An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, WPExplorer, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through this item’s comments.
Additional information from WPExplorer:
Support is provided 100% for free with the purchase of the product. When you purchase a product you are paying for the product itself and not the support. We offer free support to help with any issues or concerns you may have when using our products.Who can receive support
- People asking pre-purchase questions
- Users that have the PURCHASED tag next to their user name
- Responding to pre-purchase inquiries
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new WordPress versions
- Customization, web design and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
- Making edits to the theme to suit your needs (suggestions are welcomed though)
- Simply leave a comment (you must be signed into ThemeForest) on the product that you need help with.
- If you have an issue where you need to share a URL or logins please contact us via the form on our Profile page so that we can assist you accordingly.
- Before asking questions, read the help fie (it’s in the “Main Files” ZIP) and FAQ below.
- Please remember you have purchased a “theme” and not access to an ever ending freelancer/web developer.
- Keep things professional and be nice!
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the theme’s changelog?
Where are the documentation files?
The documentation files are provided in HTML format inside a folder called “Documentation” that is included with your purchase. You’ll need to download the “main files”, unzip them and you’ll find the docs right in there!
How do I upload Sample Data?
When you go to download your purchase click on Download->Main files. After this folder downloads, unzip it and locate the folder called “SampleData”.
Within this folder you will find sample data for your WP install and also for your slider.
To install your WordPress sample data log into your WP install and browse to Tools->Import and follow the instructions.
After the import is complete you should have all the posts/pages from the demo with dummy images.
After uploading sample data
- Go to Appearance->Menu to set your menu locations.
- Go to Appearance->Widgets to add your widgets (widgets aren’t included in a WordPress export)
- Set your homepage at Settings->Reading using the “Home” page as a static page.
- Go to Appearance->Theme Options to setup your theme options.
How do I first setup my homepage?
- Create a new page
- Select the “Home” template
- Browse to Settings -> Reading
- For “Front page displays” select “A Static Page”
- Choose the page created earlier
- “Posts page:” can be left blank (best) because you can create your blog page using the “Blog” template.
- Go to Appearance -> Theme Options to edit your homepage options.
Where is the theme admin panel located?
To access your theme options panel simply log into your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance->Theme Options. Here you will find all the different settings for your theme.
How do I locate/create my portfolio archive?
WordPress automatically will create an archive for your portfolio custom post type. This will be located at yoursite.com/portfolio/ if you are using “pretty” permalinks. Otherwise with the default permalinks it will be at yoursite.com/?post_type=portfolio
If you alter the slug of your portfolio post type via the admin settings then the URL will now be the same as your new slug.
How do I add multiple images to my portfolio post to create a slider?
To create the slider just enable the slider via the meta options then upload more image attachments to your post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIcRKzzlsVY
How do I enable Breadcrumbs?
This theme supports the breadcrumbs in the “WordPress SEO” plugin by Yoast. The breadcrumbs aren’t built-into the theme itself. Not only is this SEO plugin the best one out there, but their breadcrumbs system is fantastic so its probably the best way to include breadcrumbs on your site and our theme includes the code necessary to display them.http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/
How do I setup my contact page?
For our themes we generally just use some shortcodes to create a new contact page layout. You would get this if you upload the sample data, otherwise it’s not hard to re-create or make your own fancy contact page using the included shortcodes.
The contact form itself is not built-in. Contact forms shouldn’t ever be built-into a theme. That said, we provide support for a great free plugin called “Contact Form 7”. So we recommend you download and use this one: http://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/
How do I add my blog page?
We include a blog template with the theme. To create your blog page simply create a new regular page then select the Blog template.
If it doesn’t work, make sure under Settings -> Reading the option for “Posts page” is set to nothing. Otherwise it can conflict
How do I fix 404 Errors?
If you are getting any 404 errors on your site most the time it can be fixed by re-saving your permalink settings.
Go to Settings->Permalinks and click the save button
How can I change my image cropping dimensions?
All the image sizes are defined in functions/image-default-sizes.php here you can easily alter your image sizes. You could even copy the whole function into a child theme and override accordingly.
For example to alter the portfolio entries you would edit the following code:
//portfolio entries if( $args == 'portfolio_entry_width' ) return '400'; if( $args == 'portfolio_entry_height' ) return '320'; if( $args == 'portfolio_entry_crop' ) return true;
It should be pretty self-explanatory how to modify this
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.