An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, FRESHFACE, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through this item’s comments.
Additional information from FRESHFACE:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Slider won’t slide, what’s wrong?
Make sure you insert zero “0” as slider interval in theme options. This way it will work, but the auto-sliding will be disabled. If you want to enable auto-sliding, insert for example “300”. This value is in ms.
My slider displays the word “Slider” or similar, in a category field on home page.
When you create the slider category, you have to make sure you label it with all lowercase letters. The correct format is “slider”.
NOTE: Some versions are using format “Slider” (first letter is capital) so you can try that one if the lowercase “slider” doesn’t work.
My footer shifts to the left e.g. my layout breaks. I am running the v3.0 version.
Here is the quick fix http://demo.freshface.cz/file/lcp/sidebar_fix.txt
If that won’t help, make sure you don’t have an empty widget in a sidebar or wrong closed DIV structure (probably in one of your widgets or widget plugins).
Can you recommend a good SEO plugin which is compatible with your theme?
Use ‘Platinum SEO Pack’.
(thanks to user ‘whitecreativity’ for suggestion)
My images won’t show up, what should I do?
This is most probably caused by internal script “timthumb” which handles the server-side automatic resizing of your images.
Make sure you:
1) Have your images located on the same server/FTP as your theme. Doesn’t have to be in the same folder, just on the same FTP.
2) Set permissions 777 to the “cache” folder inside the theme. Use your FTP client for changing permissions. Google if you don’t know how, there are plenty of tutorials on the web or check out this video
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.