An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by uouapps
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to remove the pre-defined fields in the company info (Company Contact details) ?
To delete a field from Contact Details section Glocal Company remove line from file: /include/html/tpl-company-simple.php
line 108-111 Name:
line 118-121 Location
line 144-147 Full Address
or file: /include/html/company-tabs/company.php if used tabs remove
line 35-38 Name
line 67-70 Full Address
other fields can be left empty so they do not display on the site
How to translate Glocal using WPML ?
HOW TO TRANSLATE – GLOCALGlocal is WPML compatible so the first step you need to do is to purchase the WPML plugin (www.wpml.org)
- Important notice!: You Need to download: “sitepress-multilingual-cms” and “wpml-string-translation”
- First read: Install manual and Getting Started Guide
- After installing WPML plugin and extension (wpml-string-translation) read this and configure language settings
- Go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization and set “Translate by WPML”
- Please read Theme localization instructions
- On “Theme and plugins localization” page click on the button: “Scan the theme for strings”
- Go to WPML -> String translation and find the string for translate
- Write the variants of translation for the selected languages (important notice! Do not forget to set the checkbox to “translation is complete” in order to publish the translation)
Posting the Translation
- First read Translating Your Contents
- Go to WPML -> Translation options
- Set in Custom posts section: Company – Translate – SAVE
- Set in Custom taxonomies section: Company Categories- Translate – SAVE
- When creating or editing company do not forget to do this for other languages
- To translate company categories read Translating Post Categories and Custom taxonomies
To menu translation
- First read Translating Menus
- Go to Appearance -> Menus
- And create menu elements for each language with translated content
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.