I am thinking about purchasing this theme. First I want some information about advertising. What are the options in this theme?
Thanks in advance!
Hi Tom, we include a 125×125 ad widget with the theme. You can also use standard text widgets to embed ad code from things like buysellads, adsense etc.
In love with your ‘Hoarder’ Theme !
Brilliantly done Home page two columns and a sidebar.
I have some pre-sales questions.
(Not looking for full answers to each question
A yes or no would do.. maybe a little description aswell
1) How SEO friendly would this home page be ?
Is there a way to add a h1 tag around here ?
Is there a way to integrate social media sharing buttons ?
Maybe replace the social media sharing buttons instead of the little “like heart” button.
2) About the 2colums + sidebar home page..
Is there a way to create a standard pagination for this page ?
Of what I have read “Load More” is problematic for SEOs
3) Does the theme support Wordpress SEO ? and all other standard plug-ins
such as Digg Digg and other social sharing installations
4) Is it possible to create a custom blog page..
with all categories.. “Links + Quotes + Standard” on one page
Possibly have a standard pagination in this case ?
I hope to get a response to my questions..
Thank you =)
Answered by email.
Hi! It seems that the function “For each article in a feed, show Full text / Summary” is not working properly with your theme. At least not for me. I can only get my posts page to show the full text on each post. Feels like I tried everything. Is there any way to work around it?
Hey! Thanks for purchasing one of our files, we truly appreciate it! Support for all our themes is conducted through the ThemeZilla support forums, if you’d like to start a new thread over there either myself or another member of the support team can take a look at your issue
Support Forums | Create an Account | Find your “Item Purchase Code”
Can I change the home page and every page to a content/sidebar layout?
The reason is to add a opt-in form to each page.
Can this be done to the Studeo theme as well? To any of your themes?
Yes, you can change the homepage use the sidebar in this theme. It cannot be done in Studeo.
Hi, wondering why some photos won’t automatically resize photos. For example, a photo for one post retains its 520×520 dimensions on my three-column home page. Why does it do that?
Hi! I’m wondering how I can exclude a category from the homepage without using a plugin. I’ve poked around, but my developer is out and any advice would be appreciated!
Thank you for this theme.
I have a question : how to change “hoarder” title to my own title blog please ?
I tried to do it by myself and I did not find the solution
i have an macbook pro retina display and made my logo with cs6.
but the logo is not high-resolution on the website. is this a problem with the theme or with the logo i made?
Hi, I would like to purchase this theme but wanted to check:
1a) Does the theme have the ability to create multiple blogs. E.g. Blog1 Blog2 Blog3 etc and have this all available to be clicked on in the main menu bar?
1b) How can you set the home page to list post from all Blogs (Blog1 Blog2 Blog3 etc) in order of creation date?
2) Can the portfolio pages be only one column so that it can look like a blog only page?
3) Are there spaces customisable for advertisements?
4) Do you have the ability to have tag clouds where the tags will be of different sizes depending on how popular the tags are?
5) Does this theme do slider images?
6) Do you automatically resize images?
7) Is this theme SEO optimised?
1a. No, all WP themes have one blog. You can categorise your blog to effectively make 3 different sections and link to each from the top menu.
1b. Yes if you categorise as suggested above.
2. There is no portfolio in this theme, only blog posts. But yes, you can make the posts appear in 1 column http://demo.themezilla.com/hoarder/home-blog-style/
3. You can add ads to any sidebar or footer using the ad widget or text widget to paste ad embed code.
4. Yes, you can add a tag cloud to any sidebar or footer.
5. Gallery post formats use a slider e.g. http://demo.themezilla.com/hoarder/its-no-use-the-aliens-have-landed/
Thanks for the above, very useful
I noticed on the demo the blog images are quite large on screen, do they always have to be like this?
Also are the slider buttons (next and prev), can they somehow be made more obvious? e.g. with tabs at the bottom like the main image on this page http://www.trak-life.com/
Finally do you have scrolling boxes?
The images will always be the width of the container yes. The height will depend on the original image.
Changing the next/prev links is possible but you would need to modify the CSS file directly.
No scrolling boxes.
