An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, SoloPine, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from SoloPine:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
What plugin do you recommend for…?
- Contact Form: Contact Form 7
(available here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/)
- Thumbnail resizing: Regenerate Thumbnails
(available here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/)
- SEO: Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin
(available here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/)
How do I resize my thumbnails to fit the image sizes in Hickory?
We recommend running the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.
You can find it here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/
How do I change the homepage layout of my theme?
You can change this by going to Hickory Options > Homepage Options > Homepage Layout > Choose your preferred layout.
How do I adjust the number of posts per page?
You can do this by going to Settings > Reading and adjusting the post options here.
How do I make my theme look like the demo site?
We have a video tutorial in Hickory’s documentation showing how to setup the homepage as well as loads of other useful things!
How do I widgetize and customize the homepage?
There is a tutorial of how to accomplish this included in Hickory’s documentation.
Otherwise, it’s quite simple:
You go to Hickory Options > Homepage Options > Choose “Widgetized Homepage Layout”. Next, go to Appearance > Widgets > Drag & drop the widgets you’d like into the Main Widget Area. And voila!
I love Hickory though I’d like to have something specially altered—do you do custom work?
Although we sincerely wish we could help everyone, we’re unfortunately unable to do custom work at this time. If you’d like Hickory’s coding tweaked or additional features added, we highly recommend connecting with one of the talented freelancers over http://www.microlancer.com.
Do you have a support site?
We’re more than happy to answer any support questions regarding all Solo Pine themes at:
Please note: You will need your purchase code when creating a support ticket via Ticksy.
If you have any pre-purchase questions, you are very welcome to write us via Hickory’s Comments Section on ThemeForest, as well as via the Contact Form on our TF profile page.
How do I import the theme’s demo content?
*Important to note: To ensure all content is imported correctly, please be sure to install the required plugins that are noted when you first install the theme on WordPress.
- On your WordPress dashboard in the left-hand menu, select Tools > Import.
- Select the “WordPress” option. If you haven’t used the WP Importer before, you may need to first install it and activate it (it will give you this option on the spot if required).
- Click the “Browse” button and find the theme’s demo content XML file.
- You will be given the option of choosing which “author” name will be assigned to the imported content. Otherwise, click “Submit” and you’re set!
Error: Theme is missing the style.css stylesheet
When attempting to install a theme on WordPress for the first time, you may experience an error message stating:
“The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. Theme install failed.”
No worries! This is quite a common mistake. Make sure you unzip your theme’s folder before uploading it. Within the unzipped folder you’ll find another folder with the same theme name. THIS is the folder you will need to upload to WordPress.
How do I set up my navigation menu?
How to set up a menu:
- WordPress dashboard > Appearance > Menus
- “Create a new menu” > Choose a menu name
- Be sure to assign the menu to a “Theme location” by checking the tick box. For example, set the menu as “Primary menu”
- Save menu
Assigning Pages, Categories, etc. to your menu:
A box on the left will show you your recently created Pages. You can also toggle through your Categories and Links by selecting their drop-down menus. To add a Page or similar to your menu, check the tick box next to it > “Add to menu”. The selected item should now appear under “Menu Structure.”
Once you’ve populated your menu with items, you can create sub menus by dragging and dropping the items “within” other menu items.
Editing Menu Items
If you wish to edit or remove a menu item, click the little arrow on the right-side of the menu item name. A selection of options will drop down, including editing the navigation label as well as removing the item altogether.
Additional Menu Item Features
For additional menu features, click on the “Screen Options” tab in the top-right corner of the Menu page. Here, you can add the option of linking directly to a Post or specific Tag within your navigation menu. You can also check the box next to “Link Target” to give yourself the option of having menu items open in an entirely new tab when selected.
For more information on menus in WordPress, check out:
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.