An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, CuckooThemes, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from CuckooThemes:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customization and installation services.
- Support for third party software and plugins.
- Fixing Issues caused by third party plugins.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find your “Item Purchase Code”
Item Purchase Code can be found in your ThemeForest account Downloads page. Locate the theme you have purchased in your Downloads list and click on the Download button. This will open a drop-down menu listing an option to download the item or the License Certificate and Purchase Code. After you have downloaded the certificate you can open it in a text editor such as Notepad and copy the Item Purchase Code.
1. Go to My Account;
2. Click on Downloads Tab;
3. Click on Download Button and download License Certificate & Purchase Code file.
Inside that file you’ll find Purchase Code.
When I click on my menu items, site jumps to the linked homepage unit, but not scrolls down smoothly as on the demo site. How to fix that?
You need to add an url to your menu (Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus) as shown in theme documentation examples on Homepage Builder on pages 18-26.
Use Unit Slug when creating menu items URL
Editable Unit Slug will be generated automatically. Use it to create URL to link to this unit. Remember to add # before slug.
1. Let’s say that your homepage unit name is “Company” and the unit slug is “Company”, the link to this unit should be http://www.yourdomain.com/#company
2. Let’s say that your homepage unit name is “Awesome Company” and the unit slug is “our-company”, the link to this unit should be http://www.yourdomain.com/#our-company
3. If your unit name consists from more than one word, let’s say, “Our Company” and the unit slug is “awesome-company”, the link to this unit should be http://www.yourdomain.com/#awesome-company
I added three columns shortcode but the last column keeps showing up below the first. What I’m doing wrong?
To add a columns you should use column shortcodes. All available column shortcodes are listed in documentation file on page 78.
Important! When adding columns do not leave empty spaces between the blocks of column codes and remember to add last column parameter last=”true” to the last column in line.
Click here to see examples of columns created using shortcodes.
How to add a new social media icon?
There are two options:
1. You can replace an existing icon (for example RSS icon) with the new one by editing four icon image files:
Two standard size image files: cuckootap/images/
For example rss.png and rss-small.png
Two high resolution image files: cuckootap/images/retina
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Also remember to edit: cuckootap/style.css file on line 139 ir 225 (for RSS icon) and change background box color code for your icon.
2. If you have advanced coding skills, you can add a new icon by editing cuckootap/style.css file.
Read what our customers say about CuckooThemes:
I have no idea why this template haven’t 3000 sales. This template is awesome – so many options and so elastic! AWESOME!!!
- Designninja on CuckooTap
I must say, this theme is amazing! Not only that, but your documentation is second to none!
- sirchunk on CuckooTap
I would like to thank CuckooThemes and their support team for a very good theme and kindly support. I asked them questions and helps before I bought the theme, and they kept and delivered their promises.
The theme documentation is very detailed step by step, easy to follow for a newbie like me.
If you are looking for a basic Parallax One Page WordPress theme, this is the one!
Thank you CuckooThemes!
- Sam Sammerson on CuckooTap
Just wanted to say awesome work on the updates! Really excellent support and continued development.
- James, theoriginaldude on CuckooTap
I must say I am very impressed with the speed of your response. You guys should make more themes, great looks and performance with customer service to back it up.
- Jake Steinman on CuckooTap
Wow, what an excellent theme. I was able to create a stunning site for my client in no time. Thanks again for your super work!
- mrspark on CuckooTap
I couldn’t be more pleased by this theme and the regular updates. And that’s without mentioning the pristine customer support, they go above and beyond what I could of ever hoped.
- Marc, SquareCube on CuckooTap
Brilliant theme – brilliant. Easy to use, very well documented. All you could want. Thanks very much.
- lizzylizzylizzy on CuckooTap
From a custom theme builder to a WordPress Keisuke Miyagi, thank you. The framework you have built allows Parallax to be seamlessly integrated into a WP site without forcing developers into a one-page crutch that kills SEO.
My favorite thing about parallax is its ability to tell a story – like the famous Hobo Lobo sketch that started all this madness off (http://hobolobo.net/) back in January of 2011. A client and dear friend of mine just lost a nephew and I was planning to hand-code a Parallax scroller to tell his life’s story. You wonderfully glorious people have just saved me a score of hours and solved the user-level administration problem with $40, which is like a half an hour of my time. I freaking love you guys right now.
Also, I don’t use complete frameworks. I’m more of a Hybrid Core + Zurb/Bootstrap type developer. I am an obnoxiously picky bastard that does nothing but complain about clients who bring me commercial templates and ask me to tweak them.
This, however… oh my dear new friends. This goes in my bag of tricks. Well done.
- isarmstrong on CuckooTap
We have installed a great template on our website. We do Web Design and SEO and this template is just perfect for our purposes.
- elfmedia on CuckooTap
Beautiful comments design within the blog – great attention to detail. Bravo! Keep the themes coming!
- TroyJason on CuckooTap
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.