An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by boostdevelopers
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I control the number of posts that display on the homepage on initial page load?
Go to (WordPress) Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most. Choose the number of posts that you would like to display on initial page load. This is also the number of posts that will load when you click the load-more button.
When I try to install your theme I get the error message: “The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.”
This happens when you try to upload the entire zip folder that you downloaded from Themeforest. This folder contains a lot of things beside the theme itself. So you should: 1) Unzip the zip folder you downloaded 2) Inside you will see another zip folder called inspire.zip, this is the file you need to upload to WordPress to install the theme.
I have just installed your theme but now all my images seem to have the wrong sizes and do not fit your theme.
You should download the plugin “Regenerate Thumbnails” and run it. This will create copies of your images in the sizes needed by the theme. Don’t worry your original images will not be altered.
How do I make those photo, video and audio galleries like on your preview site?
To make a photo gallery like seen on the preview site:
- make a post with a featured image.
- give it a category like e.g. Photo Gallery.
- uncheck all components except the featured image component in the Inspire post settings box. (so that only the image appears.)
– in inspire settings > homepage > filter menu: INCLUDE Photo gallery category in filter menu, but EXCLUDE it from show all.
- now you have a link to your gallery in the filter menu and you can continue adding posts/images using the steps described above.
– it looks nice if your images have the same dimensions (we use square images) so that the images appear in a nice pattern.
For video and audio galleries instead of using a featured image use media instead and put in a media link (embed code).
Where can I find my Item Purchase Code?
- Log into your Themeforest account
- In main dropdown menu (hover your username) choose Downloads.
- On your list of downloads click the Donwload button next to our theme.
- A new dropdown menu appears. Select License certificate & purchase code. Download text file.
- Open text file and look for Item Purchase Code.
- Copy paste Item purchase code and input when submitting support ticket on Ticksy.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.