A WordPress Theme for Sports Clubs
Evergreen Sports is a WordPress theme for sports clubs and societies. The main team, players and fixtures functionality is provided via a free plugin made by the theme developer called Simnor Sports Club Manager.
The theme is designed and developed by Simon North and has been created to help support the projects that EvergreenPA (a not-for-profit company) operates, these include helping support football clubs, choirs and other community projects that help to keep young people on the path to success and away from gangs and bad influences.
Full Feature List
- Clean and fast loading design
- Theme Options to change the logo, site title, header social links, home slider, home announcement, fonts, colours, custom css, which sections of the site to show the sidebar and footer text.
- 5 custom widgets which include: latest news, top scorers, players, next fixture and gallery.
- Gallery custom post type which uses the default WordPress gallery manager to easily update and manage your gallery images.
- Simple homepage slider (not a fancy over-the-top slow-loading slider, just a simple fading in and out slider), click the screenshots button at the top to see the options available.
- Shortcode support through the free Simnor Shortcodes plugin.
- Non-bloated code, everything nicely organised ready for developers.
Support is provided via the comments section or via the contact form on our profile page. Documentation can be viewed online here
Note about Demo Images
Images in the demo are licensed for use only in the demo and therefore are not available in the download.
@fontface fonts are provided via Google Web Fonts
Font Awesome icon font: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/
Zocial icon set through the fontello icon font generator: http://fontello.com/
Images are from http://photodune.net, http://pixabay.com/ or produced by me
Changelog= 1.4 =
- single-fixture.php added ability to show text based version of date (requires plugin update)
- header.php added ability to show text based version of date on next fixture (requires plugin update)
- includes/theme-widgets.php added ability to show text based version of date on upcoming fixtures widget (requires plugin update)
- responsive.css fixed css issues on the single fixture score entry, now you can add longer scores for sports like cricket
- js/script.js fixed issue when adding multiple upcoming fixtures widgets
- archive.php, index.php, single.php fixed icon issue
- archive.php, index.php fixed issue with not showing continue reading link in some places
- includes/theme-shortcodes.php fixed issue with galleries not showing if the thumbnail is set
- includes/theme-widgets.php fixed upcoming widgets only displaying 1 fixture
- js/script.js fix fixture bar going onto two lines issue, fixed problem stopping multiple player widgets showing on one page
- header.php fixed next fixture to show by time as well as date, added option to change next fixture text in theme options
- includes/admin/theme-options.php added option to change next fixture text in theme options
- single-fixture.php fixed ordering of fixtures
- includes/theme-widgets.php Fixed upcoming fixtures widget
- sidebar.php, header.php, archive.php, index.php, page.php, search.php, single-fixture.php, single-player.php, single-sn_gallery.php Fixed sidebar issues
- includes/theme-functions.php, single-fixture.php Add ability to change dates via plugin
- includes/theme-widgets.php Bring in date format from plugin
- includes/theme-widgets.php Fixed icon issues
- style.css General CSS fixes
- First release.