Welcome to Gig – A Premium WordPress Theme
Created specifically for musicians and bands, GIG is a custom solution to enable you to display pages for band members, your music, events, blog and even crowdfunding for your musical projects with support for the Ignition Deck premium plugin.
A color picker allows you to easily alter the accent color. Pages you create can each have their own unique sidebar image.
XML dummy data import is available and the file comes complete with language mo/po files for easy translation.
Gig is a beautiful experience on not just the desktop but tablets and smartphones such as the iPad and iPhone.
- HTML5 and CSS3 construction (heavily commented)
- XML Preview Data file included for import
- Fully translation mo/po files included
- Integrated support for IgnitionDeck Premium plugin (not required!)
- Custom Post Type for band members
- Custom Post Type for your music
- Custom Post Type for events
- Custom Post Type for your unlimited galleries
- All CPT come with single and index pages and are all categorized for improved use of each information
- Support for WordPress Post Formats – standard, quote, gallery, audio, video, link
- Style Sheet Uploader in unbranded theme options panel
- Color picker for accent color
- SEO best practice construction
- Retina Ready using retina.js included
- Choose right sidebar or full width for any page or post
- Multiple registered widget areas
- Responsive design for mobile / tablet based devices
- Soliloquy Slider with shortcodes
- Swipe Enabled sliders
- Full suite of pages
- 5 Different Home Page Templates
- Full width template
- Right sidebar template
- Fully working contact form with validation (Contact Form 7 plugin)
- Expanded WP standard comments now with validation!
- Included retina ready (HiDPI) social icon plugin
- Automatic lightbox built in (if images linked)
- Multiple Menus (2 registered)
- Layered PSD Files for elements, sliders etc
- Support proudly supplied for installation issues / but not for customization (available at cost)
- 04/27/15 – v2.6.1 Updated style.css to update version #. Updated theme to remove security flaw from option tree. Please replace the entire option tree directory and update the style.css.
- 02/18/15 – v2.6 Updated searchform.php to correct issue on page load to show the placeholder text until search box is clicked. Updated style.css to update version #.
- 01/07/15 – Version2.5.1. Updated skin for ignition deck plugin (/plugins/ignitiondeck/skins/ignitiondeck-gig.css) to include a font-family call for form-row label class. Updated style.css in theme to update version #.
- 10/13/14 – Version2.5. Updated package to include child theme, updated style.css to fix archive page body class and option tree directory as well as new content xml.
- 05/30/14 – Version2.4. Updated template-event.php to have the event drop off the day after it has occurred.
- 05/13/14 – Version # did not change, ONLY updated the Ignition Deck Gig Stylesheet, no theme files changed in this update. If you use the Gig Skin provided for Ignition Deck plugin, you will need to update that stylesheet, if you do not use it – no changes are necessary.
- 04/28/14 – Version 2.3 – Updated theme to support WordPress 3.9 audio/video playlist features.
- Update 03/06/14 – Updated search.php and searchform.php to return the search query to make the search more secure
- 2/13/14 – Added new functionality to music index and single pages. Music index page now sorts in DESC order by release date (most recent first) and music single page now display 4 thumbnails to other other albums. New mo/po files. template-band_music.php and single-band_music.php are the files needing replacing.
- 12/13/13 – Fully tested in the new WordPress 3.8
- Update 12/06/13-Update to to style.css to fix column clearing float for 480px media query size.
- Update 10/31/13-Update to the media queries in style.css to fix an issue with using a sidebar page on some templates – update your style.css only for this fix.
- Update 10/25/13-Updated to WordPress 3.7 with no issues.
- Update 10/21/13-Updated template-band_music.php, template-band_member.php, template-band_gallery.php to correct the issue with using the blog post setting to display before pagination.
- Update 10/1/13-Updated to WordPress 3.6.1 with no issues.
- Update 8/8/13-Version 2.0. Please replace ALL files. New features include paginated comments, paginated single pages, update for 3.6 compatible. Removed all shortcodes and replaced with our new plugin. Supports tags for posts, update to theme options for read more text, using more tag instead of the_excerpt.
- Update 7/6/13-Version 1.2 updated functions.php for saving band member meta box info.
- Update 5/27/13-updated functions.php to fix issue with event time and iframe map not saving.
- Release on 5/20/13 – Initial Release.