Journal is the ultimate OpenCart theme with best in class features and hundreds of customization possibilities giving you total control over your store. Journal can be as simple and clean or as complex and colorful as you want it to be. Check out the Admin Panel (user:demo pass:demo)
Compatible with OpenCart versions: 126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52 / 1.5.6
BLOG MANAGER READY
The most powerful blog extension for Opencart is compatible with Journal and all of its skins.
Blog Manager is sold separately here.
BLOG MANAGER READY
Enjoy powerful blogging right from within your store. This popular module is now compatible with Journal and all its extra skins. Blog Manager is sold separately here.
Finally, a flexible category menu that lets you build complex navigation systems with custom items or existing categories, or sub-categories. All you have to do is name your menu items whatever you want, then add sub-menus consisting of other custom items (with custom links) or existing categories. You can create unlimited nested sub-categories and they will be displayed in a multiple-level drop-down menu. You have full control over what categories you want to show in your menu.
Choose from 1220px wide screen layout offering more room for everything or standard 980px width, showing more of the background. Both options are ultra responsive all the way down to 320px.
FULLSCREEN BACKGROUNDS or SLIDESHOWS MODULE
Create unlimited fullscreen backgrounds or slideshow modules and place them anywhere on your site. (Different backgrounds on different pages). You can position modules globally on all pages, or on a page by page basis. You can have Fullscreen Backgrounds on some pages, and a nice pattern on others. The module offers 8 transition effects, timing and autoplay options. Every module instance has its own transitions and settings. You can create custom layouts for every individual product or category and place a different module on any particular page. You have total control over your store’s backgrounds!
CUSTOM SECTIONS MODULE
Tired of the same old “Featured, Specials, etc” modules you find in every theme? Finally, you can create your own custom product sections and name them whatever you want. You can add any number of products to any of them and place unlimited modules with different sets of products on different pages. One module instance can have one single section or as many as you can fit on the page. You can still use the standard OpenCart modules (Featured, Specials, Bestsellers, etc.) if you want to, now you just have more control over your products.
SAVE YOUR OWN CUSTOM SKINS
Modify any of the provided skins and save your changes as your very own custom skins. Customize and save every setting from the control panel, including colors, background patterns, fonts and even any custom code. Endless creative possibilities!
Responsive Camera slider module with 24 transitions editable from the Admin Panel. Place multiple modules on any page. (Top sliders, Side Column banners, etc) Every module instance has its own transitions and settings. The slider module is not constrained by the main content width and can accommodate any image dimensions. You can make a 2000px wide slider and it will stretch the full width of the window, scaling down proportionally if you resize the browser.
RESPONSIVE PROMO BANNERS
Place any number of promo banners on any page. Modules can have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or any number of images per row.
SMART SALE BADGE
The discount badge automatically calculates the % difference between the old price and the new price. You can customize font, font options, color and background color.
CLOUD ZOOM + RESPONSIVE PRODUCT GALLERY
Industry standard cloud zoom available on product page main image, now with 2 options: inner zoom or outside the image. Additionally, clicking the main product image will bring up the responsive Swipebox gallery and you can browse through all additional images with arrows, keyboard or swipe gestures on mobile devices.
INCREMENTAL QUANTITY BUTTONS & SELECT SIZE BUTTONS
We’ve included the option to have incremental buttons on the product quantity input box, as well as the ability to replace the select list for product sizes with buttons to save your users unnecessary clicks. Check out the product page. All these are optional from the Control Panel.
Change nearly every element’s color or background color from the Control Panel.
Transparent colors are supported. This is very useful for hiding and showing certain elements. Just leave any color’s field empty and that item becomes transparent.
Choose from millions of patterns readily available on the web. You can add background patterns to Body, Header, Main Content, Side Module and Footer to create unique and distinct looks.
600+ GOOGLE FONTS
Choose from over 600 Google fonts. You can fine tune sizes, weights, styles and text-transforms on over 20 individual elements for ultimate control over your typography.
CUSTOM MENUS WITH OPTIONAL ICONS
Use the default OpenCart top menus or create your own with custom icons. You can create static announcements like phone numbers or hyperlinks. Additional custom menus and sub-menus can be added to the main navigation bar, appended after the OpenCart category menus.
Social icons with optional Facebook Like Box. Custom contacts sections with custom icons. Custom HTML text block. Custom payment cards and custom copyright notice.
CUSTOM CODE BOX
Your store too heavy? Optionally display a loading overlay with a custom spinner icon while your pages are loading.
Optionally show a semi-transparent pattern over your fullscreen backgrounds. It can be helpful to offset lower resolution images when stretched to fullscreen. It also looks cool and you have the ability to turn it on/off and upload your own pattern in the Control Panel.
NO CORE FILES REPLACED
Journal does not replace any OpenCart files. The only requirement is a single line of code added to the main index file for routing to the Journal Control Panel.
DOCUMENTATION & SUPPORT
Get going fast with our extensive documentation and quick response support system.
POWERFUL CONTROL PANELJournal comes with a very powerful admin panel where you can customize hundreds of settings. Change nearly every element’s color and choose from over 600 Google fonts to create unique combinations and save your creations as custom skins instantly.
TRUE FULLSCREEN BACKGROUND/SLIDESHOWSThis is not a scaled up slider to 1920px or any fixed dimensions, this is true fullscreen from edge to edge, always fitting your images proportionally within your screen. This is a module, you can place it on any layout, not just the home page. Moreover, we’ve realized the need to have the same fullscreen module on ALL existing layouts without having to add modules to each layout, thus creating the Global layout, which places the module on all pages in your site. There are 8 transitions to choose from (each modules has its own settings) and the ability to turn it off on mobile devices in order to preserve valuable resources.
