About HitchedHitched is a responsive, retina-ready Wordpress theme designed for couples who want a beautiful website to celebrate their wedding day, or any website that needs a romantic touch.
Hitched is a 2-for-1 deal, with two gorgeous colour schemes: A darker version featuring complementary tones of charcoal and peach; and a light version combining shades of chocolate, pink and peach. Both colour schemes also have three separate background textures, so you can choose the combination that works perfectly for you.
And remember, Hitched is retina-ready, so crack out your retina-ready tablet, computer or phone and enjoy the demo.
What’s in the box
- A fully responsive design that will look great on your desktop, tablet or smart phone
- Full featured blog design, with support for five post formats: standard, quote, photo and gallery
- Guestbook page template
- Flickr widget & shortcode
- Instagram widget & shortcode
- Twitter widget
- Touch carousel on the homepage
- Responsive slider on the homepage
- Three gallery layouts
- Simple, easy to use options panel built with Wordpress’ in-built Settings API
- Contact & RSVP forms with validation
- Stylish fonts loaded from Google Web Fonts (Bitter and Sofia)
- WP FontAwesome plugin—a sweet little FontAwesome plugin we created while putting this theme together
- Includes PSD files and 13-page documentation
- Free support
Note: Photos used in the demo site do not come with the purchased files.
Also note that this theme requires a self-hosted Wordpress installation — it will not work on a hosted Wordpress.com site.
What others are saying
Love this theme! We looked around A LOT for a good wedding website theme and this is the best we found. Really beautiful, easy to use and Eric is super nice and helpful. My sister and I are using it for our brother’s website and he and his fiancee are very pleased.Thanks Eric!
I love this theme! Thank you so much for creating it and supporting it so well. It made creating a website for my brother’s wedding so easy.
Changelog1.9 ~ December 13, 2013
- Removed built-in support for columns shortcode — instead, we have added integration for Justin Tadlock’s Grid Columns plugin (http://wordpress.org/plugins/grid-columns/), which now provides the columns shortcode functionality. This has been done for greater portability of your content between themes.
- Fixed bug in carousel making it possible to move backwards past the first carousel item.
- Tidied up button hover effect.
- Improved handling of galleries for homepage slider and carousel.
- Added demo content XML files to get you started quicker.
- Fixed up bug brought on by retirement of Twitter API v1.
- Tidied up initial option settings.
- Made the slider nav icons clickable.
- Added a guestbook page template.
- Minor CSS fixes to form fields.
- Updated Twitter integration to account for changes to Twitter API. In order to display your latest tweets, you now have to create a Twitter application and add its credentials on the theme settings page. There are step by step instructions in the documentation explaining how to create a Twitter application and add the details to your site. See page 12.
- Added .po and .mo files. Fixed up internationalization issues.
- Added comment forms to pages. You can switch this off on a page-by-page basis.
- Improved under-the-hood method for getting photos for the slider and carousel on the homepage. This is much more intuitive now, especially if you’re using Wordpress 3.5+.
- Added option to hide RSS button in footer.
- Fixed bug right-aligned images.
- Added child theme skeleton to download package and expanded documentation with explanation of how to use the child theme to make advanced customisations to the theme
- Fixed implementation of centrally aligned images
- Documentation expanded and improved
- Improvement to [button] shortcode
- Including PSD files in product
- Minor fix for IE8 compatibility
- Initial release
Get the non-Wordpress version
If you like Hitched but don’t need or plan to use Wordpress, take a look at the Hitched site template.