An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, artbees, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from artbees:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customisation and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Step by step on how to Import Demo Content
How to Import Demo Content the same as the demo site?
Below explanation is an step by step explanation on how to import our demo website content, please read carefully.
1. Login into your WordPress Admin section (http://www.your-web-site.com/wp-admin)
2. Go to Tools -> Import in the blog’s admin panels.
3. Click on the WordPress and follow the instructions if Import plugin isn’t installed yet (3.0+).
4. Browse the included demo_content.xml (XML file) from main Zip Package > DummyContent.zip and Upload the XML file.
5. You will first be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
6. Click the “Download and import file attachments” checkbox to download all image attachments. please note in our dummy content none of the images will be downloaded because of copyright restrictions.
7. WordPress will then import each of the posts, page, custom post types, comments, and categories contained in this file into your blog.
8. Notice that the Sidebar and Footer Widgets are not replicated on your imported demo content. You should be the one to create the widgets. To create widgets, navigate to the left sidebar menu of the WordPress’ Dashboard, then Appearance > Widgets. Just drag and drop the widgets on to the widgets area on the right side of the widgets page.
9. After this, you should also update the Menus by going to Appearance > Menus. Locate the Theme Locations box and select from the drop-down “Main Navigation” and “Footer Navigation” as respect to the locations the selectbox label indicates. Click the Save button under it to save the changes.
10. Done! You should now have the dummy/demo content similar from the Live Preview of the theme.
My Video backgrounds do not work
Ensure your server is using the correct mime-types. Firefox will not play the Ogg video if the mime-type is wrong. Place these lines in your .htaccess file to send the correct mime-types to browsers :
AddType video/ogg .ogv AddType video/mp4 .mp4 AddType video/webm .webm
The iPhone will not autoplay. This is done to save bandwidth which may cost some users, or be limited. It is not a bug, it’s a feature
HTML5 video (used in theme) on Android is badly broken. Resolution support varies from one handset to the next (often just 480×360), the fallback image usually doesn’t show and the code requires special adjustments. The Android emulator is completely useless as it doesn’t represent any real hardware and does not play HTML5 video. THERE IS NO WAY TO TEST ON ANDROID WITHOUT A PHYSICAL PHONE. BLAME GOOGLE.
Some web hosts, in trying to save bandwidth, gzip everything by default—including video files! In Firefox and Opera, seeking will not be possible or the video may not play at all if a video file is gzipped. If this is occurring to you please check your server / hosts and disable the gzipping of Ogg and other media files. You can switch off gzipping for video files in your .htaccess file by adding this line:
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.(og[gv]|mp4|m4v|webm)$ no-gzip dont-vary
We have added flash player fall back for older IE versions.
How to add custom @fontface?
If you need to add more fonts other than the list we offer in our themes then follow the below instruction :
1. Visit http://www.fontsquirrel.com/tools/webfont-generator 2. Click on “add fonts” and browse the font you need to import. 3. Check the agreement that you have permission to use it on your website. 4. Then hit the “download the kit” button 5. A zip file will be downloaded, unzip the file and open the folder. 6. Select the files with extensions “woff”, “ttf”, “svg” and “eot” and upload them into your fontface folder located in theme main folder root. you will need to have FTP access to do this action. 7. Once you have done with above steps, find stylesheet.css file located on the same folder you just downloaded. 8. Open the file and copy-paste the content into the same named file located in your theme’s main folder > fontface. You should add the code to the last line of the file. save the file and replace with the same file in your host (via FTP) 9. Once you have done with above steps you will find the custom font in the selectbox, so you can select and apply to any element you like.
How to install Woocommerce?
Since Woocommerce is a third party plugin we do NOT give support to questions, problems related to it. However we will cover an step by step instructions to get woocommerce ready to go.
1. Login to your wordpress and go to wp-admin
2. From left sidebar menu click on plugins > add new
3. On the seach field search for “woocommerce”
4. On the seach results install the first item : WooCommerce – excelling eCommerce
5. Once woocommerce is installed there will be a success message and you can optionally let plugin add all required pages such as short, cart, checkout,..
6. You may also import woocommerce dummy content. dummy_content.xml can be found on the main root folder of plugin, so you may need to download the plugin from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/woocommerce/ to get the dummy content. importing dummy content can be done from Wordpress > Tools > Import
7. before you to start using woocpmmerce you should also activate wocoomerce from Masterkey Settings. To do so head over to Masterkey Settings > Advanced > Woocommerce > Enable wocommerce. dont forget to save settings.
We are done and now you can start using woocommerce.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.