Update: new versionnow! Read more about the Changes at the bottom of the Page. Updating is highly recommended!
Choices is a responsive WordPress Theme (try resizing your browser), suited for business websites and users who want to showcase their work on a neat portfolio site. The Theme is built on top of the fabulous Avia Framework and offers support for the WPML MULTI LANGUAGE plugin, just in case you need it
It comes with a plethora of options so you can modify layout, styling, colors and fonts directly from within the backend. Build your own skin or use one of 14 predefined skins right out from your WordPress Admin Panel. Font, background and color options as well as the dynamic template builder will help you create the Website you need in no time. In addition to the global options you can set unqiue styling options for each entry as seen in the theme demo
SEO (Search engine optimization)
The theme is built with SEO best practices in mind. It uses semantical valid HTML code and CSS so search engines can index the content of your site with ease. Important content is always placed before unimportent in your source code (eg: Blog Post content before Sidebar), Headlines are wrapped in heading tags (h1, h2, h3 etc) to signalise their importance to search engines. The site also uses heavy internal site linking, which is also of vital for search engines (related posts, primary and secondary navigation menus, footer navigation, etc) With this Wordpress Template you are well equipped to get a high google ranking and attract visitors to show them your fantastic work
Key Features Overview
- Translation ready with mo/po files (Already comes with english ,french, german, spanish and romanian language files)
- WPML plugin ready:WPML Plugin, in case your business needs a multi language site
- Responsive designs that addapts to smaller devices (iphone, ipad)
- Deactivate responsive features with one click in your backend
- Responsive Slideshow that is optimized for mobile devices (hardware accelerated CSS3 slider)
- Post Format Support: Standard, Image, Video, Gallery, Link, Quote
- Multiple Slideshows possible. You can add one to each post, page or portfolio entry
- 14 predefined skins, easy to edit and modify. Any number of skins possible
- Supports Videos from any major video hosting service
- Template Builder for unique page layouts (Landing Pages, Frontpages, Videopages etc)
- Visual Shortcode editor with preview function, tons of shortcodes like pricing tables, columns, buttons etc
- Custom Widgets like: Combo Widget, Recent News, Recent Portfolio entries, Advertising, Twitter, Twitter + RSS follower count
- Color picker options for any number of gorgeous color settings.
- Unqiue Sidebars for each page/category possible
- Extensive User Manual, short videos and professional theme support by me and my team to fix any kind of problems
- Growing community in our support forum: 4500 registered users, 5300 Topics, 25000 Posts. We do care that your site works and answer every post!
- Contact Form Builder: Modify your contact form from your backend: add/remove/modify the available inputs, textareas, dropdowns and checkboxes
- Code built with SEO best practice in mind
- PSDs included
ResponsiveThis is a responsive theme, able to adapt its layout to the screen size of your visitors. (try resizing the screen and see for yourself) The Slideshows for this theme are also touch enabled and hardware accelerated, which means they are working super sleek on mobile device like ipad or iphone
Support and Documentation
The theme comes with an extensive help file with videos to help you understand how it works. If you encounter any problems or have questions once you purchased the theme feel free to drop us a notice at http://www.kriesi.at/support
We have 4500 registered members that often help out faster than we can. Nevertheless you will always recieve a response from me or my support team. More than 25000 Posts show that we do care that your site works fine
A short notice: The reasons I have chosen to use my own forum are quite simple:
- Themeforest support threads are not searchable. Since most questions are asked over and over again a searchable forum will greatly enhance your experience since the answer to your question might already be there.
- Second Reason: people can’t respond to each other at themeforest to help each other out, which often happens on the support forums.
External scripts and resources used:
- lightbox plugin
- Iconsweets2 Icon set
- Images by dribbble+: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners and not available for download with this theme.
- Special Thanks to Zee7 and Brian Plemons
- flickr creative commons library pictures by: cg, manu_h, mizrak, visualpanic, codyR, kretyen, mescon, obskura, freya23, amir K, Tambako the Jaguar, jaeWalk
ChangelogUpdate: 2014 August 27
This release ensures WordPress 4.0 compatibility and fixes by making our framework ready for the latest jQuery version
Please update - file: style.css - folder: framework2014 January 9th – Version 2.0
file style.css: updated version number file includes/loop-portfolio.php - fixed a bug with portfolio sorting options not displaying folder framework: - updated for wordpress 3.8 compatibility - added updating option from the themes backend
2013 August 7th – Version 1.9
This release ensures wp 3.6 compatibility and fixes a lot of small issues that touch a lot of theme files, therefore we recommend updating the whole theme folder.
