An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by fireform
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a problem with shortcodes. There are different errors in the backend (for example – failed to open stream: No such file or directory in …) What I do wrong?
Make sure that you uploaded only “felis” folder using FTP client from the main archive you downloaded after purchase. Do not upload entire archive with docs, screenshots, etc on your FTP . The correct path for the theme:
and not something like this:
I cannot install an archive with the theme in Wordpress using WP upload function. I get this error: The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet …
What I do wrong?
Use *.zip file from “Zipped” folder which locates in the main archive you downloaded.
How can I modify logo’s height?
You might need to find .logo in the css/style.css and change logo position, height, etc.
As well sometimes it becomes necessary to make height larger for the header if the logo is too large. Then you need to find .logo-menu class and change height value.
Since I am building an german language website, how can I change “Our latest works” words, “back to all works” words, “our location” words, etc.?
You need to do following steps:
- Rename felis.pot to pt_De.po. You can get your country code here;
- Open pt_De.po by POEDIT;
- Make translation and save (pt_De.mo will appear in the same directory);
- Open wp-config.php in the Wordpress folder (not in the theme’s folder) and find define(‘WPLANG’, ’’); Add you pt_De file name between the empty quotes. So it looks: define(‘WPLANG’, ‘pt_De’); Save.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.