An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, Webtreats, does not currently provide support.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which homepage slider stageing option should I choose?
Full is designed for people who want to create their own stageing effects. No processing is done to the image and it is allowed to fill the full size of the header region 960px * 400px. Here’s a couple examples of this methods intended use:
Full Cropped is designed to be hassle-free and will take unprocessed images of any size and crop and frame them to create the effect seen below:
Staged is designed to be somewhat in the middle. It is cropped height-wize to fit in the stageing effect seen below, but it allows for a variable width. This way the image can blend into the text, truncated just short of it, or the image can stand alone with the text disabled.
Why do I see the spinning loading image on the portfolio gallery but the image doesn’t load.
This is probably an issue with the TimThumb image resizing script, which some servers have trouble with. If you google “troubleshooting timthumb” the first couple results are really helpful at getting it to work on any server.
To confirm that this is the issue, try resizing the images manually to the exact dimensions needed, so the script isn’t called.
If you are using the full portfolio view the
“Portfolio Gallery Image” field needs to be 447px * 246px and the
“Portfolio Fullsize Image” field needs to be 945px x 516px
If you are using the gallery portfolio view the
“Portfolio Gallery Image” field needs to be 276px * 151px and the “Portfolio Fullsize Image” field needs to be 945px x 516px
If this is in fact the issue, and you don’t want to troubleshoot your server, the quick fix is to just resize the images manually.
How do I have a standard blog layout on the homepage instead of the slider?
To have the blog on the homepage here’s the steps:
1. Go to the Blog tab in the inFocus admin panels, and then select the page you would like the blog to show up on.
2. Go to “Settings > Reading” in the wordpress menu and set the same page you chose in step 1 as your static front page.
3. If you don’t want the blog page to show up in the menu, go to the Navigation tab in the inFocus admin panels and hide it.
Why are my shortcodes not working? Why are my column layouts not lining up?
There are a couple tricks.
1. Whenever you are using multiple shortcodes next to each-other put a single space between them or wordpress will not be able to recognize them.
2. With the column layouts we’ve created some code snippets here:
so you can see examples of the proper formatting.
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.