How to Import Demo Content the same as the demo site?
Below explanation is an step by step explanation on how to import our demo website content, please read carefully.
1. Login into your WordPress Admin section (http://www.your-web-site.com/wp-admin)
2. Go to Tools -> Import in the blog’s admin panels.
3. Click on the WordPress and follow the instructions if Import plugin isn’t installed yet (3.0+).
4. Browse the included demo_content.xml (XML file) from main Zip Package > DummyContent.zip and Upload the XML file.
5. You will first be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
6. Click the “Download and import file attachments” checkbox to download all image attachments. please note in our dummy content none of the images will be downloaded because of copyright restrictions.
7. WordPress will then import each of the posts, page, custom post types, comments, and categories contained in this file into your blog.
8. Notice that the Sidebar and Footer Widgets are not replicated on your imported demo content. You should be the one to create the widgets. To create widgets, navigate to the left sidebar menu of the WordPress’ Dashboard, then Appearance > Widgets. Just drag and drop the widgets on to the widgets area on the right side of the widgets page.
9. After this, you should also update the Menus by going to Appearance > Menus. Locate the Theme Locations box and select from the drop-down “Main Navigation” and “Footer Navigation” as respect to the locations the selectbox label indicates. Click the Save button under it to save the changes.
10. Done! You should now have the dummy/demo content similar from the Live Preview of the theme.