An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by WPExplorer
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get theme support?
Please open a ticket at our support site and we’ll get back to you asap – http://www.wpthemehelp.com
How can I select specific a category for my portfolio page template?
You can use the custom field with the name “wpex_portfolio_page_category” and then enter the ID of the portfolio category for the value field.
If you want the filter of specific categoryes, you can create a parent category and use the ID of that one so the child categories will show up as the filterable buttons.
There was a bug in WP 3.4 if your custom fields aren’t working, download the custom fields fix plugin.
How do I first setup my homepage?
- Create a new page
- Select the “Homepage” template
- Browse to Settings -> Reading
- For “Front page displays” select “A Static Page”
- Choose the page created earlier
- Posts page:” can be left blank (best) because you can create your blog page using the “Blog” template.
- Go to Appearance -> Theme Options -> Home tab to edit your homepage options.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.