I noticed in the mobile version there’s no button to upload photos on a new post – only the desktop site seems to have that feature. Is that something that would be easy to enable?
Thanks for your interest in our product.
However, the theme hasn’t supported upload photo on a new post in Mobile version. You can just upload the text.
i really like your forum theme. Good job.
I have a question.
Can i set some questions to be visible just for some users?
Currently, the Theme hasn’t had this feature yet. If you want to customize your theme and add this feature, you can contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have a site that currently uses BBPress, and we want to switch over to Forum Engine. What will I need to do to get all of current BBPress forums, threads and replies to work with Forum Engine?
Thanks for choosing our product.
Could you mind heading to our forum here http://forum.enginethemes.com/ and submit the ticket. Our supporter there will help you proceed this task with the most specific instruction.
Your Themes so have many problem, Have you update for the last version?
Regarding the bugs happened while customers using the theme, we’ll fix them as soon as we find.
As you can see, we frequently update it with bug fixes. Therefore, if you have any problem, please feel free to submit a ticket in our forum, we’ll try our best to help.
Hi ! I have some questions about this theme :
=> Does it’s possible to create a static page who show in the menu ?
=> I see there is a calandar, does it’s possible to create an event ?
=> For each categories :
- does it’s possible to create a post format with multi textfield who we must insert data like width, heigth, ect. for this categorie ? If it’s not possible, can we show text exemple in the post ?
- does it’s possible the categorie is only event, only for video, only for showing product (not for selling) ?
thank you forward for your answers !
Here are your answers:
1. About the static page, you can set a static front page for the site following: visit your admin panel > choose Settings > Reading > Front page display.
2. The theme hasn’t supported to create events yet.
3. About the “post format”, maybe you can create a thread and stick it above so that users can read.
4. You can create the categories based on your preference in the admin panel. Choose Engine settings > Settings > Content.
You can check out the features by visiting our demo site here:
- Username: admindemo
- Pass: admindemo
I have added few widgets in homepage sidebar and threads side bar but they are not appearing ? check my site: http://www.theloverspoint.com/
Here you can see how i have added the widgets as proof but they are not showing on the site: http://joxi.ru/L21pQ0xux7OEmX
Regarding this issue, would you mind heading to our forum and submit a ticket? We need further information to visit and check up the site.
We know that it’ll be a little bit inconvenience but our technical support staffs work mainly on forum. Moreover, the ticket system also keep your private information safe.
Please don’t forget to insert the purchase code to update your account to “customers”.
Hope that you can understand our situation and thanks for your patience.
really? Okay I did it few days ago but none of your active staff have time to check it http://forum.enginethemes.com/thread/authentication-after-social-login-sitebar-on-home-pages-and-threadsposts-not-showing/
Please accept our apology for the late response.
We’ve just move to another office so things is delayed a little bit.
I’ll remind our staff to answer your ticket right away.
Can I force member to set a picture on their profile?
Where can I see the dashboard, do you have a live demo?
You can visit the demo site admin panel following this link:
However, you can force users to upload their profile picture.
Am having difficulty on the static page. I want the threads to be the face of the forum but not seeing anything unless I set the static page to ‘Following Thread’. I want it to be on ‘Thread Index’.
Also, don’t forget to update your account to “customer” by insert the “purchase code”.
Hi there, we have been following your theme for some time and think it’s really great. We will be purchasing this theme very soon, if not, still today.
We have some pre-sale questions, if you could please help:
1. Is it possible for guest postings with an email verification to confirm their post?
2. Is it possible to have a plain text editor with link and image fields under that? (Or alternatively, a plain text editor with just a link and image icon) Want to make it as simple as possible for those posting.
Scenario of point 2:
The guest/user clicks the form where they start typing and selecting category. The editor / description form is only plain text with no formatting at all. Under the description form will be a link field for links and another field to browse for images.
Is this possible, if not, would you consider this in an update?
3. Is it possible for the user to create/update their profile (editing of image/avatar, personal bio etc) immediately upon user registration? Almost force them to update the profile..
4. Are the update notifications live on the frontend?
5. Does theme customization have the ability to add custom CSS?
6. The updates feature show blogging (existing) – does this mean the theme is just blog ready with existing blogs/themes or does ForumEngine have a styled blog itself? Please could we have a link to demo on what the blog looks like.
Great work! We’re extremely excited to start working with this theme for our new project.
Thanks for your interested in our product.
1. Guests can post comments or discussions with email verification if you combine 3rd party plugin or use our customization development. Please note that only administrator can create blog posts.
2. ForumEngine provide an editor with basic requirements such as bold, Italic, underline, bulleted list, link & code insert, photo upload…
3. The users can create and update or edit their profile after their registration. You can force them to update their own profile picture or use default gravatar.
4. The update notifications are automatically shown in your dashboard every version release.
5. Yes. you can customize your CSS in style.css to meet your own need.
6. Please visit here to see our ForumEngine with Blog page at https://www.enginethemes.com/blog/, and for demo please kindly go to http://enginethemes.com/demo/forumengine/.
Hope you will be our customer soon.
Thank you for this. It’s not quite the answers we’re looking for but we have bought the theme anyway.
The customization of CSS on this theme is very limited even when using a child theme. For instance a lot of your custom styles are in bootstrap.css and others… Which at the end of the day will make it harder to keep track of when updating the theme.
Nonetheless, it is still great theme and system. The only issues are:
1. Customization of CSS (be able to do in backend of wordpress like a custom css box in settings.
2. Setting configurations are very limited.
3. Mobile flaws and issues – not being able to post images or update the users profile correctly they are unable to upload a new avatar…
However, I am sure you will be improving these features as the theme grows. We will use the support ticketing system for support.
Thanks for your feedback.
We will take your advice for further consideration and development.
Have nice day.!
Also, even if I set page layout to have left column, but I dont see anything in the left hand column.
Please help thank you.
I solved second issue but I cant solve the 404 page on profile. it goes to http://domainname.com/index.php/member/username but shows 404
Thanks for your question. But Do you mind if you go to our forum at http://forum.enginethemes.com/, log in and insert your purchase code to upgrade yourself into customer badge? Then, you can create threads or tickets there for right technical support.
Thanks for your understanding.
Hey! I have a question. I wanna use this plugin on a private network. So, i want that every user can reply and like and love, without having to have a account. Is that possible? To give every user full rights?
Thanks for your interest in our product.
Could you please tell us what kind of our product you would like to have ?
Hi, like to substitute our actual bbpress forum by forum engine. One of my main issues is the post title format. I need it as textarea, what I also had to adjust in bbpress. Is it possible to adjust that in forum engine too or is there anything what will prevent such an adjustment?
Since we haven’t tried it, we can’t give you a certain answer.
However, if you can use it with bbpress, we think you can do it with ForumEngine too. It requires some coding work of course, you can post a thread in our forum and our technical support staffs will give you a detailed answer:
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Why buy with Envato
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.