MEGAMAG is a flexible all purpose magazine theme. With it’s deep tweakable appearance options the MEGAMAG theme can be molded to fit your exact needs whether it’s a personal blog or a grand scale magazine style homepage. With color coded widgets setting up your homepage will be a breeze and the richly customizable review system will let you tell the world exactly what you think about any given subject.
Latest News: Tested with WordPress 4.2
- Fully responsive design
- Powerful review system: Review system with an infinite number of custom criteria, even a template system to save you favorite criteria setup
- 6 Premade skins: Default, Food, Gaming, Girly, Fashion & Music (BG images not included)
- Detailed appearance options (Create your own skins in minutes)
- All logo PSDs included
- 3 Different slider layouts
- Flexible homepage layout
- Choose between blog-layout or magazine style layout
13 custom color coded widgets for easy overview and setup
- Homepage: 1 Column – Latest Posts
- Homepage: 1 Column – Category
- Homepage: 1 Column – Reviews
- Homepage: 2 Column – Categories
- Banner widget
- Search widget
- Blog description widget
- Facebook Like Box widget
- Flickr Photostream widget
- Twitter Widget
- Social Counter widget
- Tabs widget (Popular, Comments, Tags)
- Latest Posts (You can also choose to show highest/lowest rated reviews)
- Custom background images
- 6 widget areas (main content, sidebar, 4 footer areas)
- Social media sharing with support for all the major services
- Translation/localization ready
- Custom logo, favicon and background image upload directly to the Wordpress media library
- Nivo slider with simple drag & drop interface
- Post formats (Video, Gallery, Music)
- Full documentation as well as detailed explanations to each option in the custom theme options
Lots of shortcodes
- Alert Boxes
- Embed (Easily embed videos from all major video sites)
- WordPress menu support with dropdown functionality
- UPDATED: Security patch ( http://marketblog.envato.com/news/wordpress-item-security-vulnerability/ )
- FIXED: Responsiveness for full width pages.
- FIXED: Flickr widget now working again.
- Optimized for WordPress 3.9
- Made Theme compatible with Twitter REST API v1.1:
Removed Widget: Latest Tweets. (Use Widget: Official Twitter Widget instead)
Widget Social Counter now works with Twitter REST API v1.1.
You now have to authorize your homepage to access your twitter account.
Do this in MegaMag Settings > Post > Twitter OAuth.
Read the contextual help for more info (Click the arrow next to option)
- Various bugfixes.
- NEW FEATURES:
- 600+ Google Webfonts: You now have access to more than 600 Google Webfonts that you can use to customize the MegaMag theme.
- New Twitter widget: Based on Twitters own embeddable widget..
- Full header image: It is now possible to replace your header box with one big header image instead.
- Comment pagination: Comments now have pagination (remember to activate in Wordpress settings).
- Custom excerpts: You now have full control of your excerpts. New post option for custom excerpt (can contain HTML). Just leave empty to continue using auto-excerpts.
- BUG FIXES
- Fixed: Issue in options (textarea) where htmlentities were displayed as htmlspecialchars
- Fixed: Read more button pushed under post image in blog/archive view if excerpt too long.
- Localization: “Latest Posts” (blog-style) added to .po
- Fixed: Automatically generated text excerpts now split by word instead of by letter.
- BUG FIXES
- fixed bug in pagination layout.
- fixed bug when making post excerpt text in foreign language would leave unwanted characters.
- fixed bug that prevented you from inserting media in posts since v1.1.
- ADDED Greek translation
- Thanks to whitedesignx for the greek translation and for finding bugs
- NEW FEATURES
- Custom category backgrounds
- You can now assign a custom background picture to each category giving a new and distinct look to each section of your site.
- Easier translation
- We have included a default .po file saving you the work of making one yourself. Also included a danish translation.
- Optional header banner
- You now have the option of removing the header banner completely.
- Optional responsive design
- You now have the option to turn off responsive layout if you want your site to look the same on all devices and browser sizes.
- Clickable category widget titles
- When you click the title of a category widget you will go directly to the category archive page.
- Optional slider caption
- You can now choose to leave out a slider caption title or caption text. Maybe you just want titles on your slider images?
- More AJAX
- Delete button on the slider order items now uses AJAX. No more reloading the whole options page when you delete an item in the slider.
- BUG FIXES
- Localization fix
- Fixed error in comment count (only visible with debug on)
- Fixed a navigation menu problem