An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by jonathan01
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is in the 2/19/13 version update of Genesis Church
Please take care to back up your files before the update to ensure any customizations you have made to template files and/or css files will not be lost upon updating the theme.
Genesis Church has been updated to include the following:
- 2 new page templates – archive-event.php and archive-sermon.php
- the sermon post call on the homepage, single sermon page, sermon archive page and sermon full list page will now display the ‘speaker’ name instead of the post author name
- the homepage and the event list page will now sort the events by event date, not post publish date
- added 640px responsive media query
- the documentation has been updated as well as the xml import
- the event date is now a date picker in the back end rather than 3 separate text fields for the event day, month and year
- upgraded to the latest WP version of 3.5.1
- upgraded all the plugins included with the theme to the latest version
- archive-event.php (new)
- archive-sermon.php (new)
- css directory jquery-ui-custom.css (new)
- js directory has a new file custom-js.js (new)
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.