Just wanted to say that we had our event on Sunday and we raised $3,646.09 with the help of your incredible theme. You and your team are amazingly talented and I just wanted to thank you for all of your help!
I just finished my first crowdfunding campaign by raising over $1000 for a trip to India. I’m pumped!
Having tried the other crowdfunding themes, I would strongly recommend this theme to those looking at crowdfunding themes. It is by far the most professional looking theme, and well supported. A five star rating from me.
Eric couldn’t have been more helpful in helping getting it to work on my server!
This is a beautifully crafted theme with professional and prompt support!
GORGEOUS theme. Love the clean flat color look.
Love the design, great job. This would be perfect for our nonprofit.
NEW: Layer Slider support, alternative homepage template, campaign author widget
New in version 1.5 of Franklin is a brand new homepage template with support for Layer Slider, a much requested campaign author widget and a hugely improved user profile page. We think you’ll love it.
Franklin is a Wordpress crowdfunding theme, lovingly crafted from the ground up to be 100% responsive, elegant and bloat-free.
Built on top of Easy Digital Downloads and Crowdfunding by Astoundify, Franklin gives you the ability to crowdfund your latest project in style. Franklin is designed to work both for single-campaign websites and community oriented crowdfunding websites.
Note: Franklin requires Easy Digital Downloads and Crowdfunding by Astoundify for its crowdfunding features.
Pre-approved pledges or donations
Out of the box, Franklin integrates seamlessly with Easy Digital Downloads, which provides the Paypal payment gateway as the free default payment gateway. There are many other payment gateways available on the Easy Digital Downloads extensions page.
- Supports Crowdfunding by Astoundify and Easy Digital Downloads
- Single campaign OR community campaigns
- 100% responsive design, built with a mobile-first approach
- Crisp retina graphics
- Unlimited colours
- 6 preset colour palettes
- 8 optional textures, and the ability to load your own
- 6 custom widgets: Campaign Author, Campaign Updates, Campaign Video, Campaign Pledge Levels, Campaign Backers, Sofa Posts
- Alternative homepage template with Layer Slider support
- Custom user profile template
- Embeddable widget for easy sharing of campaigns.
- Widgetized campaign page
- Full-featured blog, with support for every post format: video, gallery, image, audio, aside, status, chat, link, quote
- Allow anonymous backers
- Contact page template
- Supports Ninja Forms
- Demo content included
- Multilingual ready. WPML support and .mo/.po files included
Photos used in the demo site are not included.
Note: You need to purchase a license for WPML and Layer Slider separately.
If Franklin is missing that one killer feature you just can’t live without, tell us! If there’s something stopping you from choosing Franklin, we would love to know so that we can improve the theme.
1.5.2 —December 2, 2013
- Fixed bug in author campaigns query that caused all campaigns to be shown.
1.5.1—November 29, 2013
- Fixed issue with login/register modal on larger screens.
1.5—November 26, 2013
- NEW: Bonus homepage template with support for Layer Slider
- NEW: Campaign creator widget
- IMPROVED: User profile page is greatly improved and shows the number of campaigns a user has created or backed, as well as a list of their created campaigns and blog posts.
- Removed default lightbox mode. If you want to activate lightbox on an image in your post, add the `lightbox` class to the anchor element (i.e. …).
- Improved SSL support.
- Many other minor bug fixes and improvements.
1.4.5—October 11, 2013
- Pagination for homepage campaigns.
- Improved styling for WePay extension.
1.4.4—October 7, 2013
- Minor update for po/mo files.
1.4.3—October 4, 2013
- Improved styling of campaign preview.
- Fixed issue with editing saved campaigns.
- Fixed a bug in pledge widgets that made it possible to still pledge to a campaign after it’s finished.
- Fixed a bug in the terms field in the campaign creation page.
1.4.2—September 16, 2013
- Abstracted login/register modal to provide an easier way for child themes to override the default.
- Fixed a bug causing the incorrect page template to be used when campaign page settings have not been set.
- Fixed bugs in campaign creation process.
1.4.1—August 30, 2013
- Updated to be compatible with latest version of Appthemer Crowdfunding. Upgrading Appthemer Crowdfundin is not absolutely necessary as the theme still supports version 1.6+ of the plugin.
- Added tags and categories into campaign creation page.
1.4—August 14, 2013
- Updated to be compatible with latest version of Appthemer Crowdfunding. Note that starting with this release, Franklin requires Appthemer Crowdfunding version 1.6+ (the current version). DO NOT UPGRADE if you do not want to upgrade to the latest version of Appthemer Crowdfunding.
- Added the ability to hide the Campaign Backers widget if a campaign doesn’t have any backers yet.
- Fixed a bug in the Campaign Pledge Levels widget to do with limitless pledge levels.
1.3.1—August 12, 2013
- Fixed issues from 1.3
1.3—August 7, 2013
- Added WPML support.
- Allow users to share your campaigns with an embeddable widget.
- Share to Pinterest and LinkedIn.
- Improved navigation positioning when title and tagline are hidden.
- Made the logo clickable.
- Improved support for expired campaigns.
- Added masonry layout to campaign category archives.
- Many more minor code improvements.
1.2—July 6, 2013
- Added a website stats widget.
- Added extra PSD file.
- Fixed a bug in the Sofa Posts widget.
1.1—July 4, 2013
- Community campaigns functionality added!
- New page templates: Campaigns homepage, Single campaign page, Featured campaigns page
- Improved navigation styling
- IE8 bugs fixed
- Improved customizer preview
- Added Spanish translation, courtesy of SoyJimmy
- Expanded documentation
1.0—June 26, 2013
- Initial release