Latest update – 1.1.3
August 11, 2013
- This update contains new version (1.0.4) of Orbital Login plugin. The plugin has been updated with few bugfixes (changelog will be available shortly on its CodeCanyon page).
Changelog for latest major version – 1.1
July 31, 2013
Main feature of this update is bringing frontend login to ListingPress, which is a solid groundwork for next set of updates that will effect in frontend listing submissions and paid membership. Stay tuned for more!
New big features:
- Frontend login – Orbital Login plugin is now included in ListingPress package. Users will now be able to sign in or register using a widget in page header, sidebar widget or dedicated login / registration page. They’ll also be able to edit their account settings on dedicated frontend page and manage their searches/favorites in frontend dashboard. Users can set their own password during registration and activate their account via e-mail.
- Beautiful dashboard for logged-in users – users will be able to manage their saved searches, access their favorite listings and edit their account settings on dedicated dashboard page.
- Favorite listings – logged-in users will now be able to add listings to favorites and view all their favorites in dedicated dashboard page. Not logged in users will be shown login popup after clicking ‘add to favorites’ button.
- Save search feature is now available only to logged-in users. Searches are saved as user meta data and the limit for saved searches is set to 50. Not logged-in users will be presented with login form when attempting to save search.
- Thumbnail navigation for image slider on single listing pages (can be disabled in theme options).
- Direction nav (arrows) has been added to all sliders.
- Google Maps visual refresh has been enabled.
- ‘Agents’ page template will now exclude subscribers.
- ‘Contact agent’ buttons will now turn green after the message has been sent.
- ‘Name’ and ‘Email’ fields in contact forms are now pre-filled for logged-in users.
- Ajax loader sprites are now pre-loaded.
- Cleaned up CSS from redundant browser prefixes on ‘border-radius’ properties.
- Fixed a bug where home search form would not properly display last location selected by user in advanced search form
ListingPress is a powerful listing search platform. It comes in form of real estate theme by default.
The theme has a listing search API built in so that you can customize search filters via a child theme to fit different niche, such as car dealership as an example.
ListingPress packs a functionality of industry-leading real estate websites wrapped with a better, more user friendly and responsive design.
Real estate live search
Custom developed AJAX search system will let you filter listings by multiple taxonomies and listing meta fields, all this while instantly displaying results for great user experience. You won’t find more polished real estate search system on ThemeForest!
Mobile and touch optimized
Great deal of attention has been payed to overall user experience, especially on mobile platforms. Real estate search with ListingPress feels almost like using a native app on smartphone devices. In addition to that, ListingPress is entirely retina-ready. Not only icons and layout have been optimized for hidpi devices, but also media assets will be displayed in high resolution.
Real estate features:
- live listing search via AJAX
- simplified home search for streamlined user experience
- grid, list and map views for advanced search
- property location autocomplete
- for sale / sold listing statuses
- default filters: price, status, location, type, property features, baths, beds, listing activity
- advanced search form will remember your latest search
- ability to save and load searches on listing browser pages
- agent contact form on single listing pages
- custom real estate icons set
- custom listing widget with touch optimized slider
- call to action area and featured listings slider on home page
- beautiful agent profiles
- multiple agents
- currency symbol, price format, price slider ranges (and more) can be customized in theme options
The real estate aspect of ListingPress is just the beginning. You can easily customize listing search filters in your child theme. Please read Customizing listing search form article in Orbital Themes Knowledgebase to learn more.
Each search filter that you add will have exactly the same functionality as in the default real estate version of the theme. You can add select, multiselect, autocomplete (home search only), radio and checkbox fields for every taxonomy attached to your listing post type, as well as range (min-max) and text fields for listing meta data (custom fields).
There is also an option to change a post type to which the search filters apply. This will, among others, enable you to use ListingPress as search system for eCommerce website. Please remember that you will still have to make appropriate changes to actual templates in your child theme in order to display your, let’s say, shop products properly.
Please read the above descriptions carefully before purchasing
If you have any pre-sales question – don’t hesitate to ask in the item comments section. This way you will be sure that what you buy is what you think you buy.
Orbital Themes support forum is in the works, but right now you can file a support request in item comments section or via contact form on my profile page.
Please be aware that I do not provide item customization services for free.
Please let me know if you have any feature ideas that will help to improve ListingPress for everyone. If enough people request the same feature I may add it as an update.
Following assents have made the development of ListingPress possible:
- jQuery UI Touch Punch
- jQuery FlexSlider
- jQuery Cookie Plugin v1.3
- jQuery Placeholder by Brian Reavis
- Options Framework
- Meta Box
Photos used in theme demo were purchased from PhotoDune and are not included in download package. The same applies to background in theme header.