Compassion is a Premium WordPress theme with Tumblog functionality. It has a crisp, positive design with rounded corners and lots of goodies for you and your readers to discover.
Default style is based on contrasts of wood and jeans with bright, positive colors of a buddhist monk’s robe (purple and orange) – this is where the name of the theme comes from
Get for example this: you can add a Google Map with a marker to your post when you want to show people where you are or where is this great place you have recently visited! And all you need to do is write for example “Sydney Harbour Bridge” and voila!
Compassion Theme Features
- Tumblr-like theme
- Mobile responsive
- HTML5 -ready and still works in every browser, even in the infamous IE7 !
- It’s crisp and clean
- Two layouts: Sidebar/Content, Content/Sidebar
- Supports all post formats: standard, aside, audio, chat, gallery, image, link, quote, status, video
- Uses Nivo Slider for gallery post format
- Uses jQuery Player for audio post format
- Allows you to mark your location and display Google Map in your posts
- Supports post image thumbnails
- Supports widgets
- Supports custom header and background images
- Comes with 5 header images
- Uses contrasts of black and white with the addition of buddhist monk purple and yellow which creates overalll positive and energetic look
- Allows you to change colors by simply using a color picker
- Author bio area in the sidebar
- Uses beautiful Google Fonts instead of Cufón
- Rounded avatars
- Back to top button appears when user scrolls near the top
- Simple options in the admin menu
- Theme Hooks to change parts of the theme without editing the files
- Simple documentation
- Translation ready (Polish pl_PL translation included!)
Compassion supports all post formats currently available in WordPress. Each post format has it’s own style so the content is clearly visible without distracting elements.
So, you don’t have to write the good old, long text posts, but instead only post an image, a short quote, a link or a podcast. And your readers will appreciate it and thenk you for not giving them another long, in fact TL;DR post
HTML5 and CSS3
HTML5 and CSS3 are great new innovations that make websites look totally awesome and give developers new cool tools to play with.
And if you are worried about the support for HTML5 and CSS3 in older browsers – you don’t have to with Compassion. It works good even in IE7 (although it looses some of the appeal, it still stays in one place, but there’s no real good answer to that).
You prefer sidebar on the left or on the right? Which one you want – Compassion has it!
What it doesn’t have
Categories – because in Tumblr you have the much more powerful tags. Not to mention the post formats!
Customize Without Touching the Files
Yes, you can! Change the main colors with color pickers (those fancy colorful wheels) or by providing # color codes. Add custom CSS if you want.
You can edit parts of the theme (like header and footer) from the admin panel of your blog.
And if you are using things like Google Analytics, there’s a field for that, so you don’t need to touch the template code at all
Widgets and Shortcodes
Compassion supports any and all widgets you like!
It comes with an author profile area in the sidebar and allows you to display some basic info about you and your blog. Even more, it takes your photo automagically from Gravatar so be sure to setup your own avatar image there (for fun and profit)!
Shortcodes come packaged with Compassion: a [box], a [download] button and two [columns] to style your posts.
Want to Translate?
Compassion is ready for translation! It uses the standard WordPress .po files, so you will find lots of info on how to do it.
Furthermore, there’s a Polish pl_PL translation included with the theme! Zadowoleni?
Almost everything you need is described in the documentation that comes with all the files.
I want to be as helpful as possible so if you have any problems with the theme – just mail me (you can use the contact form on ThemeForest or the email provided in the documentation). I will try to get to you in 1 to 3 days, so please be patient, as I’m sometimes in places without good internet access.
In case you need personal customization, I’m available for freelance jobs.
You get access to all future updates to Compassion Theme – free for life!