If you’re using or considering purchasing Imperial, you may want to take a look at my new theme Conduit. It has a similar visual style, and is backwards compatible with Imperial. Meaning, your reviews will be in tact.
Imperial is a theme with no specific focus. It’s not sure if it wants to be a personal blog, or house an online magazine. It’s not even sure if it’s black or white, for that matter!
- WordPress menu for the main navigation.
- Standard featured images (post thumbnails), with fall-back custom field method for images.
- Support for custom backgrounds.
- Custom built reviews module allows you to easily add any type of review (product, service, etc.) to a post.
- 2 full colour schemes – dark and light.
- User specified “accent” colour can be chosen from a colour picker in WP-Admin for easy customization.
- Custom built theme settings panel within WP-Admin that allows you to customize the theme without editing any templates.
- Flexible logo space allows images up to 900px wide and any height. Image path and dimensions are entered in WP-Admin.
- Easily link to social networks you take part in, with support for 37 of the most popular sites.
- Both sidebars are widgetized.
- Custom widgets for the 3 main ad spots (4 125×125 buttons, 300×250 bigbox, 160×600 skyscraper). 728×90 leaderboard and 468×60 banner also supported.
- Super lean markup and CSS , makes advanced customization a pleasure.
- Tested on Windows and Mac. Looks great in all modern browsers. Some details are toned down for older versions of IE, but nothing is broken.
- Support for Twitter Tools, FlickrRSS, WP-PageNavi, and Subscribe to Comments plugins out of the box.
- Original PSD included!
Version 1.9 – Released: 10/24/2012
- Now loading WP bundled jQuery instead of theme’s own version. This should improve compatible with plugins that use jQuery.
- Fixed a bug which messed up the header for the RSS widget.
- Added new social icons: 500px, Apple, App Store, Behance, Deviant Art, Etsy, Foursquare, Gdgt, GitHub, Instagram, iTunes, Pinterest, Quora, Skype, Yahoo!, Yelp.
- Removed social icons: Dopplr, FriendFeed, GameSpot, Mixx, Mobile Me, Netvibes, Newsvine, Technorati.
- Change social icon set to IconDock’s Vector Social Media icons.
- Added CSS transitions to social icons for a bit of extra flare.
- Updated TimThumb to 2.8.10.
Version 1.8 – Released: 12/22/2011
- Fixed custom backgrounds for WP 3 .3.
- Replaced a bunch of deprecated functions through-out.
- Updated bundled jQuery to 1.7.1, Slides JS to 1.1.9, and TimThumb to 2.8.5.
Support & Feature Requests
First – read the help documentation that came bundled with the theme. It is also available on the theme’s live preview site.
Please send me a direct message via ThemeForest if you’re having trouble with your theme, and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Please be patient, as I work freelance full time and do not have dedicated time for theme support. I will not answer support requests left as comments here.
Also, it would be a good idea to a read through my Terms of Support document, which outlines the extent of support I offer, and information regarding updates, warranty, and compatibility.