Magzimus is a powerful and flexible theme that focuses on providing functionality for blogs and informative sites.
Easy to use The theme is built with ease of use in mind. All of the included features have been tested and include very simple interfaces so you don’t need to edit any kind of code at all.
Fully Customizable Customization is the most important part of a theme. You should be able to adapt it to your needs fast and easy. Magzimus was designed to be fully customizable, with just a few clicks and keystrokes, you can changes the site’s layout, colors, images and messages. Your site will be unique, look great and you don’t even need to know html or css to do it.
Full color customization Every color in the theme can be customized by the user right from the administration panel with just a couple clicks. Avoid looking trough hundreds of CSS lines, Magzimus has made it really easy for you to customize your site.
Beautiful image slider At the end, your content is the most important feature of your site and it should be displayed prominently. Magzimus allows you to set a gorgeous slider right on your front page so you can show your visitors your most relevant content.
The slider is also extremely easy to use, just click a checkbox on your write panel when you are publishing a new entry and the theme takes care of the rest.
Responsive Version for smartphomes The theme will automatically switch to an appropriate version on mobile devices so your readers can enjoy a better experience that is more apt to their phones. It’s like getting two themes for the price of one.
Automatic image resizing Making several versions of each image you are trying to post should be considered a crime and a waste of time. With Magzimus all you need to do is add a large image and it will take care of automatically resizing it to use in the previews and the slider.
Of course, if you prefer to add your own versions, you are also welcome to do it and Magzimus allows you to.
Paged Navigation Multi-page navigation is easier to use for your visitors than the usual Next page / Last page links and that is exactly why it is included as the prefered way to navigate the archives in Magzimus.
Facebook integration Facebook comments are built-inn and you can use them instead of the usual wordpress commenting system or you can display both of them ate the same time. A facebook page widget is also included.
Twitter integration Send automatic notifications every time you publish a new post or grab your twitter feed and display it on the site. Magzimus leverages the power of social media and allows you to easily connect to a twitter account. Now with Oauth support!.
Built-in Widgets The default WordPress widgets are a bit limited and that is why Magzimus includes more powerful versions of some. No installation required, just drag and drop them to your sidebar.
Shortcodes Magzimus is built on the idea of letting users who do not have coding experience customize their themes as much as they want. On of the features included to achieve this are shortcodes. Little text snippets that replace the need for HTML code in your content. Add galleries to your posts, typographic elements, tabular data, alert boxes and buttons, all without needing to learn any complicated syntax.
Multi-language support The theme supports standard language localisation. English and Spanish language packs are included at the moment and more will be added in the future.
8 alternative backgrounds If you don’t like the default background that is included, you can use one of the other eight options that are available to you with your download. If you don’t like any of those either, you can always use your own as well.
Developer tools Magzimus lets you customize the look and feel of your site without the need to have any programming experience, however, if you ARE a developer and want to take your site even further, Magzimus includes some great tools like a custom CSS editor where you can add styles directly from the admin panel, this way, you won’t have to touch the theme’s css files and next time the theme is updated, you will be able to upgrade without worrying about losing your changes.
Constantly updated New versions are released constantly to stay up to date with the latest Wordpress version. New features are added as well.
Your purchase includes
- Theme All source files included and ready to use.
- Help file With easy to read instructions on how to use the theme.
- Graphic source files. The psd i used to build the theme is included.
- Custom widgets. Ready to use out of the box.
- E-mail support. If you have any questions, my e-mail address is in the help file, i’ll be glad to help you.
- Free Updates. Upgrades and new versions of the theme are constantly released, free of charge.
Enjoy your theme and thanks for your purchase!
04/07/2013 VERSION 2.0 IS FINALLY HERE!
Responsive version A responsive version has been added for smartphones. You can see the demo by pointing your device to the following URL: http://themeforest.net/item/magzimus-blog-magazine-theme/full_screen_preview/124491. See note below.
Note: The responsive version has been tested on iOS devices. Due to the fact that I don’t have easy access to other smartphones, it hasn’t been exhaustively tested on other resolutions and browsers. If you find problems with this version on a certain devices, please let me know, with details of the device, model and browser version.Admin Panel
- The theme now makes use of WordPress Theme customization tool. (Requires WordPress 3.4 or newer)
- Color settings and some other customizable options have been moved to the WordPress theme customization tool. You can find them by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking on “Customize”. Make sure Magzimus is the active theme.
- The rest of the settings have been organized and moved into a first-level menu in the admin panel. You can access them by going to your WordpPress admin panel and selecting “Magzimus” in the sidebar.
- Localisation is now supported.
- The theme settings to change the text from the admin panel have been removed because standard localisation seems to be the preferred way to do this by users.
- English (en_US) and Spanish (es_ES) are the included language packs. More packs will be added in the future. If you translate the theme into another language and would like to share the files, please contact me and I’ll add them.
- Improved the “Signup with Twitter” process to be more automatic. Saving your user credentials manually is no longer necessary.
- Fixed a bug that didn’t let Twitter redirect the user to the correct page after signing up while using a local server.
- Other minor bugs have been fixed with the Twitter API library.
- Share buttons have been added at the bottom of the single post page. They are on by default, they can be turned off in the “Social” page of the theme’s options.
- Facebook comments language has been changed to US English by default.
- Fixed a bug where the sidebar position was not being displayed properly when the option to move it to the left was activated in the layout settings.
- Removed the call to the included jQuery version. WordPress included version is used now instead.
- ts_getoption() has been deprecated and it will be removed in future versions, if you have made any modifications to the site using it, please make the necessary changes and use WordPress get_option() instead.
- The functions under includes/admin have been deprecated and they will be removed in the future, the new admin functions are in the admin/ directory.