Finesse is a responsive business and portfolio template carefully handcrafted using HTML5 and CSS3. It features a clean design, as well as extended functionality that will come in very handy. It includes plenty of style options that will allow for a very easy and flexible customization.
It comes in two versions: HTML template version and PHP template version where the user can customize the header, navigation menu and footer in a single place.
- Responsive design
- Clean, well-commented HTML5 and CSS3 code
- Touch enabled (swipe gestures)
- Working PHP contact form
- Working PHP search
- Working PHP newsletter integrated with MailChimp
- Administration page
- Wide and boxed layouts
- 8 predefined color skins
- Easy customization of the color scheme – the color styles are placed in a separate stylesheet
- Lots of background patterns
- Includes PHP template version which allows the user to customize the header, navigation menu and footer in a single place
- jQuery homepage slider
- jQuery entry carousel
- Filterable portfolio
- 8 post formats
- Self-hosted HTML5 video and audio support
- Working Twitter and Flickr widgets
- Google maps support
- jQuery language switcher
- jQuery multi-level drop-downs
- Google web fonts
- Layered PSDs for customization
- Cross-browser compatible
- Customer support
Not only do I recommend you purchase this theme, I would go as far as saying that it is the best theme I have purchased on theme forest to date! 5 Stars and I can’t wait to see more from this developer in the future.
Thanks ixtendo! So far this thing is SUPER easy to edit, really nicely CLEANLY coded which makes a big difference. I made a completely custom color scheme using the ‘Find and Replace’ tool in Dreamweaver in a matter of about 30 seconds; and the code is so nicely done I was able to figure out how to create my own “Mega menu” with that sort of dropdown on just one of my main tabs I needed it for, and even that only took me a few minutes. It hasn’t even been 24 hours yet since I’ve purchased & bought the template but I’ve accomplished alot… really workable code, will buy from you again!
Hey guys. Was walking a regular client of mine through some designs on theme forest tonight, and I showed him this one. We had already looked at two other designs, and there were eight in the bookmark collection I put together for him. He told me, “Sam, stop right there. This is the one I want on my site.” So I got it for him.
Thought I would chime in and let you know. It’s really a beautiful piece.
this theme was exactly what I’ve been looking for. I’m using it for the soon-to-come relaunch of my small business website. This design is so clear and crisp, and it is amazing to see how seamlessly it integrates with current smartphone displays without any extra work. Also the Ajax mail form is very nice, for me it worked almost out-of-the-box.
Keep up the good work, and wish you many purchases, of course!
All the best from Berlin, Germany
Versions and Updates
To apply the updates, check out the update folders that come with the downloaded archive.
v2.6 – 12.11.2013
- Removed BOM from files
- Replaced the rel attributes with data HTML5 attribute (for W3C validation)
- Removed the webkitAllowFullScreen, mozallowfullscreen and frameborder=”0” attributes from iframes (for W3C validation)
- New feature: added ReCaptcha for the contact form.
- New feature: added the possibility of setting the relative time for the Twitter Widget through the HTML5 data attributes (useful in case of website translation).
- Bug fix for the Twitter Feeds widget: when the tweets were very big, the answer sent by Twitter was read partially.
- Updated the documentation.
- Replaced the MailChimp PHP library with its latest version which is using the new API 2.x. The MailChimp API 1.x was deprecated.
- Added HTML5 customization attributes for the following elements: tabs, toggles and accordion.
- Fixed the indexing mechanism for the languages that contain special characters.
- Twitter widget update
Note: For a quick update of your template, in the download package, we included a patch called twitter-patch.v2.2.7 – 2.05.2013
- Integrated newsletter with MailChimp
- Fixed print preview layout overflow issue
Fixed IE10 browser version reporting issue
To apply this update, in the <head> section of the pages, add the following line of code :
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8, IE=9, IE=10">
Fixed an issue in FlexSlider (which occurred on mobile devices only when the slides were wrapped in links)
To apply this update, overwrite two files: flexslider.css (located in the css folder) and flexslider.js (located in the js folder)
- updated ‘style.css’
- updated ‘jquery.jcarousel.min.js’
- added the possibility of inserting image icons (with the <img> tag) for the iconboxes
- fixed version reporting in IE
- small modification in style.css (changed the value of a z-index)
- updated some jQuery UI CSS class names
- updated the custom.js file
- added PHP template version
- fixed drop-down menu issue on Internet Explorer 10
- created a boxed layout
- improved usability on mobile (IOS 6)
- fixed ddlevelsmenu drop-down behavior on iPad
- fixed appearance of the info box on iPhone
v1.0 – Initial release
The photos used in this template are made available for commercial use under the Creative Commons license.