Laboratory is a responsive business theme(resize it in your browser) with a clear focus on the business segment. While it comes with lots of features, it’s not filled with complicated admin panels and it’s pretty easy to use and setup since it relies on the built in wordpress features. It’s also semantically coded and SEO friendly. To get a clearer description of what you will be getting, please check the “Scope & Philosophy” page from the demo where we created an indeph presentation of the theme.
- Responsive layout
- Intuitive, simply to use white label admin panel
- Theme Customizer with live previewer for changing colors
- Simple, lightweight yet powerful framework, easy to customize with more than 40 shortcodes
- switch between left and right aligned sidebar
- option to display the slider on all interior pages, not just the homepage
- Infinite skinning options using the Theme Customizer with live Previewer
- Blog post formats: standard, video, quote and link
- Custom made default gravatar
- Display portfolio posts anywhere in the theme
- Simple pictures upload for your blog & portfolios and page backgrounds via Worpdress Upload library
- Integrated breadcrumbs
- Slider can link to it’s own post or to any page you like
- White label admin panel
- Unlimited sidebars
- Widgetized footer with its own sidebar areas
- 4 custom widgets: latest tweets, blog subcategories, latest blog posts, latest flickr images
- Translation ready(theme + admin panel)
- Comments nested four levels deep. Support for comments pagination and avatars.
- 3 different portfolio layouts
- unlimited portfolios of the same type
- portfolios pagination and portfolio filtering options
- sitemap page template
- Image upload via Wordpress Media Uploader Library with wordpress automatic image resizing, no timthumb!
- 404 custom error page
- extra child theme for code customizations
- video support
- psds included
- detailed and spot on documentation
- demo xml export file included
Update 1.5.1 – July 13th, 2015
Fixed a bug introduced in 1.5 where the Flexslider stopped working.
Update 1.5 – July 2nd, 2015
Updated prettyPhoto script to the latest version. Updated superfish menu script to the latest version. Properly added the basic setup, registration and init actions using after_setup_theme. Updated the theme's options panel to the latest version. Added theme support for title tag in concordance with Wordpress 4.1 standardization of document title. Updated fitvids script to the latest version.
Update 1.4 – October 3rd, 2013
Updated twitter widget to work with api 1.1. Updated the theme's options panel to the latest version. Changed the way external js and css files are included to corespond with themeforest standards. Made sure the theme is compatible with the latest wordpress version 3.6.1 Updated the superfish menu script to the latest version. Updated the documentation to reflect the latest theme changes.
Update 1.3 – January 14th, 2013
Improved the theme's typography. Adjusted the theme's elements spacing(headers, paragraphs, blockquotes, etc) in order to greatly minimalize the usage of spacing shortcode. Removed wordpress autoformatting script that was causing lots of issues with plugins. Fixed a bug where service blocks could not align properly on smaller mobile screen sizes. Added a nice preloader to the theme's homepage slider. Updated twitter widget to work with the new api. The toggle content script has been replaced with a new and more smoother one. Fixed a glitch where the main menu fonts were loading after all the theme's page was loaded. Now the main menu fonts are loaded in the same time as the page is loaded. Properly enqueued all external css / js files in theme’s header.php Updated the theme options panel to the latest version. Updated the demo xml export file. Updated the theme's documentation for wordpress 3.5.
Update 1.2 – September 4th, 2012
Added a "Custom css" box in the theme options panel where you can paste your own css for easier customizations. Improved the "our team" shortcode with a new color parameter. Corrected the documentation - a couple of shortocdes such as "service blocks" or "our team" were not properly documented.
Update 1.1 – August 13th, 2012
Fixed a bug where slider navigation buttons weren't displaying properly on internet explorer 7 Fixed a bug social media icons' links weren't working properly Fixed a bug where the fav icon was included twice in the theme's header