the title primarily identifies your slider.
Click Publish. Nothing happens yet, proceed to creating the page for the slider.
CREATING THE PAGE FOR THE SLIDER
- In WP admin, click Pages, click Add New.
- Fill in the Title area. Example: Home Slider.
- In the Page Attributes box, under Template in the drop down options, choose Homepage – New Slider. The Options for New Slider box appears.
- In the Options for New Slider box, set the Transition, Interval, Autoplay and Overlay Mask. Under Show:, choose Only… check the slider you made. If you’re following using my examples, check Slider (set of slides).
- Click Publish. Continue with the next set of steps.
MAKING THE PAGE FOR THE SLIDER A HOME PAGE
- In WP Admin, hover over Settings, Click Reading.
- In Front page displays setting, choose A Static Page.
- In the Front page drop down options, choose the page where you created the slider. In my example, Home Slider.
- Click Save Changes.
That’s it! Check out your new Home page slider. You may need to rename and reorganize your menu in the Appearance > Menus if you don’t want the Page you created to show up in the menu. Removing it from the menu doesn’t affect the slider function.
EDITING CONTENTS OF THE SLIDER
- If you want to add or remove images from the slider you made, just edit the slider.
- In WP Admin, click Slider.
- Click Edit under the title of the slider you made. i.e., Slider (set of slides)
- In the text pane area, click on the gallery placeholder and click Edit Gallery icon. The media window opens up in the Gallery tab.
- Delete or edit images in the Gallery tab.
- If you want to add more images, click From Computer tab and upload more images.
- Click Save all changes. The number of gallery images in parenthesis updates.
- Click Update gallery settings and the media window closes.
- Click Publish.
View your updated slider.
How to fix “jumping” between albums when clicking next/previous button?
Replace following files:
“dt-chocolate/js/scripts.js” with this: http://choco.dream-theme.com/downloads/scripts.js
“dt-chocolate/js/plugins/highslide/highslide.config.js” with this one: http://choco.dream-theme.com/downloads/highslide.config.js
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.