An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by uouapps
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
UOU Apps Support Service Policy
Thank you for taking the time to read our Support Service Policy;
Even though the support of items is not a mandatory requirement by Envato we are happy to provide you with guidance & support during our working hours* but in order to do so we kindly ask you for your cooperation by reading & understanding the following guidelines:
SOME GUIDELINES ON HOW TO USE OUR SUPPORT SYSTEM
Before sending us a PM (private message) through the contact form of our Profile Page please follow the instructions below and make sure that you send us a PM following these guidelines:
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO REPORT ONLY 1 ISSUE PER PM
- Name of the item + Type: for example “Glocal” + “WP”
- Nature of the PM: “QUESTION” or “BUG” or “IDEA”
- Subject: e.g.”Responsiveness issue on Blog page”
- PM Description:
When you edit your PM description, we would appreciate if you could kindly try to be as clear & synthetic preferably with screenshots (e.g. DROPLR) or a video capture and please focus on the subject of the PM (if you need to discuss a different issue then open a new PM with the according structure)
For example, if you have 1 question, 2 bugs and 2 ideas then you have to create 5 different PMs, this will ensure better performance in our workflow process & faster replies to buyers & prospects. The structure of the PM should be as follows:
We update our FAQ & Knowledge base on a daily basis so please check for the corresponding answers before you submit your questions and remember that we have video tutorials at vimeo.com/uouapps (for buyers, please make sure you followed the instructions in the documentation of the item you purchased)
When you report a Bug please make sure you describe properly the problem preferably with screenshots or video captures and remember to provide us with the link of your website and corresponding wordpress credentials (link, username and password) in certain cases you will required by the support/developer to share FTP Access
IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS
There’s always room for innovation & new ideas, therefore please always feel free to share your ideas and suggestions using the PM structure mentionned above, we will try to create a Roadmap tool and share it online with all Buyers & Prospects so that you can get a better estimation if and when the option/feature will be implemented
Even though we would be happy to help and guide every buyer & prospect, please understand that the support of items is not a mandatory requirement by Envato so we need to keep a balance between our capacity, priorities and the commercial viability of our activity. In other terms our priorities are ordered as follows:
- BUGS COME FIRST: it is crucial for us that we deliver bug-free items, therefore during the debugging process period all kind of enhancements and questions from buyers & prospects are on hold
- PRE-SALE QUESTIONS / PROSPECTS: we always try to respond to everyone but please understand that on one hand we first need to prioritize Buyers’ requests before Prospects’ Requests and we sometimes automatically transfer the questions into our FAQ without providing any answer, so try to regularly double-check our FAQ & Knowledge base after asking your questions
- CUSTOM REQUESTS: Due to the intensive rythym of our work we are currently not able to provide any kind of custom work so feel free to add your wish list into IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS and we will try to add them to our todo list
Even though we are an international team spread around the world, we are mainly working based on GMT+1 timezone, the support service is operating from Monday to Friday Morning and the response duration of a PM could take between 24 to 48 hours (in some cases it might take longer based on the complexity of the request) excluding Friday afternoons, week-ends and holidays
Thank you in advance for your cooperation & we look forward to have you on board of the UOU Apps Community
Salam & Greetings
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.