An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by aligatorstudio
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you provide support for Magnolia theme ?
We provide support if:
- There are issues with theme functioning.
- Our help is needed with theme options and features.
- We don’t provide support if:
- You edited the theme code and want us to solve the issues that came out as result of editing.
- Your support questions are beyond the matters and issues related to the theme
- Issues caused by plugins and/or poorly set up servers.
- We estimate your support question are revealing absolute lack of Wordpress knowledge and/or themes, or basic concepts in web sites development.
It’s assumed that you have some, at least, basic knowledge of Wordpress, it’s administration, installation of themes and that you, by purchasing theme on Theme forest understand that you purchased software with open code and we cannot support lack of theme functioning due to your, eventual, lack of knowledge or if you edited original theme code.
NOTE: Please, if you have multiple Envato accounts, contact us for support using same account from which you purchased the MAGNOLIA , with verification code, so we can verify your purchase.
Do you provide Magnolia theme customizations ?
No. We are providing support for issues, and to help you start with theme and do the basic setup. We are making smaller customizations in case of issues and if some promised featured is bug.
How to translate Magnolia ?
How to translate MAGNOLIA THEME?Our buyer Mark (Collaboration ) made a small tutorial on how to translate our theme:
- Install and configure WordPress and Magnolia Theme following the provided guidelines. After making sure, that everything works, as it is supposed to, make a full backup of all files.
- Download the default language files for the Magnolia Theme from the url ([YOUR DOMAIN ]/wp-content/themes/[YOUR MAGNOLIA VERSION ]/languages/). The language files are named “magnolia.po” and “magnolia.mo”.
- Open the “magnolia.po” with translation software – use a program like “Poedit” (http://www.poedit.net) to translate the english version of the Magnolia Theme into your preferred language. It is very simple. The english text is shown in a form field named something like “Original Text”, and then you enter the new text into a form field named “Translation”.
- You will have to rename the language file according to your chosen language. For the Danish language the file should be named “da_DK.po” (changed from “Magnolia.po”). A list of correct file names for different languages can be found here: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language
- After you have translated all the words and sentences, you want to, save the file. Before doing so, it is very important, that you under “Settings” in “Poedit” have chosen to “Make a .mo-file when saving”. This will automatically save a .po-file and a .mo-file (e.g. “da_DK.po” and “da_DK.mo”). Upload these files to the language folder of the Magnolia Theme ([YOUR DOMAIN ]/wp-content/themes/[YOUR MAGNOLIA VERSION ]/languages/).
- The last thing you need to do is to tell WordPress to use your language version. This is done by editing the file “wp-config.php”, which is in the root of your WordPress installation. Around line 70 (or close by) change the line “define (‘WPLANG’, ‘en_US’);” to your language version (same as new file names), e.g. “define (‘WPLANG’, ‘da_DK’);” (do not use citation marks :)) Also make sure to use the correct hyphens like: ’ for it to work (use same as in the file “wp-config.php”).
And that is it. Very quick, clean and works perfectly.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.