- Fixed several wordpress 3.6 related slider issues - Updated to latest framework version with all its performance improvements and bugfixes - added/fixed a lot of styling issues - removed default twitter widget due to twitters API change. - added support for Twitter Widget Pro: http://wordpress.org/plugins/twitter-widget-pro/
2013 April 15th – Version 1.8
file style.css: updated version number file: choices/functions.php - removed the twitter and facebook scripts file: choices/includes/admin/register-admin-metabox.php - updated to display the insert video button for slideshows again file: choices/includes/loop-index.php - removed twitter and facebook button due to API problems. please use a plugin in the future if you need this functionallity file: choices/includes/loop-portfolio-single.php - removed twitter and facebook button due to API problems. please use a plugin in the future if you need this functionallity folder framework: several bugfixes and improvments folder js: prettyphoto update
2012 21 01 – Version 1.7
file style.css: updated version number file includes/helper-slideshow.php - added a check to prevent slider display when on forum pages file inclides/helper-template-logic.php - fixed a problem with sidebar positioning file layout: fixed a google maps widget display problem file forum.php file: loop-portfolio.php - changed behavior of sortable portfolio so that empty categories no longer appear file: includes/register-dynamic-styles.php - fixed a bug that keep empty url() styles displaying folder: lang: added danish translation (big thx to Ronni S. !!) folder: js small modifications to various files folder config-bbpress: improved compatibility with the latest version of bbpress - fixed a problem with slideshows appearing where they shouldnt - added styling for the new user page template folder framework: several bugfixes and improvments -since feedburners feedcount is no longer available the feature was removed from the widget -updated the google maps widget to better work with https requests2012 30 09 – Version 1.6.0
Files that changed: file: Style.css - updated version number folder: framework: Updated to the latest framework version - improved security by filtering search parameters - improved contact form to work better with cyrillic languages - import dummy data now has a security prompt if you really want to overwrite your current settings folder: config-wpml: further improved compatibility with the WPML Plugin folder: js/ several iOS related fixes folder: images/icons/ added skype logo file: functions-choices.php: small improvements to the image greyscaling function as well as to other minor functions file: 404.php : fixed a layout bug on the "Error 404" Template file file: css/dynamic-css.php: added filter hook for better plugin integration file: includes/helper-post-format.php: blog entry headings now use a h2 tag as heading file: css/layout.css: minor modifications like skype social icon, improved webkit rendering, like button improvement file: css/grid.css: minor modifications to improve rendering of dynamic templates file: css/shortcodes.css: fixed an issue with sidebar tabs shortcode file: includes/admin/register-admin-options.php: additional soical icons, admin panel layout fix file: includes/admin/register-admin-dynamic-options.php: small improvement to the column element file: includes/helper-template-dynamic.php small improvement to the column element, it can now display the current entry file: template-dynamic.php fixed several layout issues file: includes/contact-form.php fixed a typo, added 2 filter so you can change the form elements and values programmatically2012 08 08 – Version 1.5.0
Files that changed: file: Style.css - updated version number folder: framework: Updated to the latest framework version - fixed the google maps widget to allow for multiple maps on the same page file: layout.css: fixed a color glitch for the date container, fixed a chrome 20 rendering glitch, added error/valid colors to the contact form once submitted, improved the feedback button, improved mobile styles of comment forms file: functions-choices.php: improved the image uploader function, fixed a problem with portfolio titles disappearing after a slideshow image was set file: header.php: added wrapper around the feedback button to set position properly file: js/avia.js: fixed a glitch that broke the ajax portfolio when double clicking portfolio items, tabs and toggles now support iframe videos w/o problems file: includes/register-admin-options.php : fixed a conversion error to make the theme compatible with php 5.4.4 file: functions-choices.php: small improvements to the ajax portfolio file: functions-slideshow.php: small improvements to the slideshow handling file: template-blog.php: fixed an issue with duplicate blog posts2012 07 18 – Version 1.4.0
FIles that changed: Style.css - updated version number folder: config-bbrepss: updated to work withbbpress version 2.1 which has a totaly different html output nowVersion 1.3.0: 2012 07 10
folder: framework: Updated to the latest framework version - fixed various small glitches and css styles for the backend. (nicer input fields, fixed a table shortcode bug) file: functions-choices.php: added wp 3.4 compatibility fixes file: js/avia.js - ajax portfolio fixes for ipad and videos file: css/layout.css: small improvements file: css/base.css: chrome and safari improvements file: css/dynamic-css.php: small additions file: js/aviapoly2.js: fixed a glitch with webkit browsers and flickering slideshows file: includes/admin/register-admin-metabox.php : fixed a bug with the aviapolybug not behaving as intended file: includes/loop-page.php: added better post password protection file: template-dynamic.php: now allows to use the blog sidebar for blog entries file: inlcudes/helper-post-format.php: improved link detection for post format linkVersion 1.2
Improvements made to dynamic elements fixed a bug with youtube and vimeo social icons fixed a bug with background image uploaderVersion 1.1
several IE CSS Bugfixes and some css improvements overall main menu bugfix improved greyscale copy creation greyscaling for portfolio now removable via backend