An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, WPExplorer, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through this item’s comments.
Additional information from WPExplorer:
Support is provided 100% for free with the purchase of the product. When you purchase a product you are paying for the product itself and not the support. We offer free support to help with any issues or concerns you may have when using our products.Who can receive support
- People asking pre-purchase questions
- Users that have the PURCHASED tag next to their user name
- Responding to pre-purchase inquiries
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new WordPress versions
- Customization, web design and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
- Making edits to the theme to suit your needs (suggestions are welcomed though)
- Simply leave a comment (you must be signed into ThemeForest) on the product that you need help with.
- If you have an issue where you need to share a URL or logins please contact us via the form on our Profile page so that we can assist you accordingly.
- Before asking questions, read the help fie (it’s in the “Main Files” ZIP) and FAQ below.
- Please remember you have purchased a “theme” and not access to an ever ending freelancer/web developer.
- Keep things professional and be nice!
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get theme support?
Please open a ticket at our support site and we’ll get back to you asap – http://www.wpthemehelp.com
How can I select specific a category for my portfolio page template?
You can use the custom field with the name “wpex_portfolio_page_category” and then enter the ID of the portfolio category for the value field.
If you want the filter of specific categoryes, you can create a parent category and use the ID of that one so the child categories will show up as the filterable buttons.
There was a bug in WP 3.4 if your custom fields aren’t working, download the custom fields fix plugin.
How do I first setup my homepage?
- Create a new page
- Select the “Homepage” template
- Browse to Settings -> Reading
- For “Front page displays” select “A Static Page”
- Choose the page created earlier
- Posts page:” can be left blank (best) because you can create your blog page using the “Blog” template.
- Go to Appearance -> Theme Options -> Home tab to edit your homepage options.
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.