An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by JoNa
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Update the Hybrid WordPress Theme?
It’s very simple to update the Hybrid Theme: just override the files with the new ones. If you’ve added custom icons, make sure to re-import them again once you updated.
Here are step-by-step instructions:
- If you added custom icons, make sure that you have a backup of your Icons Collection:
If you don’t have the ZIP file downloaded from IcoMoon anymore, then go to the “Icons” tab in the Theme Options page and click Download Current Icons Font File (this file is to be imported into IcoMoon).
- Download the latest version of Hybrid from your Downloads page.
- Connect to your site through FTP (see FTP tutorial) and replace all files from the previous version with the new files. Once connected via FTP, the path should be something like:
/hybrid/folder contains the files to be replaced. You could simply rename this folder to
/hybrid-old/and upload the new “hybrid” folder that you would have extracted from the ZIP file downloaded from ThemeForest.
- If you had custom icons, import your Icons Collection:
Go to the “Icons” tab in the Theme Options page and import the ZIP file generated by IcoMoon.
Third-party plugins aren’t working properly
The Hybrid Theme is using edge technologies for which third-party plugins might not yet be compatible with. The good news is that you can very simply downgrade or adjust some of the features in order to make your site compatible with older plugins.
Go to the “Under the Hood” tab in the Theme Options page, and check the “Use Default WordPress jQuery” option.
Next, go to the “Miscellaneous” tab in the Theme Options page, and disable the “Smooth-scroll All Internal Links” feature.
Images are missing or not loading
If the slider images, logo, thumbnails etc. won’t load (empty
src="" attribute), then make sure that either GD or Imagick is installed and enabled on your server.
Images appear in very low quality
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.