Handmade Two: the rewrite is an all new WordPress blogging and eCommerce theme for foodies and crafters.
If you blog about crafts or food or even sell your own handmade goods and food items, the Handmade Two eCommerce theme is perfect for you. It’s features are extensive and detailed below.
Handmade Two’s design is unique, originally designed by the talented Shyama Golden. Designed to a 940px-wide view port, it has an extremely powerful layout but retains great functionality through optional homepage regions using drag-and-drop widget insertion from the back-end Control Panel.
You can choose a Regular Blog layout, Preset Layout or a Widget Driven layout for your homepage.
Custom Page Templates
Its Custom Page Templates include layouts for Archives, Full Width, Gallery List, Shop or Widgetized page..
Responsive and Mobile Friendly
Handmade Two is a responsive theme and will automatically adjust the parameters of your website’s content to fit the screen size of mobile devices such as the iPhone and Android. Tablet computers can also enjoy a customized experience.
WordPress eCommerce Theme
Handmade Two is an eCommerce theme and uses the WooCommerce plugin to power its eCommerce functionality. Being a responsive and mobile friendly eCommerce theme is great for you and your customers.
There are three layout options for the Gallery page template. You can choose from a one, two or three column layout and have your visitors click through to a single gallery item in just one click.
Drag-And-Drop Widget Placement
The Handmade Two theme comes with plenty of custom widgets that can be inserted within the homepage, sidebar and footer regions through the Control Panel. Widgets include Adverts, Contact details, large adverts, popular posts, social links, a unique thumbnail slider, twitter stream, content widget and product category widget when you’re looking to sell products.
All of Obox’s themes are coded with SEO in mind, and we recommend using the WP SEO plugin as it works perfectly with all of our themes.
- Widget driven homepage
- eCommerce site too, powered by WooCommerce
- 4 Column Footer
- Google Font Typography Manager
- Drag and drop homepage builder
- Logo uploader
- Background uploader
- Thumbnail options
- Social Link widget
- Social sharing for posts
- Responsive and mobile friendly
- oEmbed video support for vimeo/youtube
- Self-hosted video
- Gallery page templates
- and more…
Need help with your theme setup?
If you need help with your Obox WordPress theme setup, create and log in to your profile at Obox and you’ll see a ‘Upgrades and Services’ item in the sidebar. Click that to show an option to get a member of the Obox team to setup your theme for you.
Documentation & Support
Please note that access to theme documentation and support forums is restricted to verified buyers only. Support times are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (GMT +2). In order to gain full access docs and support please be sure to register on Obox.
To login to Obox all you need to do is the following:
- Visit Obox Design
- Click Sign Up (top right of the page)
- Register your details
- Type in your ThemeForest purchase code in the right side bar in your profile
Note: We offer Support via our forums only, any other means of communication such as emails and tweets will be directed to the forum. Thanks peeps.
Version 2.1.2 – August 29th 2013
- Orderby sorting options added to gallery template and gallery taxonomies. - New gallery query on front end.
Version 2.1.1 – August 22nd 2013
- Removed height from single product image - Removed title limit on archives - jQuery compatibility additions for WP 3.6
- All titles are now affected by Typography Manager - Post image size adjusted to 580 and should now scale better
Version 2.1.0 – July 30th 2013
- Updated WooCommerce loop – fixes an issue with some widgets breaking the sidebar
Version 2.0.9 – June 26th 2013
- Added Facebook OpenGraph option to Theme Options – this allows you to turn off the theme’s - Facebook support if you use a plugin like WordPress SEO - Improved typography manager support - Added sorting to content widget - Shop loop updated, category support added
- Backend debug of widgets - When a post type and filter type is selected in your widgets, the default filter should now be “All” instead of the last item in the list - Fixed typo manager layout. - Fixed invalid markup in sidebar causing widgets without titles to break layout. - Fixed self-hosted video sizing in content widget. - Fixed repeating posts in feature gallery widget if Random order was used
Version 2.0.8 – June 20th 2013
This update introduces a new Twitter widget. You will need to visit your widget page to reset the Twitter settings. See this article if you have issues.
- Added theme options to show/hide comment link, author link and category link under the post title. These options will also show/hide these elements on the Archives page template. - Updated oEmbed - Updated Social widget - New Twitter Timeline widget
- Backend debug cleanup for WP 3.6 - Date graphic is now hidden on handheld mobile screens
Version 2.0.7 – June 6th 2013
- Updated WooCommerce shop template loop - Removed unneeded image sizes created by theme - Added Flickr and Soundcloud to social links widget - Social Links widget options now list popular networks first, followed by alphabetical list - Added hide comment link to Post Meta in Theme Options (affects Archives template) - Added sorting to featured post widget – you can now list posts by manual order, random etc - oEmbed thumbnails will now fill entire first image when shown in Feature Post widget
- Cleanup backend debug errors - Updated depreciated code - Fixed pagination in blog template - Fixed sidebar markup – widgets should be less likely to break sidebar now - Full width and post image sizes adjusted - Reduced font size of feature post widget titles in mobile mode - Margin added to bottom of archives template - Layout selector in Gallery template now says “Gallery” - Main image upload field in Gallery post type will now set the featured image automatically