Raise money and achieve your fundraising goals
Franklin is a WordPress theme created with purpose: to help you raise money and achieve your fundraising goals.
Over 600 people and organizations in a diverse range of industries and professions have already used Franklin. Here are a few ways in which our customers have used Franklin:
- Support children with special needs.
- Help kids discover their passion and learn business skills.
- Discover and cultivate the talents of emerging photographers.
- Support environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Create a free tool for reading and studying the Bible online.
Join these creative entrepreneurs and start raising money for your passion.
Powered by two free plugins
And unlike most other crowdfunding themes, Franklin doesn’t require a paid crowdfunding plugin.
It’s built on top of Easy Digital Downloads and Crowdfunding by Astoundify, two free, open-source plugins.
Together with Franklin, these two plugins give you the ability to raise money for an unlimited number of campaigns on your own website.
Note: Since the original creators of Crowdfunding by Astoundify are no longer supporting the plugin, we will support you with any issues you have related to the plugin. Read more about this on our blog.
New: Allow users to log in with Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus or other social networks
The latest version of Franklin gives you an easy way to add social login to your site, with the Social Login extension for Easy Digital Downloads. Just install the extension, set up the social networks you’d like to enable and Franklin handles the rest.
Note: Social Login is a paid extension; it is not included with the theme.
What our customers say
Just wanted to say that we had our event on Sunday and we raised $3,646.09 with the help of your incredible theme. You and your team are amazingly talented and I just wanted to thank you for all of your help!
I just finished my first crowdfunding campaign by raising over $1000 for a trip to India. I’m pumped!
Having tried the other crowdfunding themes, I would strongly recommend this theme to those looking at crowdfunding themes. It is by far the most professional looking theme, and well supported. A five star rating from me.
- Supports Easy Digital Downloads and Crowdfunding by Astoundify
- Create as many campaigns as you’d like
- 100% responsive design, built with a mobile-first approach
- Crisp retina graphics
- Unlimited colours
- 6 preset colour palettes
- 8 optional textures, and the ability to load your own
- 6 custom widgets: Campaign Author, Campaign Updates, Campaign Video, Campaign Pledge Levels, Campaign Backers, Sofa Posts
- Custom user profile template
- Embeddable widget for easy sharing of campaigns.
- Widgetized campaign page
- Full-featured blog, with support for every post format: video, gallery, image, audio, aside, status, chat, link, quote
- Allow anonymous backers
- Contact page template
- Supports Ninja Forms
- Demo content included
- Multilingual ready. WPML support and .mo/.po files included
Photos used in the demo site are not included.
Note: You need to purchase a license for WPML, Layer Slider and Social Login separately.
Changelog1.6 — November 25, 2014
- For full details, read http://164a.com/add-social-login-to-your-crowdfunding-site/
- NEW: Added support for Social Login (http://bit.ly/franklin-social-login
- Restyled login & registration modal with a tighter design that works across multiple screen sizes.
- Created Hide Meta plugin and removed this functionality from the theme itself. Use the plugin instead.
- Pledge & Support buttons now get their button text from the Add to Cart Text setting in Campaigns > Settings > Misc.
- Fixes bug that stopped auto-selection of pledge when pledging directly from a campaign widget.
- Improves caching of campaign data, with cache cleared automatically when campaigns are updated.
- Improves performance for the campaign widget.
- Adds omitted translation strings to the translation file.
- Fixes a fatal error encountered when viewing payment receipts.
- Documentation update.
- Improved drop-down navigation.
- Added HTML5 form validation to the registration form.
- Improved support for sub-categories on the campaign creation page.
- Fixed a bug encountered when Easy Digital Downloads is not installed.
- Multiple improvements to the CSS.
- Improved handling of stylesheet caching between versions.
- Fixed a CSS bug causing the menu button to be un-clickable on small devices when the site uses a large logo.
- Fixed a nasty timezone error message.
- Fixed several minor CSS bugs.
- Fixed a bug encountered under certain campaign configurations.
- Added caching to campaign countdown to help boost performance in high traffic websites.
- Fixed gallery CSS bug.
- Fixed incorrect countdown time.
- Improved handling of donation-only campaigns and other campaigns without rewards.
- Fixed a bug with the campaign countdown in Safari.
- Fixed broken links in campaign author widget.
- Fixed a couple of bugs experienced after saving and previewing campaigns.
- Updated demo content to reflect latest changes.
- Improved pledge widget for donation-only campaigns.
- Fixed a bug causing erroneous “Campaign was successfully completed on January 1st, 1970” message when WePay extension is activated.
1.5.2 —December 2, 2013
- Fixed bug in author campaigns query that caused all campaigns to be shown.
1.5.1—November 29, 2013
- Fixed issue with login/register modal on larger screens.
1.5—November 26, 2013
- NEW: Bonus homepage template with support for Layer Slider
- NEW: Campaign creator widget
- IMPROVED: User profile page is greatly improved and shows the number of campaigns a user has created or backed, as well as a list of their created campaigns and blog posts.
- Removed default lightbox mode. If you want to activate lightbox on an image in your post, add the `lightbox` class to the anchor element (i.e. …).
- Improved SSL support.
- Many other minor bug fixes and improvements.
1.4.5—October 11, 2013
- Pagination for homepage campaigns.
- Improved styling for WePay extension.
1.4.4—October 7, 2013
- Minor update for po/mo files.
1.4.3—October 4, 2013
- Improved styling of campaign preview.
- Fixed issue with editing saved campaigns.
- Fixed a bug in pledge widgets that made it possible to still pledge to a campaign after it’s finished.
- Fixed a bug in the terms field in the campaign creation page.
1.4.2—September 16, 2013
- Abstracted login/register modal to provide an easier way for child themes to override the default.
- Fixed a bug causing the incorrect page template to be used when campaign page settings have not been set.
- Fixed bugs in campaign creation process.
1.4.1—August 30, 2013
- Updated to be compatible with latest version of Appthemer Crowdfunding. Upgrading Appthemer Crowdfundin is not absolutely necessary as the theme still supports version 1.6+ of the plugin.
- Added tags and categories into campaign creation page.
1.4—August 14, 2013
- Updated to be compatible with latest version of Appthemer Crowdfunding. Note that starting with this release, Franklin requires Appthemer Crowdfunding version 1.6+ (the current version). DO NOT UPGRADE if you do not want to upgrade to the latest version of Appthemer Crowdfunding.
- Added the ability to hide the Campaign Backers widget if a campaign doesn’t have any backers yet.
- Fixed a bug in the Campaign Pledge Levels widget to do with limitless pledge levels.
1.3.1—August 12, 2013
- Fixed issues from 1.3
1.3—August 7, 2013
- Added WPML support.
- Allow users to share your campaigns with an embeddable widget.
- Share to Pinterest and LinkedIn.
- Improved navigation positioning when title and tagline are hidden.
- Made the logo clickable.
- Improved support for expired campaigns.
- Added masonry layout to campaign category archives.
- Many more minor code improvements.
1.2—July 6, 2013
- Added a website stats widget.
- Added extra PSD file.
- Fixed a bug in the Sofa Posts widget.
1.1—July 4, 2013
- Community campaigns functionality added!
- New page templates: Campaigns homepage, Single campaign page, Featured campaigns page
- Improved navigation styling
- IE8 bugs fixed
- Improved customizer preview
- Added Spanish translation, courtesy of SoyJimmy
- Expanded documentation
1.0—June 26, 2013
- Initial release