» Meteor 1.0.53 is available.
» Demo Content available in the theme package.
» Compatible with WordPress 3.9.x
Enter Meteor: Complete, Sexy & Elegant.
Meteor is a fully featured Retina Responsive WordPress theme.
Every little detail from User Interface to Development has been carefully thought, to provide you the best tools available for the job in the admin. This results in an extremely clean and elegant design, and a pleasure to work with.
The theme extends the WordPress Platform, and builds on top of it to provide you tools such as the amazing Gallery Manager, the powerful Layout Editor, Color Editor, and more. Meteor has been quite a technological challenge and achievement.
It can be both subtle with the details, and agressive in its implementation, resulting in an extremely smooth usage experience, as well as a very solid and secure platform to create your websites.
What’s New ?
- Boxed Layout: Switch between full width and boxed layouts (1.0.30)
- Twitter API v1.1: Add support for Twitter API 1.1, with authentication (1.0.34)
- Update Notification: Choose how often you want to receive update notifications (1.0.39)
- Retina Responsive
- Layout Editor & Gallery Manager
- Unlimited Layouts, Portfolios & Sidebars
- 40 Unique Layout Components
- 620+ Fonts to choose from
- 5 Premium 3D & 2D Sliders
- 361 Vector Icons for your creative delight
- 4 Custom Post Types: Gallery, Icon Posts, Portfolio & Pricing
- Supports all WordPress 3.5 Post Formats
- Multiple Widgets & Shortcodes
- Form Builder to satisfy your form needs
- Color Editor, supporting Multiple Color Themes
- Social Icons Manager
- WordPress Multisite Ready
- State of the Art Theme Options
- Admin Enhancements: Featured Images, Post Formats, Editor Styles
- Typography Manager, download new fonts when available
- WordPress Editor Styles with Google Fonts Integration
- Multi Language Ready, Translate the theme’s interface to multiple languages
- Built-in Translator, the theme handles .po files for you
- Multiple Blog Templates
- Multiple Portfolio Layouts
- Responsive Video Embeds
- Google Maps
- Pricing Boxes, Toggles, Accordions, Buttons, Icons
- HTML5 Video & Audio Players
- Update Notifications, be notified on theme updates
- Extremely Detailed Documentation
- Sample Content Included
- PSD Files Included
- Professional Support, on a friendly Support Forum with 1000+ users
- Meteor Slider
- Meteor VSlider
- Revolution Slider – $15 Value (included)
- Layer Slider – $15 Value (included)
- Cute Slider – $18 Value (included)
Using Meteor’s Layout Editor, you can build your layouts in a modular way. There are 40 Layout Components for you to choose from. Ranging from Galleries, Sliders, Google Maps, you name it. Each Layout Component has lots of configuration options.
You can get really creative with this tool. It has been designed to be fast and extremely efficient, which allows you to create your layouts very fast. There is also the ability to import and/or export layouts to a JSON file, which you can later on export into your live site.
The Gallery Manager tool allows you to create and organize your galleries like never before. You are able to control exactly how the images are going to look like, by setting the cropping option for each image as well as assigning title, description and link.
The galleries you create, will be then accessible from the Layout Editor, so you can easily include them in your layouts. You also have a shortcode to embed the galleries into your Post Content, via the WordPress editor.
Font Awesome Icons
Meteor is deeply integrated with the popular Font Awesome icon set. This means you can insert icons almost everywhere. You have 361 icons to choose from. Meteor has a build system which will include new icons as they are released, made available on theme updates.
Choosing so many icons and memorizing their names is a very hard thing to do. This is why you have at your disposal an Icon Chooser tool, which helps you insert your icons, and even search for the icons you’re looking for. How cool is that ?
Meteor includes the popular Simple Icons social icon set, which contains 143 social icons for you to choose from. The icons are also available in High Definition, for Retina Display devices. Meteor is smart enough to choose the proper icon resolution based on the device.
Meteor is full of surprises. You have 5 Sliders to choose from, including 2 Unique Sliders (designed & developed to match its style) and 3 Premium Slider Plugins ($48 value), which are fully integrated with meteor’s core. This means you can configure your sliders in their respective configuration screens, and then include them on your layouts using the Layout Editor.
I LOVE the theme so much – the possibility with this theme is endless! And it’s just a matter of time that this goes really popular on ThemeForest.
Jerry Low – webhostingsecretrevealed.com
This is a fantastic theme. Not only is it a great looking design but the included layout manager makes it easy to customize. So far its done everything I could hope for and more. Thanks for creating the best theme out there.
I just want to thank der for his awesome customer service after sale. He helped me out throughout all the installation process. He was very supportive. And what it’s better, the theme looks extraordinarily good. It has lots of options..
For any issues or questions you may have regarding the theme, head over to the Support Forums and post your question there. You will receive proper help.
