Good Ol’ Wine – Wine and Winery WordPress Theme
“Good Ol’ Wine” is a beautiful responsive WordPress Theme perfectly suited for wine enthusiasts and wineries..
It is an easy to use theme with responsive layout that looks great on any device, big or small. It is compatible with Major Browsers, Smartphones and Tablet’s.
Good Ol’ Wine theme uses basic, core WordPress options (pages,post and widgets) to create user friendly site with a lot of useful features.
Good Ol’ Wine is WPML compatible theme suitable for a multi-language sites: http://wpml.org/theme/good-ol-wine/
Good Ol’ Wine features “Jetpack” plugin for WordPress that supercharge your website with the features so far only available for WordPress.com. Special Jetpack feature we used is “Jetpack Widget Visibility” that allows you to have different sidebar content on different pages using the same sidebar. This gives you a great amount of creative freedom!
It features the “WooCommerce” plugin that is styled to visually fit the theme as shown in the live preview.
The Events Calendar Plugin
It also features the “The Events Calendar” plugin that is styled to visually fit the theme as shown in the live preview.
Included with the theme is a full version of the amazing Soliloquy Slider. This slider can be used within pages, posts and widgets and has many different options to choose from!
Change colors from Customizer using Color Picker
Inside the Customizer you’ll be able to change the color of the dark red elements and black background color elements. If you need more color customization you are able to use Jetpack Edit Css or a child theme.
You can preview it here: Color Options
If you would like to change theme fonts there is a great FREE plugin we recommend : Easy Google Fonts . This plugin allows you to change Fonts from within the customizer.
This theme uses WordPress feature called “Post Formats”. Using “Post Formats” feature posts can be styled differently and independently of each other. If you want to make your blog post more flexible you can use different kinds of post formats such as image, video or quotes.
Introducing WordPress Theme Customizer
Theme Customization screen (i.e. “Theme Customizer”) allows site admins to tweak theme’s settings and see the preview of those changes in a real time.
You’ll be able to upload your logo or to change the site title and tagline, colors, change header image and more.
Help videos- http://www.anariel.com/goodoldwinewp/help-videos/
- WordPress Theme Customizer
- Responsive Design
- Many Different page templates with interesting effects and layouts
- Unlimited customizing possibilities for creating pages
- Post Formats
- Custom post type plugin for “Wine Products”, “Timeline” and “Tasting Rooms”
- Jetpack Widget Visibility – this awesome feature allows you to choose on which page your particular widget appears or disappears
- Theme is styled for “WooCommerce” and “The Events Calendar” plugin
- Soliloquy slider plugin
- Widgetize footer and different widgetized sidebars
- Custom menu
- .po and .mo files included
- Custom theme plugin: “Good Ol’ Wine Custom Post Type Plugin”
- 1. Good Ol’ Wine features “Jetpack” plugin for WordPress that supercharge your website with features until now only available on WordPress.com. This plugin is used for the widget visibility, tiled gallery, contact form…
- 2. Soliloquy Slider with add ons can be found inside the Plugins folder – more about it read inside chapter 1.5 on this page
- 3. Widget Import/Export: http://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-importer-exporter/ – plugin for importing widgets from theme live preview
- 4. WooCommerce: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/ – used for shop page
- 5. The Events Calendar: http://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar – the Events Calendar is a carefully crafted, extensible plugin that lets you easily share your events
- 6. Social Icons Widget: http://wordpress.org/plugins/social-media-icons-widget/ – Displays a list of social media website icons and a link to your profile.
Good Ol’ Wine utilizes some great tutorials from Codrops: http://tympanus.net/codrops/
Images can be bought on Photodune and Creative Market: https://creativemarket.com/gerrenlamson/29762-Vineyard-Hills-Napa-Valley, http://photodune.net/item/wine-bottles/2717933, http://photodune.net/item/couple-drinking-wine-in-their-vineyard/3250233, http://photodune.net/item/wine-bar-tasting-set-up-tray-decoration/1725678, http://photodune.net/item/red-wine-abstract-splashing/1317413, http://photodune.net/item/grape/793902, http://photodune.net/item/wine-collage/3006264,http://photodune.net/item/vineyard-at-sunset/3340070, http://photodune.net/item/wine-bottles/3411482, http://photodune.net/item/wine/5062240, http://photodune.net/item/wine/1875051, http://graphicriver.net/item/wine-bottle-branding-mock-up-/6000458, http://photodune.net/item/wine-cellar-in-abbey-of-monte-oliveto-maggiore/666061, http://photodune.net/item/wine-glass/34662541, http://photodune.net/item/happy-people/6366926
NOTE: Images from the live preview aren’t included with the theme, instead of them you get the images made by Anariel Design.