An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
After installing the theme, I get the follwing message:
Cannot redeclare class OAuthException in /site/magnifica/includes/twitteroauth/OAuth.php on line 8
The error means you are running a plugin that is already calling the OAuth library (used for twitter and facebook authentiication usually). Since the theme also uses it for the twitter related features, it triggers an error when declared twice.
You can solve it two different ways:
1) Disable the plugin that is causing the conflict. (Test them one by one if you don’t know which one it is)
2) Open includes/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php in the theme’s folder and comment out or delete this line:
Optionally, if you are experienced in php, you could also locate the call to Oauth in the plugin and comment it out. This is actually better since you won’t need to remember to uncomment the call in the theme if you ever decide to disable the plugin.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.