Franklyn is a responsive, multi purpose premium WordPress theme. Franklyn is ideal for a range of applications, from standard blogs to creative portfolios. Franklyn avoids falling into the trap of feature bloat and inflexibility that many other themes suffer from.
Scan the image below with your smartphone to check out the responsive layout!
What Buyers Say
I would just like to say how happy I am with this theme. The gallery feature is amazing, the blog style is fantastic. It’s easy to use, looks brilliant on a phone. What more do you need from a theme. I have used many themes over the years and this is by far the best. Thanks for your support too. Here is my finished site – (custom made home page) http://www.richardpwalton.co.uk/
Thank you very much! Much appreciated, keep up the great work
If you encounter a bug in the theme or have any pre purchase questions you can get support by posting your issue or question on the item’s comments page. When posting responses please use the “reply” button on your original post so that your conversation is threaded. This makes it easier to follow.
- Liquid and responsive layout (desktop, tablet & mobile)
- Option to disable responsive layout
- Dark & Light colour schemes
- Colour picker options for accent colours (accent, links, buttons, etc)
- Full screen Flexslider template
- Mosaic blog and gallery layout
- Output image EXIF meta data
- Gallery image commenting
- Built in infinite scroll on blog, archive and portfolios
- Post formats (standard, audio, gallery, image, link, quote, status, video) utilizing oEmbed for featured content
- Unlimited portfolios with jQuery filtering
- Flexible portfolio templates (cropped or uncropped thumbnails, hide header)
- Support for various portfolio item types (standard, image, gallery, video, SoundCloud)
- Multi line text site title or custom logo image (max width 180px)
- Theme and page specific options
- Child theme support
- Translation ready (via included .po and .mo files)
- Twitter custom widget.
- WP3.0 custom menus
- Thorough documentation (3,000+ words)
- Fast support via ThemeForest item discussion page
- Live preview dummy content XML included.
Unlike many other premium WordPress themes shortcodes are added to Franklyn through the free Funky Shortcodes plugin. By including shortcodes via a plugin instead of hard coding them into the theme it means the shortcodes can be updated more frequently independantly of the theme, you are free to continue to use the shortcodes if you decide to change themes and your content will not be plagued with broken shortcodes. It’s the correct way of doing things!
Image Galleries with EXIF Meta Data
Image galleries can be created as regular pages using the gallery page template, as posts using the gallery or image post format or as portfolio items. When images are uploaded via the WordPress media library the EXIF meta data is stored with the image and output on the image’s single page. Each EXIF meta data can be toggled in the Appearance tab of the Theme Options giving you the flexibility to only display the information you want to.
Franklyn includes seven post formats letting you apply specific layouts to your blog posts depending on their content. The supported Post formats include audio, gallery, link, quotes, standard, status and video.
The theme makes use of oEmbed to determine what should be the featured content of each post corresponding to the post’s selected post format. This means that there is no messy option fields to fill in to add a video to the top of the page. You simple select the video post format and copy / paste a video URL (from a supported video host) anywhere in your post content. When extracting the feature content from your post content the first appropriate URL will be used and moved to the top of the post content. Below is a list of supported URLs for embedded content of each post format type:
Display your work, photographs or products in an easily manageable and attractive way. The theme includes a portfolio custom post type with the ability to create an unlimited number of portfolios, a portfolio grid page template with infinite scrolling and jQuery filters, and a portfolio shortcode that allows you to output your work in a one, two or three column layout.
Portfolio Items use the same oEmbed method as posts to select and output featured content which means, once again, there are no messy text field options that need to be filled in on the portfolio item edit screen. Just copy / paste a supported URL for the portfolio item type and let the theme do the hard work!
Configure your website in minutes with the built in, unbranded, theme and template options.
Includes a full .mo and .po file so you can translate the theme to your language.
Version 2.2 – 06 January 2014
- Fixed portfolio category taxonomy titles
- Made arrow icons a part of pagination links
- Removed twitter widget
- Updated TGM
- CSS tweaks
Version 2.1 – 19 October 2013
- Updated isotope jQuery plugin
- Show all images in slideshow
- Removed Facebook meta
- Remove location exif theme options
- Corrected a typo
Version 2.0 – 12 August 2013
- Native audio and video playback support.
Version 1.9 – 31 May 2013
- Added additional post format content template files
- Removed white space from end of taxonomy option config file
- Fixed portfolio shortcode bug
- Added Scroll bar to navigation sidebar
- Updated mobile navigation to show page hierarchy
- Increase number of grid columns on 1600px + screens
Version 1.8 – 07 March 2013
- Adjusted media queries to fit larger mobile devices.
- Re-added uncompressed JS.
- Added support for Password protected gallery page template.
- Added support for password protected portfolio items.
- Small CSS tweaks.
- Scripts now load via wp_enqueue_scripts action hook.
- Fixed template options animations.
Version 1.7 – 21 January 2013
- Fixed hide feature image option on standard portfolio items.
- Removed fade effect from infinite scroll portfolio item filtering.
Version 1.6 – 19 December 2012
- Updated skeleton child theme.
- Fixed slider animation speed bug.
- Improved CSS compatibility with Colorbox plugin.
Version 1.5 – 14 December 2012
- Meta box styling tweak.
- Moved dynamic CSS to page head.
Version 1.4 – 12 December 2012
- Fixed feature content top margin bug when page title is set to hidden.
- Updated theme options framework.
- Switched meta boxes framework.
- Checked for WordPress 3.5 compatibility
Version 1.3 – 11 December 2012
- Changed portfolio filter animation.
- Enabled animation on blog posts loaded via AJAX.
Version 1.2 – 01 December 2012
- Fixed mobile navigation bug.
Version 1.1 – 23 November 2012
- Changed mobile navigation to select menu.
- Updated skeleton child theme.
- Responsive layout now based on window width instead of device max width.
Version 1.0 – 14 November 2012
- Initial release.