An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m getting a missing style sheet error when I try to install the theme
Whenever you see that missing style sheet message it means you’re attempting to install the wrong file and WordPress doesn’t recognize it as a theme file.
You were supposed to unzip the initial zip file you downloaded after purchase onto your hard drive and then inside you would find another zip file called “extended” which is the actual theme. Please refer to the “Read Me First” for installation instructions.
If you end up doing the FTP method to install the theme then make sure the directory path to the theme files look like this:
How to display the menu in the header
- Go to Appearance > Menus from the main WordPress menu.
- Create a new menu and add the necessary items you want.
- Set the primary Theme Location to this menu.
- Your done. Your menu should appear on the site.
When I click save I’ve got an error message asking for the Page Settings excerpt
- This mean that you are in the “Page Settings” mode and you need to add a excerpt (page description).
- You will find the excerpt on the left bar, scroll down to the “Page Settings” section where the “Excerpt” textarea should be red.
- Add any description you want. It is used for the search result or the archive page.
- To save the changes, click on the save button in the admin menu.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.