An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by jonathan01
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
What version of WordPress does this theme support?
We test all our themes with each and every new version of WordPress so that you can be assured it will always work.
How do I get support for the theme?
Gaining support is simple. We don’t request that you sign-up on a different site asking for purchase codes, we simply conduct all of our support via email directly with you. We have found this to be by far the easiest and most direct way of offering support.
Here’s what to do
1. Make sure you are logged in to ThemeForest with the account that purchased the item.
2. Follow this link to our contact form on our profile page – right hand side under ‘Email jonathan01’.
3. Complete your request by supplying details about your issue, including the following information:A Link to your site so we can see the issue.
If it’s an issue that would be best tackled by us having your WordPress admin details please send your login username and password.
A FULL and CLEAR description of what the issue is along with details on what you have done to get to your current site status.
4. We will send a reply once we have had the chance to view your site and looked at your issue – it may be that we need further information from you, or that we just need to offer advise. Either way we will work to help you get your theme up and running the best we can.
Things to remember when requesting support
Support is not a requirement of ThemeForest, however, we fully support our products and want to ensure that all of our buyers can use the theme they have purchased. I mention this because we cannot help in instances where extra plugins that you may of installed are causing issues – that should be directed towards the plugin creator. Sometimes the issue will be with your hosting setup, again this is something we cannot assist with.
Support is limited to the installation and functionality of the advertised features of the theme only.
I need to change some colors / functionalities of the theme
Customizations are the responsibility of the buyer and not the author I’m afraid. We are, at times, available for hire, and if not, we can place you in contact with customization experts for pricing and availability.
Most customizations are quite simple and with only a limited amount of HTML / PHP and CSS experience most changes are within your reach. We always recommend that you backup each and all files you are looking to customize first, and our tool of choice is firefox browser with the addition of the firebug plugin – both are available for free and will enable you to select elements on the page and see the relevant CSS styles that make them up, adjust live in the browser and then commit those alterations either to the custom css panel we provide in the theme or by editing the style.css file directly.
Please note that we cannot assist with support on themes that have been altered and customized as we are not responsible for alterations in any way. We would recommend always that you revert back to the original files supplied which were fully tested by ourselves and the review team here at ThemeForest.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.