An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Slider thumbnails are not displayed on the Home page.
Especial theme uses timthumb plugin which generate thumbnails. Set permission 777 to /libraries/cache/ folder.
I do not want to use automatic excepts. I want to do it manually.
To do this you need to edit some php files (home.php, blog.php, portfolio1col.php, search.php, archive.php). Open it and replace line: <?php the_excerpt2($post, $excerpt_length);?> to: <?php the_excerpt(); ?>
Is it possible to change color schemes?
To edit a current color scheme you need to edit the css (especial/css/gray_pink.css) and images (especial/css/gray_pink/)
OptionTree plugin – Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING…
If you see an error like this after activating the OptionTree plugin, it means you’re running PHP4. This plugin requires PHP5 to work properly. You’ll need to contact your hosting provider to have them upgrade your server to PHP5 (doing this shouldn’t cost anything).
Wrong File Type Error Message When Importing OptionTree Options
First make sure you have a folder called “uploads” in the “wp-content” directory and set the permission to 777.
If it does not help do the following:
1. Create a new directory in the root of Especial theme directory and name it ‘option-tree’. 2. Rename theme-options-data-copy-paste.txt to theme-options.txt 3. Move theme-options.txt and theme-options.xml to option-tree folder.
Turn off comments for a specific post/page
Solving Broken Theme/Stylesheet Missing Issues
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme.
This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly.
Luckily, there is a very easy fix. Please follow the steps below to rectify this issue or watch the screencast here: http://tinyurl.com/75qmrxa
1.Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
2. Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
3. Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
4. Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
5. Upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder.
6. Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.