An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, dan_fisher, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from dan_fisher:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- WordPress general support/howto’s (please, use wordpress.org forums for that)
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Frequently Asked Questions
How to add additional field in Contact form?
If you need to add additional field (phone field for example) to your Contact form you need to make next steps:
Open contacts.html and find form markup (line 213) then add markup for additional input after some existing field.
<div class="field"> <label for="email">Email:</label> <input type="email" name="email" id="email"> </div>
- Then you need to open sendMail.php and define new variable called $phone after existing variables (line 7)
$phone = $_POST['phone'];
Then replace this code on line 34
$mail->Body = $comments;to this one
$mail->Body = "Phone ".$phone."\r\n"; $mail->Body .= $comments."\r\n";
As you can see you just concatenate new field (Phone) with existing Comments.
And the last thing you need to open js/jquery.form.js and define variable by inserting code after 15 line
var phone = $('input#phone').val();
and add this variable in ajax result. You should see next code:
data: 'name=' + name + '&email=' + email + '&subject=' + subject + '&phone=' + phone + '&comments=' + comments,
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.