Great theme. Just got it. How do I set up two columns and a sidebar? Is there a support page on that?
Hey! I was thinking about purchasing this theme – mostly for blog purpose. Is it possible to make the blog as an old fashion blog with more pictures (full blog post) on the blog/front side – without needing to press “read more” for the full blog post.
I hope it makes sense.
Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your reply.
Hi, that’s certainly possible. You would use the blog layout for the homepage and NOT use the more tag when creating posts as we have in the demos http://en.support.wordpress.com/splitting-content/more-tag/
Thank you for the reply. Another question: Would it then be possible to leave a reply at the post (on the front page)? And make social likes for twitter, facebook etc..
That would require additional development. It’s likely possible but would need the help of a developer.
Quite disappointed. Not many options at all for a $50 theme.
You’d have to pay/be a code guru to do any real customization.
Support seems quite good however.
Hi, thanks for your comments. We’re not really into the options race to be fair. Which options did you think were absolutely necessary but missing?
At least font options for the header, and maybe options for your post meta data.
I must reiterate that support is outstanding!
How can I remove comments and author name from blog pages?
See this… http://screencast.com/t/hdSPrMKXtuV
How do I create a support account? Looks like download page has changed. I see no License Certificate link like used to be. FRUSTRATING!
How can I get my question answered if there is not License Cert?
You are correct, the page has changed. You can find your license certificate in the purchase confirmation email sent to you by ThemeForest e.g. http://s.zilla.cc/OcT3 (bottom right link)
Hello. I have a problem with video-posts.
Why a reproduction bar is in the top of the post if I did embed a youtube video?. Can I remove it?.
I have another problem in QUOTE post.
I don’t know where I have write the quote to show it with a “h2” class (It appears empty in my post quote). Compare it with a example quote post of your example site.
Do you have a “xml” file with a example content?
When I test the responsiveness of the demo site, it does not appear to work fully.
What I mean is that when I minimize my Chrome browser, sure enough all the posts line up vertically.
However, when I maximize my browser, the posts continue to remain in a vertical column as opposed to returning to the original 2 column/sidebar style I originally viewed the page in.
Has that issue been resolved?
Hi, try viewing the demo without any demo bar present at the top. You can close it by pressing the cross.
It’s also best to test responsive themes by using actual mobile devices rather than resizing browsers.
Hi, I am thinking about purchasing this theme.
1.) Is there a possibility to change the font at the menue?
2.) Is the colour (now dark) from the submenue changeable in to white with dark font colour?
3.) Can I change the background pattern?
You can change all of those by editing the CSS. All simple changes we could help you with should you get stuck.
1) How SEO friendly is the home page? Is there a way to add a h1 tag around here? Is there a way to integrate social media sharing buttons? Maybe replace the social media sharing buttons instead of the little “like heart” button. Can I instal Yoast. What about the speed of the site
2) About the 2colums + sidebar home page.. Is there a way to create a standard pagination for this page ? Of what I have read “Load More” is problematic for SEOs
3) Does the theme support Wordpress SEO Yoast? and all other standard plug-ins and other social sharing installations
4) Can I change the images sizes on the homepage. Can I change the imagine size in the post because it is to big?
1. You can add a H1 tag by editing the homepage template. You can use social media sharing by using a plugin. You can install the Yoast plugin. There is no issue with site speed, if you use a cache plugin like W3 Total cache together with a CDN then the site should be very fast indeed.
2. To add pagination to that template you would need to edit the template file directly – possibly a task for a developer.
3. There should be no issue with the Yoast plugin or any other which is built to WP guidelines. There are no standard plugins however.
4. The width is fixed and the height can be anything you like. You can also change the width by editing the template files – possibly a task for a developer.
Is there any way to put a post fixed below the menu, such as a text post linking to a page?
Hi there, great theme! I’m really loving it. I’ve run into a problem though… I hadn’t even started populating the posts or uploading any images etc but all of a sudden anything I do in the admin runs really slow. I click something in the menu and it ‘hangs’ for up to 30secs before it starts loading the page. I’ve optimised and ‘repaired’ the database but it had no affect. Any ideas? Cheers, Tony
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Why buy with Envato
This item is licensed 100% GPL.