An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, THBThemes, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from THBThemes:
Support requests submitted via either comments on the item’s page on ThemeForest, or via email, will all be redirected to the forum. Support is intended to be for bugs issues only, and we do not offer guidance for theme modifications, WordPress or plugin related stuff.Our support services do not cover the following areas:
- theme graphic modifications or involving adding new features not present in the theme
- customization of theme features to match specific individual requirements
Concerning problems related to specific plugins, we’ll offer compatibility support as long as the issue is theme-related only (we can’t fix incompatibilities between plugins).
How to ask for support
- Please specify the version of the product (eg. 1.3.2)
- If possible, please specify if you’re hosted on a Linux server or on a Windows server. This is not strictly required, but in some circumstances this makes the difference.
- Provide a list of plugins you’ve used in your installation. If a plugin is somehow conflicting with the product, we’ll then be able to identify it and possibly fix the compatibility issue.
- If it’s a rendering issue, please tell us what’s your browser of choice, comprehensive of its version (e.g. Google Chrome 14, Safari 5.1, Firefox 7 etc.)
- If you see an error message, copy the entire error message and paste it in your text. Most of the times, this will be more than sufficient for us to identify the problem.
In order to maximize your chances of getting your issue sorted out, remember that we reply to support questions during working weekdays (monday through friday), within working hours (8am – 5pm GMT). We’ll answer all the questions, with our own times explained above.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I create a menu?
Where do I control these menus?
How do I put something on these menus?
- Create the page, of course, and publish it.
- If you haven’t created any custom menu, the page should show up in the two menu areas at the top and the bottom of the theme. This represents the factory setup.
- If you’re willing to have control over the primary menu (the top black horizontal bar) and the secondary menu (at the bottom of the page), just create two menus named exactly “Primary” and “Secondary”, respectively.
To achieve this, simply go in the “Menus” section, under the “Appearance” tab of your WordPress administration interface. You’ll be presented with a screen with an input text field named “Menu name” and a submit button that says “Create menu”.
Once your menus are created, simply drag the pages from the left sidebar (pages are listed in the “Pages” box) to the right, into your menu area. Please notice that you can switch which menu you’re editing by selecting the appropriate tab on top of the screen, and please also notice that you can rearrange the order of your menu, by simply dragging elements up and down.
To get more details about this, we heartily recommend to make reference to this page from the WordPress official docs, which we think could be of help to you: http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen.
How can I put a link on shortcode button?
You can also use link=”” property for add a url to your button, “http://” will be automatically added.
[button-small color=”Red” link=”www.google.com”]button text[/button-small]
Thumbnails don’t show up, how can I fix that?
Thumbnails are generated by the TimThumb script (http://code.google.com/p/timthumb/), usually there are two main reasons for the thumbnails not to show up in a page:
- The cache folder under / temedir /framework/lib must be writable and given 755 permissions. - If after chmodding the folder, thumbnails still don’t show up, then your problem might be path-related. Please look at the following solution: http://itworx.no/forum/topic/how-do-i-change-the-tim-thumb-image-path
Installing the theme
if you are new to WordPress and have problems with theme you might want to check out this link: http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes
How can I install dummy content?
To use this feature go through Tools -> Import and click on “WordPress”.
Now you can choose the file included in the main zip file under the folder “dummy content” called “Eruption dummy content.xml” and click “Upload file and Import”. It doesn’t contain sidebar widgets and footer widgets. After importing sample content you still have to configure the theme and create some things like footer and sidebars manually.
More info on http://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content
How can I localize Eruption?
To localize your WordPress installation to allow the translation of your content you must use one of the localization plugins available (eg. WPML, ZdMultiLang, etc.).
To translate the theme’s strings in another language, we suggest that you follow the instructions in this page: http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress.
Eruption’s strings are translation-ready as they’re wrapped with the gettext syntax “__(your string)” that allows translation.
How can I change the primary colors of the theme?
In the template directory there’s a folder named “css”. This folder contains the two CSS files that are responsible for the two skins of the theme, red and black (red.css and black.css respectively).
In these files, you’ll notice that all the CSS selectors are alredy grouped with only the color value assigned to them, so that you can quickly change the color of your theme with no trouble.
How can I insert slides into the slideshow
In order for the slideshow to work, you need to create just one entry under the slideshow post type panel, with multiple images attached to it.
To attach an image to a post, make sure that the attachments panel is visible in your custom post type entry interface, press the “Attach” button and follow the instructions.
To make the slideshow to show up in the homepage, you also need to enable it by checking the “Show homepage slideshow” option checkbox, under the “Slideshow” section of the Eruption administration panel.here is a screencast for this feature http://www.screenr.com/9nds
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.