YOUR VERY OWN PRODUCT MODULESFinally, a new and better way to showcase your products on any page. Each Custom Sections module is comprised of one or multiple sections that each contain its own set of products. You’re not limited by the “Featured” or “Special” or “Latest” modules anymore. You can name your modules “Popular”, “Sale”, “New Arrivals” or whatever you like and attach any products you want to them. When a module with multiple sections is added to a page and one of the sections is clicked on, all products assigned to that section will filter in view, while all others will hide, with smooth css animations. Click on the image below to check out the Admin Panel for this module.
Update instructions are found in the Documentation (scroll to bottom).
v. 1.8.2 – September 23, 2013
- Fix to Mega Menu display of “&”
- Added sort order to slides in Revolution Slider
- Fix to Refined Images with a single sub-category
- Other general css fixes
v. 1.8.1 – August 20, 2013
- Important fix to the Revolution Slider module
- Added link option to captions in Revolution Slider
- Added Absolute Positioning for captions in Revolution Slider for more precise positioning on responsive layouts.
- Added option to set your own character limit in quickview description
v. 1.8.0 – August 12, 2013
- Added Revolution Slider module
- Added Catalog Mode feature
- Added Thumb Limit + Hover Effect to the Photo Gallery
- Added link option to the Mega Menu top item
v. 1.7.5 – August 6, 2013
- Fixed a Mega Menu issue on iPad
- Added Photo Gallery module
- Added font option for the Breadcrumbs
v. 1.7.4 – August 5, 2013
- Opencart 1.5.6 compatibility
- New default skin Journal V
- General Fixes and Improvements
v. 1.7.3 – July 24, 2013
- Added multi-store to the Mega Menu
- Added max sub-categories option in the Mega Menu.
- Added global option to the Custom Product Tabs
- Added support for flexible Refined Categories Images dimensions (input your own custom size)
- Added carousel option to the Refined Categories Images (with mobile swipe support)
- Added Cloud Zoom option to the Quickview
- General fixes and improvements
v. 1.7.1 – July 16, 2013
- Fixed an issue with the Update Button that occurred in v1.7
- Fixed the “default section” checkbox on the Custom Sections module
v. 1.7 – July 15, 2013
- Added Mega Menu feature
- Added Custom Product Tabs
- General fixes and improvements
v. 1.6.2 – June 14, 2013
- Guest checkout field validation fixed
- Important fix to the Control Panel Import/Export mechanism
v. 1.6 – June 12, 2013
- Added Search Auto-Suggest
- Added Product Slider Module – Create unlimited product sliders throughout your store (side columns only)
- Added Custom Side Blocks – Put any HTML content in these blocks, full control over position and appereance.
- Multi-store functionality – Save different Control Panel settings for each store.
- Import/Export Control Panel settings. Backup all your custom settings and reimport them on new installations.
- Added new fonts – all google fonts.
- Added control panel deeplinking – now it stays on the same tab after you save changes.
- General fixes
v. 1.5.3 – May 21, 2013
- Fixed Custom Sections bug (overlapping product grid)
- Other minor fixes
v. 1.5.2 – May 16, 2013
- Added Quickview option to product list
- Fixed currency dropdown with single currency
- Other important fixes
v. 1.5.1 – May 15, 2013
- Added larger logo option
- Added smaller grid option (5 products per row)
- Important fixes
v. 1.5 – May 13, 2013
- Added QuickView option to product grid
- Added language and currency dropdown option
- Added accordion effect to side category module
- Added mobile touch support to Journal Slider
- Improved mobile performance
- Important fixes & general improvements
v. 1.4.1 – April 28, 2013
- Important CSS fix
- Additional Multiple-Level Menu color options in the control panel
v. 1.4 – April 27, 2013
- Multiple-Level Categories Menu. See documentation entry (Journal Control Panel/Custom Menus/Multiple-Level Menu)
- Backgrounds position and repeat options (Control Panel/General/Backgrounds)
- Notification timeout (admin option)
- Top Links separate border color option
- Hide category image, but keep refined images (admin option)
- Important fixes and general improvements
v. 1.3.4 – April 17, 2013
- Important CSS fix
- Fixed font import sub-set issue
- Added product name truncate option (Control Panel/General/Product/Product Name Overflow)
v. 1.3.3 – April 15, 2013
- Left column support. You can now place modules on either side, Column Left or Column Right. See important notice in Installation & Setup / Side Columns
- General improvements
v. 1.3.2 – April 11, 2013
- Minor CSS fix
v. 1.3.1 – April 10, 2013
- Added custom notification for Add to Cart, Add to Wishlist, Add to Compare
- Minor CSS fixes
v. 1.3 – April 8, 2013
- Added wide layout option, max width 1220px
- Added responsive product gallery with touch/swipe support (Product page)
- Added option to Cloud Zoom, innner or outer zoom (Product page)
- Added option to upload own social icons + sort order (Footer)
- Added full-width product grid images. Image size requirements have changed, See Installation & Setup / Activate Theme in the Documentation for details.
- CSS fixes and general improvements
v. 1.2 – April 1, 2013
- Added optional incremental buttons to the products quantity input
- Added optional alternative to select lists with buttons
- Added option to turn off Cloud Zoom
- Added option to choose product grid hover effect
- Added option to choose share plugin from Add This and Share This.
- CSS fixes and general improvements
v. 1.1.2 – March 22, 2013
- Updated css
v. 1.1.1 – March 21, 2013
- Icon only top menu (if present) on small mobile resolutions
- Updated main css file
- Blog Manager Integration
- Promo Banners Module
- Refine Category Images
- Extended Categories Menu Option
- New Clean and Minimal Skin (Journal IV)
- General Improvements & Bug Fixes
v. 1.0.0 – March 13, 2013 – Initial release