Inceptio is a responsive multi-purpose WordPress theme with very flexible customization possibilities that can be successfully used for business, portfolio, and personal websites.
Wide and Boxed Layouts
You can customize the entire layout of your website with Inceptio choosing between wide and boxed.
Advanced Admin Panel
Change colors, fonts styles, font sizes, background patterns, background colors, etc., using the theme’s Advanced Admin Panel.
Responsive Design (with Unresponsive Option)
Inceptio is responsive down to mobile phones. You have the possibility of disabling the responsiveness mode with just one click.
Unlimited Color Options
You can choose between 10 predefined colors or you can quickly define your own colors.
Two Sliders Included: Revolution Slider and FlexSlider
Inceptio includes the Revolution Slider premium WordPress plugin, as well as FlexSlider.
10+ Page Templates and 35 Shortcodes with Generator
Flexibility is one key feature of the Inceptio theme. You have 10+ layout possibilities with variations. The theme also includes 35 shortcodes with a shortcode generator which will allow you to create your content very easily.
Google and Local OS Fonts Support
You can add any Google font or use your operating system’s fonts.
Newsletter Integration with MailChimp
The newsletter feature allows you to stay in communication with the people who want to keep up with you.
reCAPTCHA Anti-Spam System Integration
With the Inceptio theme, you can protect your website from spam by using a reCAPTCHA.
Translation Ready and WPML Compatible
The .po and .mo files have been included for an easy translation of your site and the theme is 100% compatible with qTranslate, too. Inceptio also includes a language switcher where you can add your own languages.
The theme allows you to create new sidebars through Theme Options and use them in your pages.
Easy to Customize Using WordPress Filters
Inceptio contains several WordPress filters and actions which allow you to customize the theme in depth without being necessary to modify its source code.
Child Theme Compatible
Inceptio is very flexible. You can easily extend the theme using child themes. The .zip archive also includes a default child theme.
You can create lots of combinations of new templates using the default templates, plus the customizations.
With one click, you can import the theme’s online demo to your WordPress and see how to build the pages.
PSD Files Included
Inceptio comes with several PSD files: three homepages, ‘about us’ content page, sliced elements.
The theme has an online documentation that is very easy to access directly from your WordPress admin console.
Inceptio is compatible with WPML and certified by Wpml.org. Check it out here.
Customer support is available on our customer support forum.
Perfect theme, perfect support inceptio theme is best to Envato! Thank you ixtendo
This is an awesome theme with great support. The design of is it very aesthetically pleasing, and the customization is easy to work with. FANTASTIC documentation. 5/5, for sure.
Have to say, your theme is awesome … enhancement awesome … Best theme ever that I have seen so far.
Keep it up, Tom
I just installed the theme and did the demo clone import. That was the coolest thing I have ever seen We are always installing themes from Themeforest and I have to walk through setting it up exactly like the demo before we start. This process saves me at least an hour. Keep the themes coming and we’ll keep buying
This is an awesome theme with great support by the developer. The design is clean and very well structured. Set up is easy and well documented. I had one or two minor issues which have been resolved very quickly.
I’ve been developing a website for a customer using the Inceptio theme and the guys at Ixtendo have been fantastic all the way, supporting me with any queries that I have. Keep up the good work.
Just a quick note to thank you, and let the community know about your excellent and responsive support. The Inceptio theme is at once beautiful, comprehensive, and easy to use. When I have had questions or requests, you have responded immediately, and your custom code snippets have worked perfectly.
Versions and Updatesv1.14 – 10.09.2014
- Improvement: Upgraded the Revolution Slider plugin to version 4.6.0
- Improvement: Added the possibility of translating the error messages generated by the jQuery Validate through the WordPress translation files (the .po files located in the lang folder)
- Improvement: Increased the opening speed of the Shortcode Editor dialog
- Improvement: Added the possibility of selecting the sidebar for the blog overview page
- Added new filter: inc_contact_form_email_body – allows changing the email content of the contact form
- Added new filter: inc_contact_form_recipients – allows changing the recipients of the contact form
- Improvement: Upgraded the Revolution Slider plugin to version 4.1.4
- Fixed bug: fixed the Twitter API url. Changed the protocol from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Added new feature: added the id and the class attribute for all shortcodes
- Added new feature: added the possibility of including the partner logos in the carousel
- Added new filter: inc_page_title – allows you to filter the page title
- Fixed bug: fixed the sidebar name retrieval method
v1.12 – 23.12.2013
- Added new feature: added mobile detection function. In the api/util.php file, you can find the inc_is_device_type_of() method which checks the current device type.