- Updated FontAwesome to 4.0.3
- Minor stability fixes
- Layout Editor encoding fix
- Add target option to icon_big shortcode
- Fix Meteor Gallery permalink issue
- Layout Editor stability fix
- Add action field to Form Builder
- Fix Meteor Posts Scroller when no images loaded
- Fix post/page draft previews
- Fix header image not being applied when sticky header enabled
- Fix comment form issues on certain browsers/servers
- Fix comments display, not showing pending moderation comments
- Fix vertical touch scroll on meteor slider/vslider
- Add "Page Query Override" component
- Add missing translation string
- Fixed minor logo display issue
- Stability improvements
- Minor admin style adjustments for WordPress 3.8
- Fixed logo display issue on retina devices
- Improved theme detection for Meteor Extras
- Add missing options to meteor_gallery shortcode
- Implement tabindex on Form Builder
- Implement anonymous senders on Form Builder
- Add "Show as excerpt" option to Icon Post Components
- Updated documentation to reflect changes
- Add Password Protection Mode option
- Add portfolio tags
- Add Thumbnail controls to Meteor Gallery component
- Allow shortcodes on Gallery/Slider titles and descriptions
- Fixed form labels nowrap bug
- Fixed bug with sidebar names in Layout Editor
- Stability fixes and improvements
- Add Click Behavior options to Meteor Gallery
- Add Cc and Bcc to Form Builder
- Add additional validation methods to Form Builder
- Child theme support fixes
- Minor CSS Fixes for IE
- Fix issue with logo on retina devices
- Better Form Builder support for Foreign Languages
- Layout Editor fixes & improvements
- Prevent layouts from rendering on password protected posts/pages
- Fix lightbox bug when not displaying zoom button on thumbnails
- Several stability fixes and improvements
- Fix issue with column calculation in post displays
- Allow non-ascii characters in sidebar names in layout editor
- Fix VSlider issue with slides without a title
- Only show approved comments in blog activity widget
- Add dual support to form builder select and textarea
- Add Auto Scroll to Logo and Posts Scrollers
- Add Randomize option to Logo Scroller and Display
- Add Meteor Portfolio Posts Scroller component
- Child Theme support enhancements (1.0.40)
- Several Layout Editor Fixes & Improvements (1.0.40)
- Add several color options to the Color Editor (1.0.40)
- Better support for dark color themes (1.0.40)
- Multiple Form Builder enhancements (1.0.40)
- Add [check] shortcode to Form Builder (1.0.40)
- Fix bug that prevented quote styles from rendering properly (1.0.40)
- Fix bug that prevented Theme Options from rendering on IIS (1.0.40)
- Fix bug on twitter widget retrieving wrong number of tweets (1.0.40)
- Minor adjustments to the blog activity widget (1.0.40)
- Minor adjustments to comment form (1.0.40)
- Default to check new updates weekly (1.0.40)
- Add ability to refresh update cookie (1.0.40)
- Update documentation to reflect new additions (1.0.40)
- WordPress 3.6 UI Adjustments (1.0.41)
- Updated Meteor Extras plugin (1.0.41)
- Add Boxed Layout feature (1.0.3)
- Add additional color customization options (1.0.3)
- Add extra switch to Button/Capsule shortcodes (1.0.3)
- Minor Fixes and Improvements (1.0.3)
- Minor documentation updates (1.0.3)
- Better support for Password Protected and Multipage posts (1.0.31)
- Better support for servers with strong security policies (1.0.32)
- Fixed twitter feed issue (1.0.33)
- Now using Twitter API v1.1 to retrieve tweets (1.0.34)
- Add ability to remove post/page thumbnail from single post (1.0.34)
- Fixed issue with video embeds in content component (1.0.35)
- Add Meteor Portfolio Posts component (1.0.36)
- Add Blog Portfolio Posts component (1.0.36)
- Add antispam switch to form shortcode (1.0.36)
- Add Meteor Aside Portfolio Posts component (1.0.36-1)
- Add Homepage Layout notices in admin (1.0.37)
- Minor documentation updates (1.0.37)
- Fixed logo resizing bug in firefox (1.0.37)
- Fixed dual inputs shortcode spacing issue (1.0.38)
- Fixed Call to Action icon not displaying in button (1.0.38)
- Fixed issue with non-ascii spaces on Layout Editor (1.0.38)
- Add permission issues reporting on admin (1.0.38)
- Improve compatibility with Jetpack plugin (1.0.39)
- Add Video Support in Meteor Posts (1.0.39)
- Render shorcodes above the more tag (1.0.39)
- Add Update Notification check interval (1.0.39)
- Minor Fixes and Adjustments (1.0.2)
- Add Full Width Content component (1.0.2)
- Add shortcode examples to documentation (1.0.2)
- Fixed layout editor issue when meteor extras not installed (1.0.1)
- Fixed twitter feed issue with timestamps (1.0.1)
- Minor documentation updates (1.0.1)
- Initial release (1.0.0)