Huckleberry is a collection of 24 minimalist, elegant TypeEngine templates designed for your iOS Newsstand publications.
The theme is designed to be beautiful yet subtle, giving your carefully crafted content the attention it deserves.
There are 24 templates included in the package. We have crafted 8 principal layouts, and chosen three complementary colours (mint, berry and pumpkin).
- Featured image at top, with the title below.
- Featured image at top, with the title & subtitle combined together.
- Featured image at top, behind the article title.
- Featured image at top, with the title & subtitle combined together over the top.
- Light repeated pattern behind the header.
- Light repeated pattern in the header, with the title & subtitle combined together
- Dark repeated pattern behind the header.
- Dark repeated pattern in the header, with the title & subtitle combined together
The templates are designed to be flexible, so you can easily use them as a starting point. For example, you can easily use a different pattern in the header by simply setting it as the article’s featured image. (For a good source of patterns, we recommend http://subtlepatterns.com/).
Built with Compass
If you’re familiar with Compass and Sass, you’ll be right at home editing the templates. We have organized the templates so that you can easily change a template settings and generate your own variations.
And if you’re not familiar with Compass, don’t worry. You can edit the CSS file without touching the Compass/Sass files.
Need an online blog to complement your iOS Newsstand presence? We have also released a Huckleberry theme for Ghost.
- Retina-ready assets
- 24 beautiful templates
- Built with Compass
- Sample content included
- Demo HTML files for each template provided
- PDF documentation provided
If you like the templates but there’s something stopping you from purchasing them, please tell us! We are always looking for ways to improve our products and we have a track record of updating products based on user feedback.