- Added new feature: all the shortcodes have the display_on attribute. The value of the display_on attribute can be: all, computer, tablet, mobile, or any combination of these, separated by comma
- Added new feature: added the possibility of displaying or not the sliders on mobiles and tablets through the Slider Settings popup
- Added new shortcode: [display on=”“] – display or not the inner content on different devices. The value of the ‘on’ attribute can be: all, computer, tablet, mobile, or any combination of these, separated by comma
- Added new feature: in the [btn] shortcode, all the HTML attributes can be used. Example: [btn onclick=”alert(‘hello’); return false;” href=”#”]Test[/btn]
- Added new feature: added the possibility of controlling the display of the post meta (data, author, categories and comments) through Theme Options/Blog & Portfolio Settings
- Fixed WP 3.8 bug: fixed the expand/collapse functionality in the Theme Options categories
v1.11 – 11.11.2013
- Improvement: added the alt value for all images (needed for SEO plugins)
- Improvement: added the alt attribute on [img] shortcode
- Improvement: replaced the rel attribute on links with data-fancybox-group HTML5 attribute (for W3C validation)
- Improvement: replaced the rel attribute on main menu links with data-rel HTML5 attribute (for W3C validation)
- Added new filter: inc_register_shortcode – allows controlling which shortcodes to be registered
- Added new filter: inc_attachment_sharing_content – allows changing the sharing template for the attachment page template
- Added new feature: added template for image attachment
- Added new feature: added the possibility of changing the hellip sign (present in the blog overview page) with a “read more” link
- Added new feature: added support for the slider component from jQueryUI
- Added new feature: added the possibility of choosing between colored and monochromatic social media icons through Theme Options
- Improvement: replaced the footer copyright textfield with textarea in the Theme Options.
- Fixed bug: fixed the Twitter widget response reading. In some situations, when the tweets were very big, the answer sent by Twitter was incompletely read.
- Fixed bug: fixed the slider caption translation using qTranslate. The caption title and the caption content were not filtered and, because of this, these two files could not be translated using qTranslate.
- Improvement: added new attributes to the [tabs] shortcode:
– active: specify which panel is currently open
– disabled: specify a comma-separated list of disabled tabs
– height_style: controls the height of the tabs widget and each panel. Possible values: auto, fill, content
- Improvement: added new attributes for the [toggles] shortcode:
– disabled: disables the accordion or one toggle if set to true
– height_style: controls the height of the accordion and each panel. Possible values: auto, fill, content
- Improvement: added the RSS missing link to the footer page
- Fixed bug: fixed Google+ sharing in post sharing section
v1.8.1 – 24.09.2013
- Fixed bug: fixed the top search field disappearance when the user typed a text
- Improvement: replaced the call of the $.browser method (which was removed in jQuery 1.10) with a specialized library able to detect the browser’s name and version
- Improvement: replaced the jQuery bind method with on
- Added new feature: added the url attribute for the team member shortcode
- Added new feature: added a new shortcode [contact] which allows you to display a contact address in the page which will look like the contact address in the footer
- Added new feature: incorporated the [audio] shortcode added since WordPress 3.6
- Added new feature: incorporated the [video] shortcode added since WordPress 3.6
- Fixed bug: fixed the ddlevelsmenu in SSL mode
- Fixed bug: fixed the date format in the Recent Posts widget
- Fixed bug: fixed the errors generated by the ie.js script
- Fixed bug: fixed the design of the search field in the search widget
- Fixed bug: when the Latest Posts page was set as a front page, the image of the first post was displayed twice
- Fixed bug: fixed the menu animation when the menu items are opened at the left-hand side of their parent
- Added new template: added the Blog Overview template. With this template, you can create multiple Blog Overview pages filtered by categories or tags
- Added new feature: added the possibility of displaying the page title in Front Page through Theme Options
- Added new filter: inc_news_shortcode_settings – allows changing the display of the comments for the News shortcode
- Added new filter: inc_blog_overview_settings – allows changing the display of the author, categories or comments for the Blog Overview page
- Created theme compatibility with WordPress 3.6
- Fixed bug: fixed the accordion content height in the shortcode editor for WordPress 3.6 (shortcode-editor.js).
- Fixed bug: fixed the jQuery popup z-index issue for WordPress 3.6 (shortcode-editor.js, media-editor.js).
- Fixed bug: fixed a Theme Option save bug. When saving the theme options, the HTML tags for the hidden input values were removed.
- Added new feature: when no portfolio project details are specified, then the Project Details sidebar is not displayed (sidebar-portfolio.php).
- Added new feature: added the [gmap] shortcode for the Google map. With this shortcode you can add the Google map several times in any page.
- Added new feature: added the [tootltip] shortcode. With this shortcode, you can add a tooltip on the span or div elements.
- Added new feature: added the tooltip attribute on the [btn] shortcode. With this attribute, you can set a tooltip on the button.
- Added new feature: added the mobile phone attribute on the Contact widget.
- Added new feature: added support for nested grid columns (a maximum of 3 levels is supported)
- Added new feature: added support for logo text (when the logo image is missing, the blog name is displayed)
- Added new feature: added styles for the Contact 7 form WP plugin
- Added new feature: externalized in the .po files the translatable words for the jQueryTwitter plugin
- Added new feature: added redirect support for the form shortcode
- Added new filter: inc_color_style_template_path – allows changing the path to the color style template
- Added new filter: inc_post_overview_query_args – allows changing the query values in the posts overview page
- Added new filter: inc_post_overview_query_args – allows changing the query values in the posts overview page
- Added new feature: included a child theme in the main archive
- Added new feature: added new attributes to the post_gallery shortcode: no_image, no_image_src used to display a default image for those posts that don’t have any image/slider set on them.
- Fixed bug: included the WordPress custom CSS classes in the main menu items (Inceptio_Main_Menu_Walker.php)
- Fixed bug: the carousel parameters (animation speed, easing, etc.) weren’t taken into account
- Fixed bug: the target attribute for the image links wasn’t taken into account
- Fixed bug: when the internet connection was slow, the portfolio overview items were displayed overlapped
- Fixed bug: replaced the get_the_date() function with get_the_time() because the output of the get_the_date() function wasn’t processed correctly by the qTranslate WP plugin
- Fixed bug: fixed the post sharing URL
- Fixed bug: FlexSlider loading images problem on IE (custom.js)
- Fixed bug: on the iPad, the click didn’t work on a menu item that had children and an URL set on it
- Added new feature: added new template for the Portfolio categories (template-portfolio-category.php)
- Added new feature: added new built-in sidebar – Portfolio Category Sidebar (functions.php, sidebar-portfolio-category.php)
- Added new feature: added the possibility of specifying the filters order through Portfolio Overview Configure Dialog
- Added new feature: added the possibility of specifying the list of recipients for the contact form through the “recipients” attribute (Inc_Form_Shortcode.php)
- Added new feature: added the form types: number, datepicker (custom.js, Inc_Form_Shortcode.php)
- Added new feature: added new attribute for the [form] shortcode: classes (Inc_Form_Shortcode.php)
- Added new feature: added new attributes for the [slider] shortcode: control_nav and direction_nav (Inc_Slider_Shortcode.php)
- Improvement: regenerated the demo data based on WordPress
Note: Check out the updates folder in the download package.v1.3 – 15.06.2013
- Updated the Twitter widget
Note: For a quick update of your theme, in the theme package, we included a patch called twitter-patch.v1.2 – 11.06.2013
- Fixed bug: when there was an iframe without the src attribute in the page, the custom.js file threw an error
- Added new feature: WPML plugin integration
- Added new feature: the Revolution Slider captions can be translated with qTranslate
- Added new feature: the user can hide the portfolio items meta information in the Portfolio Overview page
- Added new template: Portfolio – Without Sidebar (template-portfolio-nosidebar.php)
- Added new feature: the shortcodes can be used in content featured and footer featured
- Added new feature: the FlexSlider slider can be duplicated
- Added new feature: the icon_box shortcode can now also not have an icon
- Added new feature: the Contact Details widgets can be synchronized with the contact details set in Theme Options
- Added new filter: inc_breadcrumb_template – allows changing the breadcrumb structure
- Added new filter: inc_portfolio_overview_settings – allows changing the portfolio overview items
- Added new filter: inc_shortcodes_settings – allows changing the shortcodes settings (optionally, the iconboxes and portfolio items can now have the same height)
- Fixed issue: added CSS styles to the Revolution Slider plugin (plugins/revslider.zip)
- Fixed issue: changed the HTML structure for the footer featured (footer-featured.php)
- Fixed issue: FlexSlider loading images problem on IE (custom.js)
- Added new template: Contact Page – Right Sidebar + Full Width Map (template-page-contact-fwmap.php)
- Added new template: Contact Page – Without Sidebar + Full Width Map (template-page-contact-nosidebar-fwmap.php)
- Added new template: Portfolio Overview – With Pagination (template-portfolio-overview-pagination.php)
- Added new filter: inc_breadcrumb – allows changing the breadcrumb structure (breadcrumb.php)
- Added new filter: inc_language_id – allows changing the language ISO code (functions.php)
- Added new filter: inc_language_flag – allows changing the language flag URL image (functions.php)
- Added new filter: inc_language_link – allows changing the language URL (functions.php)
- Added language switcher (language-switcher.php, custom.js, functions.php, header.php)
- Added new translation files (es_ES.po, it_IT.po, nl_NL.po, sv_SV.po)
- Added the possibility to change the slider layout: boxed or wide (Page_Media_Manager.php)
- Added two actions when the thumbnail is clicked in the portfolio overview page:
- open the lightbox with the attached images
- navigate directly to the page
v1.0 – Initial release